Gog's meeting of the minds?

Discussion in 'Gog / Magog' started by SkyRider, Feb 4, 2019.

1. SkyRider

SkyRider Well-Known Member

Putin, Erdogan, Rohani Set For Sochi Summit On Syria

The leaders of Russia, Iran, and Turkey are scheduled to meet in the Russian Black Sea resort of Sochi on February 14 to discuss the situation in Syria, according to Turkish and Russian state media.

The reports on February 3 did not give full details of the planned meeting of Russian President Vladimir Putin, Turkish leader Recep Tayyip Erdogan, and Hassan Rohani of Iran.

But Russia’s NTV broadcaster said the leaders will discuss the situation around the so-called deescalation zone around Idlib in Syria and the pending withdrawal of U.S. troops from the war-ravaged country.

The three countries have said they want a political solution to end the seven-year civil war in Syria.

Moscow and Tehran back Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, while Turkey and the United States back differing rebel groups.

Several rounds of negotiations over recent years have failed to end the fighting, which has claimed the lives of more than 400,000 people, displaced millions, and devastated many historic sites across the country.

U.S. forces are set to depart from Syria where they worked closely with the Kurdish People's Protection Units, or YPG, which Turkey considers to have terrorism links.

U.S. President Donald Trump has received criticism from Republicans, Democrats, and some foreign officials for what they have called a hastily planned withdrawal of the 2,000 U.S. troops, with many saying it leaves Kurdish allies at the mercy of the Turks and hands a victory to Russia and Iran.

Turkey has threatened to attack the United States' Kurdish allies fighting Islamic State militants in Syria. Ankara views the Kurds as terrorists with ties to insurgents within Turkey.

On January 14, Trump threatened to “devastate Turkey economically” if Ankara attacks the U.S.-backed Kurdish forces.

With reporting by Reuters, TASS, and Interfax

————————————————————————————

Interesting that the three main protagonists mentioned by Ezekiel in cryptic form in his Gog/Magog campaign against Israel are getting together on Valentine's Day? to talk stragedy about the affairs going on in Syria. I have long felt that this Gog character is the demonic spiritual chief prince of that region, probably, primarily the one overseeing Russia and its sphere of influence over neighboring countries. It would be hard to imagine that it would be just a human personage like the Vlad the Bad, as this character shows up again towards the end of the 1000 year reign of Christ.

But almost certainly, he will be in that room with these guys when they get together for their talks. You can almost hear him now, “Hey guys, here's a thought....okay, an evil one”.

Mish, Len, cchomeschoolmom and 4 others like this.
  2. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

Well, well, well if it isn't the Gog & Magog team planning their evil against Israel! They will reap what they sow when they meet up with Almighty God! :amen

Mish, Cindy S., vbf and 6 others like this.
  3. greg64

greg64 Well-Known Member

I find it interesting who doesn't appear to be on the guest list -- Assad/Syria. It's pretty much a province of Russia now anyway, so I suppose no great surprise Vlad isn't even bothering with keeping up appearances.

Mish, cchomeschoolmom, Luke12 and 7 others like this.
  4. athenasius

athenasius Well-Known Member

The underlings met this last week, again, in Russia as Stratfor reported last week or the week before. Paving the way for the big bosses that SkyRider has pointed out here in this thread to carve up their Syria stuff. Assad is not invited for sure. Russia is hosting, which says Russia feels like the leader in this coalition, JUST LIKE EZ SAID. I didn't realize the big guys were coming to talk so soon after. I'll try to get some more juicy details and add it in to this very good thread started by SkyRider!!!!

5. Kaatje

Kaatje Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it, Athenasius! :pizza Yum, juicy details!

6. athenasius

aha, Stratfor reported this on Jan 21, that in MOSCOW on Jan 23rd, a meeting would be held between Iran, Turkey and Russia. I was wrong, it wasn't underlings, it was the leaders themselves. Now out of that we see another meeting scheduled for Sochi on the 14th of Feb. This is really getting interesting.

Monday Jan 28th Lavrov, (Putin's lapdog) announced the Mid Feb talks in the "Astana" peace process which is named for Astana in Kazakhstan where Russia has been carving up Syria between the major players (excluding America and the western nations) as quoted here: dated Monday Jan 28th in a Russian news source;

"Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov says the next round of peace negotiations for Syria in the Astana format will be held in the Kazakh capital in mid-February.

The top Russian diplomat announced the news during a joint press conference with his Kazakh counterpart, Beibut Atamkulov, in the Russian capital, Moscow, on Monday.

He added that the 12th Astana talks would be attended by the three guarantor nations of the peace process, namely Russia, Iran, and Turkey, as well as observers from Jordan and the United Nations (UN).

He said the presidents of the guarantor states would likely hold a summit, too.

“There is an agreement in principle, the principal understanding is the organization of a regular summit next month involving the Russian, Turkish, and Iranian presidents. As soon as the details are finalized, we will inform you,” Lavrov further told reporters.

He also said Moscow believed that Turkey and Syria would be able to agree on providing security to their common border following a planned pullout of US forces from the Arab country.

“That is why we have to take immediate action to avoid any vacuum there. We believe that Syria and Turkey could freely use the 1998 security agreement, the so-called the Aden Agreement,” Lavrov said.

Since January 2017, Moscow, Tehran, and Ankara have been mediating peace talks between representatives from the Damascus government and opposition groups in a series of rounds held in Astana and other places. The talks are collectively referred to as the Astana peace process.

The first round of the talks began a month after the trio joined efforts and brought about an all-Syria ceasefire. The three states act as the guarantors of that truce.

The talks have helped significantly decrease the violence gripping Syria by creating four de-escalation zones there. They have also paved the way for the formation of a constitutional committee.

This is while a parallel UN-backed peace process in Geneva, Switzerland, has failed to deliver much.

Syria has been gripped by foreign-backed militancy since March 2011. But that conflict has been winding down as the Syrian government reasserts control over parts formerly held by militant and terrorist groups."

end of quote, back to Margery talking here.

This is a RUSSIAN point of view, notice the disdain for the UN backed peace process in Geneva. Also notice that the AMERICAN withdrawal that Trump announced SPED THIS UP!!!!!

The talks on the Feb 14 date, will be in Sochi. Looking at the locations, it's all Russian safe zones where the process can be controlled, and monitored (spy vs spy) to ensure it favours Russia. Russia will try (and succeed according to Ez) in controlling the process and remaining the leader.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
    Mish, Batfan7, John Romans and 3 others like this.
  7. athenasius

Unfortunately I'm not getting much western press from good sources other than my Youtube Stratfor one on that previous meeting --other than some quiet articles in Russian controlled sources and Jordanian and other Arabic media. None of which I would link to. Reuters is reporting on this Sochi meeting on Feb 14th, so that means that Russia is allowing more press coverage, so this might be a bigger more important meeting. But the ground work must have been laid in the last few meetings between the big 3-Russia, Turkey and Iran.

I think Donald Trump is once again, the catalyst that the Lord is using to move the players into their places before the curtain in the theatre goes up, revealing the Ez 38 event. When he announced suddenly that the US was pulling out, I think Putin and Rouhani and Erdogan had already been thinking along these lines, but with that announcement, it's like the matter became really URGENT for those 3 and they are stepping on the gas to get their plan in place before the Western powers from Geneva can intervene.

Mish, RobinMc, vbf and 6 others like this.
  8. lightofmylife

lightofmylife Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!

This is getting so exciting to see all this playing out for prophecy. Amazing days to be witnessing this. :amen

Mish, athenasius, vbf and 7 others like this.
  9. vbf

vbf Well-Known Member

Things are progressing such that I no longer buy green bananas or hard avacados.