Gog dispensationalist vs other views

Uturn9319

Syria's Assad says Russian bases in his country keep balance of power in region

In an interview with Russia’s Ministry of Defence TV channel Zvezda on the fifth anniversary of Moscow’s intervention in Syria that tipped the conflict in his favour, Assad said Russia’s two main bases were important to counter the West’s military presence in the region.

“This global military balance needs Russia’s role ..this needs (military) bases..we benefit from this,” Assad said adding Syria needed such a presence that his military commanders say countered Washington’s dominance in the region.

Alongside the Hmeimim base, from which Russia launches air strikes in support of Assad, Moscow also controls the Tartus naval facility in Syria, its only naval foothold in the Mediterranean, in use since the days of the Soviet Union.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...keep-balance-of-power-in-region-idUSKBN26Q033

Uturn9319

PM Netanyahu, Russian President Vladimir Putin talk Iran and Syria

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a phone conversation on Wednesday and raised regional security issues.

The two discussed “Iranian aggression and the situation in Syria,” according to a Prime Minister’s Office statement.
https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/netanyahu-putin-talk-iran-and-syria-644858

Uturn9319

Economic Sanctions are Pushing Iran into a Closer Relationship with Russia and China

For Russia also, the US near-economic blockade on Iran is helpful on both the economic and security fronts. Expandingon the Iran-Russia joint commission began back in 2018, Russian Duma Chairman Vyacheslav Volodinled a senior parliamentary and governmental delegation to Iran in late January for this purpose of bringing Iran further into Russia’s Eurasian Economic Union. Iran seems to have agreed to be a key link in Russia and India’s sea and rail system known as the International North-South Transport Corridor (INSTC)—an intermodal international system that links India by a short sea distance to Iran’s port in the Gulf of Oman through Azerbaijan and into Russia and onto Northern Europe.

https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2020/10/...-a-closer-relationship-with-russia-and-china/

Uturn9319

Turkey wants to deepen ties with African nations, Erdoğan says

Turkish companies have continued their work in Africa with devotion despite logistical issues and coronavirus-related measures, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Thursday.

Erdoğan's remarks came during his speech at the opening ceremony of the virtual Turkey-Africa Economy and Business Forum, which kicked off Thursday.

"They (Turkish companies) have so far undertaken nearly $70 billion (TL 555 billion) worth of projects across the continent. The market value of these projects has exceeded $6 billion," the president noted.

Organized by Turkey’s Foreign Economic Relations Board (DEIK) in cooperation with the Trade Ministry and the African Union, the two-day event looks to lay new ground to strengthen Turkey’s existing relations with the continent, while providing new opportunities amid the critical period of the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.dailysabah.com/business...deepen-ties-with-african-nations-erdogan-says

YallNeedJesus

I highlighted the entire book of Romans

athenasius

Is normalization between Saudi Arabia and Israel in the cards?

The kingdom, its image tarnished by multiple missteps, is seeking to ensure that it is not perceived as the odd man out as smaller Gulf states establish diplomatic relations with the Jewish state.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2020/10...between-saudi-arabia-and-israel-in-the-cards/
I think it's a strong possibility. As for the situation in the Sudan, I think Bashir got deposed by the Wagner Group, because he wasn't acting on Russian orders fast enough or efficiently enough. It's been a while but I remember the news back then-- a few reports. The new guy, the interim govt takes orders from Russia as will anything that gets "voted" in.

Uturn9319

Sudan-Israel relations must not be linked to US terror designation, says Hamdok

Normalisation of Sudan’s relations with Israel must not be tied to its long-awaited removal from a US list of state sponsors of terrorism (SST), according to Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok.
https://africanbusinessmagazine.com...-linked-to-us-terror-designation-says-hamdok/

Well if that's the case, I doubt they are getting off any list.

Uturn9319

Meeting Saudi FM, Pompeo encourages normalization with Israel

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo on Wednesday encouraged Saudi Arabia to recognize Israel, in what would be a massive boost for the Jewish state amid normalization by two other Gulf Arab kingdoms.

Bahrain, which tightly coordinates its foreign policy with Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates on September 15 signed the so-called Abraham Accords with Israel at the White House.

Meeting Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Faisal bin Farhan, Pompeo said the agreement “contributed greatly to our shared goals for regional peace and security.”
https://www.timesofisrael.com/meeting-saudi-fm-pompeo-encourages-normalization-with-israel/

Uturn9319

Turkey in favor of lasting solution to Karabakh conflict, Erdoğan tells Putin

The two leaders discussed recent developments in Syria as well. Turkey and Russia, members of the Astana Group, have long been cooperating for the de-escalation in the war-torn country and facilitate the conditions for a political transition.

“President Erdoğan also underscored that the momentum gained in the political resolution process of the Syrian crisis should be preserved,” read Ankara’s statement on the matter.

Kremlin’s statement also cited the Ankara-Moscow partnership in regards to Syria and Libya. “The effectiveness of cooperation between Russia and Turkey was pointed out during the discussion of Syrian and Libyan affairs. The cooperation helped to stabilize the situation and move forward on the political and diplomatic tracks,” it underlined.

https://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/t...on-to-karabakh-row-erdogan-tells-putin-159153

Uturn9319

Sudan to normalize ties with Israel after US ultimatum - report

Sudan has reportedly decided to move forward with normalizing ties with Israel, after the US reportedly issued a 24-hour ultimatum to the country demanding that it recognize Israel in order to be removed from a US blacklist, a source close to Sudan's leadership told i24News.

The decision was made after a heated discussion on Wednesday, according to the news station.

In September, Sudanese Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok said that the country does not want to link its removal from a US terrorism list, which is hindering access to foreign funding for the country’s economy, with a normalization of relations with Israel. However, Sudan’s leaders did not rule out establishing ties with Israel as part of a US offer of $300 million in economic aid, as well as $3 billion in debt relief and investments.
https://www.jpost.com/arab-israeli-...-with-israel-after-us-ultimatum-report-645798
-------------------
<comment>
So are we demanding normalization now? If this even goes through, it isn't going to last very long. I don't like this move. It may last through the transitional government, but that is about it. We shouldn't be forcing anything on anyone - even peace.

In an alternate theory, this could make Israel feel at ease with her neighbors being in a peace agreement with them.
However, this might spike public outcry and there may be a price on someone's head over this. It's only speculation until it happens.

Last edited:

athenasius

So are we demanding normalization now? If this even goes through, it isn't going to last very long. I don't like this move. It may last through the transitional government, but that is about it. We shouldn't be forcing anything on anyone - even peace.

In an alternate theory, this could make Israel feel at ease with her neighbors being in a peace agreement with them.
However, this might spike public outcry and there may be a price on someone's head over this. It's only speculation until it happens.
I'm in agreement.

This will last only till Sudan gets off that list. Then they will attempt to look like they comply while stabbing Israel in the back and denying it when confronted. I think if this has really gone ahead, Russia has given the OK to it, to get the Sudan off that terror list for reasons of their own. Nothing that Sudan does comes from Sudan, it originates in the Kremlin.

I think you are right about the public outcry this will cause among the mullahs of Sudan who will not be happy with this move. This interim govt in the Sudan is very interim, and any agreements forced onto it, may be worth the paper they are printed on when a new govt comes in. Meanwhile Russia's Wagner Group who are the puppeteers in each of the countries Russia is taking over, pull the strings. The last guy was removed because he didn't move fast enough when the Wagner group gave orders.

If Russia has told them to sign onto this agreement, then Russia is planning to remove this govt fairly soon but they want to look nice towards Israel while taking over in the Sudan.

Uturn9319

I'm in agreement.

This will last only till Sudan gets off that list. Then they will attempt to look like they comply while stabbing Israel in the back and denying it when confronted. I think if this has really gone ahead, Russia has given the OK to it, to get the Sudan off that terror list for reasons of their own. Nothing that Sudan does comes from Sudan, it originates in the Kremlin.

I think you are right about the public outcry this will cause among the mullahs of Sudan who will not be happy with this move. This interim govt in the Sudan is very interim, and any agreements forced onto it, may be worth the paper they are printed on when a new govt comes in. Meanwhile Russia's Wagner Group who are the puppeteers in each of the countries Russia is taking over, pull the strings. The last guy was removed because he didn't move fast enough when the Wagner group gave orders.

If Russia has told them to sign onto this agreement, then Russia is planning to remove this govt fairly soon but they want to look nice towards Israel while taking over in the Sudan.
THIS. Couldn't have said it better. Their goal is to get off the list. However, to my knowledge it still has to be approved by Congress. This is one place the Dems are refusing to comply.

Uturn9319

Sudanese PM opposes normalization with Israel as Khartoum deliberates move

Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok is said to have voiced strong opposition to Khartoum instating any formal diplomatic relations with Jerusalem. Deliberation on a potential peace deal comes a day after its government reportedly received an ultimatum from Washington on the matter.

Media outlets in Sudan, meanwhile, said earlier Thursday the government officials in the capital Khartoum were still divided on the issue.
https://www.israelhayom.com/2020/10/15/report-sudans-decision-on-normalization-could-come-today/

I want to say that I prayed about this specifically last night and this article popped up today. I guess Sudan is not a shoo-in yet! Back to the original plan until God says otherwise!