God's Word

Lovin Jesus

Examining the caption below the Heading of the topic & discussion for Bible Readings, Reflections, & Devotions it reads Sharing God's Word

I have thought about these words "God's Word" for a while and I have often wondered the connection between The Bible being The Word of God Hebrews 4:12, and Jesus being The Word of God John 1:1

After much reflection on this it came to me this way. The Bible is The Word of God in that it speaks Gods voice to us to give us His message for everything we need in all things

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for everything
2 Timothy 3:16

And for us to know the prophecies ahead of time for Gids purpose to be fulfilled andgive us hope in His promises

For everything that was written long ago was written to instruct us, so that we might have hope through the endurance and encouragement that the Scriptures give us.
Romans 15:4

So the Bible is beneficial for these things but there's one more significant thing the Bible has and that it has the purpose for which His Word Jesus in through Him would bring the remedy of the fall of man. The whole theme of the scriptures is based in Jesus and His fulfilling Gods purpose. So basically the Bible is Jesus story.

From Genesis the first Bible prophecy is in the first mention of Jesus
And I will put enmity
between you and the woman,
and between your offspring[a] and hers;
he will crush your head,
and you will strike his heel.”
Genesis 3:15

Jesus story continues with The death burial resurrection that would bring salvation to the world by believing in Him

Now, brothers and sisters, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received and on which you have taken your stand. 2 By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you. Otherwise, you have believed in vain.

3 For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance[a]: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,
1 Corinthians 15:1+4

Jesus story didn't end with his death and resurrection though.
Jesus story continues to Revelation 19:11-18 when He will come again to finish His purpose.

11 I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. 12 His eyes are like blazing fire, and on his head are many crowns. He has a name written on him that no one knows but he himself. 13 He is dressed in a robe dipped in blood, and his name is the Word of God. 14 The armies of heaven were following him, riding on white horses and dressed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 Coming out of his mouth is a sharp sword with which to strike down the nations. “He will rule them with an iron scepter.”[a] He treads the winepress of the fury of the wrath of God Almighty. 16 On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written:

king of kings and lord of lords.

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun, who cried in a loud voice to all the birds flying in midair, “Come, gather together for the great supper of God, 18 so that you may eat the flesh of kings, generals, and the mighty, of horses and their riders, and the flesh of all people, free and slave, great and small.”

Then Jesus story continues to His rule on the earth for a millennia.

Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven, holding in his hand the key to the bottomless pit[a] and a great chain. 2 And he seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years, 3 and threw him into the pit, and shut it and sealed it over him, so that he might not deceive the nations any longer, until the thousand years were ended. After that he must be released for a little while.

4 Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years. 5 The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is the one who shares in the first resurrection! Over such the second death has no power, but they will be priests of God and of Christ, and they will reign with him for a thousand years.
Revelation 30:1-6

Then the defeat of Satan and all that's left of Gods enemies
Revelation 20:7-15

And finally Gods last enemy defeated by Jesus

Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has destroyed all dominion, authority and power. 25 For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet. 26 The last enemy to be destroyed is death. 27 For he “has put everything under his feet.”[c] Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God himself, who put everything under Christ. 28 When he has done this, then the Son himself will be made subject to him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
1 Corinthians 15:24-28

This gave me the understanding why The Bible is The Word Of God and how Jesus is The Word of God. The whole Bible is about Jesus.

That's Jesus story. Gods Word is about Gods Word.

I hope the way I explained this gave justice to the concept I was giving about how I connected the phrase The Word of God. If I heard this somewhere I don't remember but this thought came to mind and has made sense to me.

Lovin Jesus

Good post, very BOLD..... :biggrin2
Thanks. Bold, lol. Yeah. We have had this conversation. I didn't do the highlighted bold in the post. It just posted that way like it has with many of my posts. I still recheck to see why it happened. The BB code was off. Went back to the website I copied the verse from to recopy it to post to a different thread with the same followed words and clicked to post. and no bold happened. Human error? Computer glitch? Not sure how it happens but it still gives me goose bumps every time. Glad you noticed it that gives the purpose of the bold I guess to get attention to the portion that was highlighted. Strange indeed

Andy C

Thanks. Bold, lol. Yeah. We have had this conversation. I didn't do the highlighted bold in the post. It just posted that way like it has with many of my posts. I still recheck to see why it happened. The BB code was off. Went back to the website I copied the verse from to recopy it to post to a different thread with the same followed words and clicked to post. and no bold happened. Human error? Computer glitch? Not sure how it happens but it still gives me goose bumps every time. Glad you noticed it that gives the purpose of the bold I guess to get attention to the portion that was highlighted. Strange indeed
Whenever I have issues with my electronic devices, I always assume user error...:rolleyes:

Lovin Jesus

Whenever I have issues with my electronic devices, I always assume user error...:rolleyes:
I consider that as well but it is with whatever device I use and only select portions of a post then no more issues again for a period of time and it doesn't matter which device I use. It begins and ends selectively. But then I could explain til I'm blue in the face and it still doesn't make sense if it doesn't happen with someone else to understand it

Lovin Jesus

Jesus is the Logos of God the Bible is not.

Hmmmm. Yes.
My post wasn't a biblical concept or an interpretation of sorts. It was my own connection based on my explanation in my post. I used scripture to support that the theme of the Bible is redemption from the fall of man through Jesus and restoring Gods original purpose. I found it interesting Jesus is called the word of God and so is the Bible which is Jesus story as the One who will fulfill Gods purpose. My post doesn't have a contrast to it biblically since it's my own thought. But then....lol. I don't like being in court Ronnie lol.

Lovin Jesus

Hmmmm. Yes.
My post wasn't a biblical concept or an interpretation of sorts. It was my own connection based on my explanation in my post. I used scripture to support that the theme of the Bible is redemption from the fall of man through Jesus and restoring Gods original purpose. I found it interesting Jesus is called the word of God and so is the Bible which is Jesus story as the One who will fulfill Gods purpose. My post doesn't have a contrast to it biblically since it's my own thought. But then....lol. I don't like being in court Ronnie lol.
I have trouble getting my thoughts to say what I mean. I didn't use the right words for this post . My OP was my thoughts, under the "reflections" category. I was reflecting on a perspective on The Word of God that's crossed my mind but just sharing that thought. Not meant to teach or interpret the Bible.

seated with Christ

Hmmmm. Yes.
I wasn't throwing shade at you (slang, believe I am using that right) I was just bringing more to the table of discussion. :)