God's voice

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
This is a story I must tell. I was a Security Guard in 1981, and I was in the Hyatt Regency the one where the catwalk went down K.C.Mo. There was a tea dance that night people were dancing on it. It collapsed went down, and many were killed or injured as it came down on the people below. The problem with the catwalk was the structure wasn't strong enough to hold those people. 2 weeks before this happened I was in the building on my lunch break to see what it looked like

inside. I actually heard a man's stern warning voice tell me to get out. I looked around and there was no one there. I thought that was very odd. So I ignored it and kept walking. Pretty soon the same stern warning voice told me the same thing to get out. Still no man around. After 2 weeks went by I heard what happened with the catwalk collapsing, and thought of the man's voice telling me to get out. My thought was God spoke to Moses in the burning bush. Was this God warning me that something was about to take place? This happened 38 years ago last month in July, and I still remember the sound of the voice!

Last edited:

maryrae

WOW,Loml, just, ....Wow! Surely God warned you, perhaps by one of His ministering servants (angel).
Praise the Lord for His protection, and so glad that you listened.

Something that bothers me, is the guilt feeling I have after something tragic or hugely impacting, happens to someone I know, and I perhaps had just been gently nudged by the Holy Spirit. I tend to berate myself for not speaking to them of the Lord. I'm working through that though, and realize that those types of feelings don't originate from my Heavenly Father, and that I am loved still.

lightofmylife

WOW,Loml, just, ....Wow! Surely God warned you, perhaps by one of His ministering servants (angel).
Praise the Lord for His protection, and so glad that you listened.

Something that bothers me, is the guilt feeling I have after something tragic or hugely impacting, happens to someone I know, and I perhaps had just been gently nudged by the Holy Spirit. I tend to berate myself for not speaking to them of the Lord. I'm working through that though, and realize that those types of feelings don't originate from my Heavenly Father, and that I am loved still.
Any feelings of guilt I agree maryrae comes from the evil one!
I felt uneasy on the catwalk, and was thinking maybe it was from being in the air like that felt weird. There was actually more to it. The catwalk wasn't built right strong enough that is why when those people were dancing on it the catwalk collapsed. When I heard 2 weeks later after I had been on it that it went down, I thought of that voice that I heard twice. I have another story also. This one is totally different when my father was about to die 4 days before I was in his room a woman's voice said just one time Janice. It wasn't the voice of my mom or cousin who was in the room. My brother Ray walks in and says you are not going to believe what just happened to me. I was wondering if he heard a voice as well, and he did a woman who said his name Raymond. How do you explain this one?

lightofmylife

I have no idea! I guess it's something that you could ask the Lord when we all arrive Home. Perhaps we'll just know the answers to some of those questions when we are finally clothed with our immortal sinless bodies!
My brother said the voice sounded like my dad's mom my grandma who was dead, and still is in 2005. Dead people don't talk! I wonder if it was a demonic spirit unless there are women angels that say your name with no message!

Last edited:

maryrae

My brother said the voice sounded like my dad's mom my grandma who was dead, and still is in 2005. Dead people don't talk! I wonder if it was a demonic spirit unless there are women angels that say your name with no message!
I am so thankful for Scripture. It is God-breathed, living, alive & powerful. God's Word tells us to test the spirits, and you are so right...dead people don't talk. It may very well have been demonic in origin. I have never known of angels who've spoken in Scripture, who don't have a message....after all, they (good ones) are God's messengers.

Cindy S.

I was praying years ago for my daughter to get picked up and jailed as she was into drugs and the police were looking for her.
Several times I was pleading with God and heard in my spirit "it's done". This happened about 3 or 4 times. It WAS done, she was spotted by an off duty officer on Saturday who radioed to the police on patrol. She was in custody!

OnlyHim

This is a story I must tell. I was a Security Guard in 1981, and I was in the Hyatt Regency the one where the catwalk went down K.C.Mo. There was a tea dance that night people were dancing on it. It collapsed went down, and many were killed or injured as it came down on the people below. The problem with the catwalk was the structure wasn't strong enough to hold those people. 2 weeks before this happened I was in the building on my lunch break to see what it looked like

inside. I actually heard a man's stern warning voice tell me to get out. I looked around and there was no one there. I thought that was very odd. So I ignored it and kept walking. Pretty soon the same stern warning voice told me the same thing to get out. Still no man around. After 2 weeks went by I heard what happened with the catwalk collapsing, and thought of the man's voice telling me to get out. My thought was God spoke to Moses in the burning bush. Was this God warning me that something was about to take place? This happened 38 years ago last month in July, and I still remember the sound of the voice!
Very interesting! Most of the time I know when Jesus is speaking when I am in conversations like either prayer or just chatting, but there was one time that I heard what I think was Him audibly. In 2003, I was building our new home. This was a time in my life too that I think Jesus was really calling me to true repentance and salvation despite growing up in a Christian home. Looking back, while I was frustrated with some of my friends who I had helped on many of their projects previously didn't show up when I needed help, it turned out to be a huge blessing. I got to spend hours and hours that summer pouring myself out to Jesus and having many great conversations and even worship all alone with just Him.

One day while working in the living room I heard a firm and very clear voice say, "Jeff!" I stopped working and looked around. The radio was not on and I was the only one in the house. It sounded as if it came from upstairs. So, I walked all around that house looking to see if someone was there but there wasn't. To this day I cannot get that moment out of my head. It was very real and I am convinced it was Jesus calling my name!

That summer and the project culminated with a moment I sent one morning sitting in the dining room watching the sun come up that to this day I will never ever forget. At that point in those days, I was getting up early at our old house so that I could drive over to the new house and just sit and pray before going to work. Things were not going well at all with my young company and I feared I was going to go out of business. One morning while sitting in the quiet I found myself start simply thanking Jesus for everything that he had done for me; the time we had spent together over the summer talking, my family, my job and so on. At that moment I physically experienced this warm and full of love feeling of such an incredible peace and joy that I have never experienced since. It was truly the Holy Spirit of God filling my soul. I could not stop smiling and even laughing in pure joy and peace! What a blessing for sure.

I miss those days.

Spartan Sprinter 1

When a car almost cleaned me up I was roping mad and about to get out of the car and beat up the other driver, at that very moment restraint literally came over me and a voice came in my head saying "Shaun do not beat up a man in front of his children".

it was literal intervention from the holy spirit I knew it straight away !!!!! I knew this because my anger literally went away after I jumped out of the car and I literally froze as I was about to confront the driver and seen that he had children watching in fear in the backseat before I felt that conviction and just walked back to my car and drove away

antitox

JSTyler said it exactly. If you want to know His voice you need to read His word. This sooooo true. I can hear him all the time now because I spend hours in His Word every day. You don't seek to hear something when it comes to this, you simply learn to recognize when he is speaking. It's not an effort so much as it is a state of life that we live.

aldanielle

This is a really great point, Jeff K. Right on!

I think it's pretty clear in Scripture that if you truly want to hear God's voice, it's found only in Scripture. Any other source has to be called into serious question.

You wanna hear from God, read His Word. You wanna know God, read His Word. You wanna draw closer to God, read His Word. This could go on and on. The person of the Holy Spirit IS God's Word. I love how Dave Hunt put it, "The Word of God is God's DNA."

Contemplative prayer or Lectio Divinia or repetitive prayer or even to some degree, going out into nature to open yourself up and "be still and know that I am God" can be very dangerous. There's a certain fallen angel of light with an army of demonic imps that are very happy to deceive the unwary.

You wanna hear from God, read His Word.
I agree with this completely. My friend who grew up in church and knows the Bible started going out and doing the nature thing. Now, she doesn’t thank God, she thanks the universe and has decided that Jesus is only a thing in the US and if she grew up somewhere else she would be Buddhist but because she grew up here it is Jesus. She was implying no matter what you pray to we all end up in the same place. I never thought she would end up that way. It’s scary how the devil can enter in.

aldanielle

Before I got my life right with God in my drug and drinking days, well I was sober but still selling drugs for money and hanging out with bad people, I was stressed about money and praying asking God what to do. I heard an authoritative stern voice tell me to “quit selling drugs and tithe.” I have no doubt God spoke to me that day. I knew it was God. It whipped my butt into shape too!

JSTyler

I agree with this completely. My friend who grew up in church and knows the Bible started going out and doing the nature thing. Now, she doesn’t thank God, she thanks the universe and has decided that Jesus is only a thing in the US and if she grew up somewhere else she would be Buddhist but because she grew up here it is Jesus. She was implying no matter what you pray to we all end up in the same place. I never thought she would end up that way. It’s scary how the devil can enter in.
That's so heartbreaking to read. :pray ing that your friend finds their way to Jesus Christ.

Almost Heaven

This is a really great point, Jeff K. Right on!

I think it's pretty clear in Scripture that if you truly want to hear God's voice, it's found only in Scripture. Any other source has to be called into serious question.

You wanna hear from God, read His Word. You wanna know God, read His Word. You wanna draw closer to God, read His Word. This could go on and on. The person of the Holy Spirit IS God's Word. I love how Dave Hunt put it, "The Word of God is God's DNA."

Contemplative prayer or Lectio Divinia or repetitive prayer or even to some degree, going out into nature to open yourself up and "be still and know that I am God" can be very dangerous. There's a certain fallen angel of light with an army of demonic imps that are very happy to deceive the unwary.

You wanna hear from God, read His Word.
:scoregood