God Are You RealGod Are You There?

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
During the coolness of autumn as the day faded into darkness, I was laying outside on the grass and looking up at the crisp and clear night sky with all the stars sparkling across this deep dark and vast background, wondering to myself..."God are you real? I need to know! I am so very alone! God are you there?" I waited, but not for long...then it came to me as in a still small voice across the eons of time and answered both of my deep troubling questions with such profundity..."I AM!"

PS I wrote this piece as an insight I received recently but put it in a fictional setting. I hope that you enjoyed it.
God bless
Brother Albert

Last edited:

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
During the coolness of autumn as the day faded into darkness, I was laying outside on the grass and looking up at the crisp and clear night sky with all the stars sparkling across this deep dark and vast background, wondering to myself..."God are you real? I need to know! I am so very alone! God are you there?" I waited, but not for long...then it came to me as in a still small voice across the eons of time and answered both of my deep troubling questions with such profundity..."I AM!"

PS I wrote this piece as an insight I received recently but put it in a fictional setting. I hope that you enjoyed it.
God bless
Brother Albert
I did enjoy it, and I could imagine looking up at the stars and asking Him those same questions... :inlove

pixelpusher

Your OP reminds me: That still, small voice...

I agonized for a year over quitting my job to freelance. I would go for a long paddle and walk around this little island in the river and pray and pray for the answer “should I do this”? Then one day, squatted down at the bank of the river, praying, watching the little wind waves come in, I “heard” Him speak inside me somehow. “Do you trust Me?“ That’s it. All He said, and with all the profundity in Brother Albert’s OP. I was stunned. DO I really trust God?! Wow. Very quickly decided yes I did, and turned in my resignation the next Monday.

Brother Albert R.

Jesus loved us and said we should Love our enemies
Brother Albert, do you love to write, I love writing and words (I have a vast vocabulary) , but my spelling doesn't match my gift of writing. I can see that you do have a gift for writing, don't you think so. :)
When in the right frame of mind I can write well, not great but well. The more reading, the more my vocabulary increases because of having to constantly look up the meaning of words that are not commonly used. What is enjoyable to me is making up stories when little one are over the house visiting, I try to include them in the story just to make it personal with them. When my writing skills improve perhaps I will venture to have some published. I hope that you share some of what you have written with us here on the forum, we would all enjoy it I'm sure.
God bless you as you are Seated with Christ
Albert
PS one such story for the little ones is...
Once there were five little kittens that pounced outside to play when they got tired they layed down to rest and dreamed that they were,
five little puppies running up stairs to play when they got tired they layed down to rest and dreamed that they were,
five little chicks that chased each other round and round until they got tired and layed down to rest and they dreamed that they were,
five little kittens that woke up from sleep ready to pounce once more for they had enough rest.

PSPS the younger they are the more such stories entertain them.

Last edited: