Glad to be part of the forum

Hello, my name is Christian, I’m married and have 6 small children. I recently fled tyranny/ communism in NJ and moved to Houston TX. At this point in my theological understanding of the Bible I would see myself as a classical dispensationalist in the Ryrie/Walvoord camp. I am also in line with Ryrie in soteriological issues such as election, atonement non Lordship ect. I lean pretrib at this point due to it seeming to me to make the best sense overall but still have several questions that I have not been able to find the answers to which I am hoping that through discussions on this forum will be resolved. I have called several churches in the area and have visited many as well and have not been able to find one that is biblically sound. If anyone has any ideas for churches in the area please let me know. I look forward to being a part of this group.

greg64

Hello, my name is Christian, I’m married and have 6 small children. I recently fled tyranny/ communism in NJ and moved to Houston TX. At this point in my theological understanding of the Bible I would see myself as a classical dispensationalist in the Ryrie/Walvoord camp. I am also in line with Ryrie in soteriological issues such as election, atonement non Lordship ect. I lean pretrib at this point due to it seeming to me to make the best sense overall but still have several questions that I have not been able to find the answers to which I am hoping that through discussions on this forum will be resolved. I have called several churches in the area and have visited many as well and have not been able to find one that is biblically sound. If anyone has any ideas for churches in the area please let me know. I look forward to being a part of this group.
Welcome! Check out Sugarland Bible Church -- hopefully you're near enough for that. Dr. Andy Woods is lead pastor and very highly regarded here. There is a wealth of in depth studies on slbc's site which may help with your questions. Of course, the members here are always glad to help, too.

Lord willing, I'll be visiting that area next weekend for a wedding. Doubt we can make it to slbc, but would love to.

ShilohRose

Welcome to the Rapture Forums! I would also to recommend Dr. Andy Woods of Sugarland Bible Church. He often references Ryrie and Walvoord in his sermons and teachings. He has a series on the Rapture that is over 60 sessions in length. Very thorough. I like that he discusses the other perspectives and then explains why they are wrong.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I have called several churches in the area and have visited many as well and have not been able to find one that is biblically sound. If anyone has any ideas for churches in the area please let me know.
www.slbc.org
Sugarland Bible Church has a pastor who I believe studied under Walvord. Andy Woods is the most biblically sound teacher of God's Word that I've found in the 37 yrs I've been a Christian. Scroll way down on the home page, past all the Covid info, and click on Sermon Archives. Make sure to choose a sermon by Dr. Woods. When he's out of the pulpit attending a conference, he has solid men who fill in, but he's outstanding!
PS: We lived in Houston area 13 yrs, not far from Johnson Space Center. My dh worked at Univ of Houston.