Getting to know each other

XSLaura

Hi I am Lori from Indiana. I am 52 and have been married to my high school sweetheart for 34 years. My son is 32 and is a pastor. He is married but no children. My 29 year old daughter works at a local businesses and plays bass worship band. I homeschooled our children and am a stay at home wife now. I like to cross-stitch, read, knit and bullet journal

Psalm37v4

lol I sure do not miss the snow. I lived about 25 miles south of Buffalo in Hamburg. We did live in Schenectady for a couple of years way back in 68-69. The rain and thunder storms are quite different down here, much stronger but still I just love being here. Our little gated community feels very safe and there quite a number of Christians here.
I know where Hamburg is. I think there was (or still is?) a mall there. Been there a few times.
Albany doesn't get a lot of snow, but we get more bitter cold wind chills and wind. There aren't a lot of Christians in the area, so I look to forums like this for fellowship.

Oh, and I was born in 1965, and my name isn't Kathy. LOL It's Lynda with a Y. ;)

yrrek

Okay................. NOW I "get" your name!!!! Where are you in Ohio, Kerry? As a kid, I lived in Gallipolis and Jackson for a few years. Gallipolis was my dad's home town and all his family lived there. I'm so glad you are able to be an "at home" mom for your kids!!! It makes so much difference when you can do that! You sound very talented.......... I get my kicks from cooking and entertaining, but now that I'm older, much older, most people in my age bracket don't do that anymore. It's sad and I miss it.
I was raised in Savannah. It's a tiny little village in northern oh. Now I'm around the Mansfield/Ashland area. I love cooking too but not so much the clean up.

ginka

Interesting ladies here! I might be the most senior. I've been married 51 years, married at age 19 so currently 70 (seems to change rapidly now days!). 3 sons and 3 dil, 8 grands. They live in 3 different states which made it easier for us to decide to go to full time rv living after we retired!

Reading and writing are my favorite hobbies (going to check Robin's site). Also enjoy nature and hiking. I think I'm interested in almost everything but creation science is a big interest and their take on geology. That brings up my interest in rocks and minerals. My husband has always said I should be cheap because I hardly eat any meat and I collect rocks! But then I also like shoes so that compensates! . Nice to meet you all here and someday---There!

RobinB

Interesting ladies here! I might be the most senior. I've been married 51 years, married at age 19 so currently 70 (seems to change rapidly now days!). 3 sons and 3 dil, 8 grands. They live in 3 different states which made it easier for us to decide to go to full time rv living after we retired!

Reading and writing are my favorite hobbies (going to check Robin's site). Also enjoy nature and hiking. I think I'm interested in almost everything but creation science is a big interest and their take on geology. That brings up my interest in rocks and minerals. My husband has always said I should be cheap because I hardly eat any meat and I collect rocks! But then I also like shoes so that compensates! . Nice to meet you all here and someday---There!

Let me know if you are interested in a specific story, some of the books I have at home and can send you :)

kathymendel

Okay................... you win! Happy birthday, belatedly. I think I've got to be one of the oldest ones here, tho. Or at least, not too far down on the list.
Funny thing is, I don't feel 75............well, my body does, due to my bad back. But, I don't feel old in my head...........

Deputy

Hello, all!
This is my very first post to these forums! I stumbled across it when I came to Prophecy Update. It was a nice surprise and I hope to find many good friends here.:)
My name is Cassie. I will be 51 on the 3rd of November. (I am still shocked at being fifty! My gray hairs let me know that I have indeed passed the half-century mark. Ugh.LOL)
I live with two of my sisters in Iowa. We love each other dearly and have a wonderful time talking about the Lord. (Jesus is my favorite subject. My sister Sharon and I--we are roommates--talk long into the night about the Father, the Holy Ghost, and the Son of God. I cannot wait until the rapture. Being away from my Lord is excruciating.)
I used to be an avid reader but confess that I don't do much of that these days. My time is spent in my upper room where I spend the day with the Lord.. We also have noon day prayer every day where we pray for a couple hours. Also, we have Tuesday night bible study and Thursday night service. We worship on Saturday, as that is the sabbath day.
God is my vocation, my hobby, and my addiction. I will never have enough of Him. I love Him with my whole heart and soul.
I look forward to getting to know you all.
Good evening and God bless!

Cassie