Getting to know each other

Goodie

OK time to jump in.

I'm Lynda, age 54, and single but spiritually "married" to my Lord Jesus. I currently work as a Secretary in an office that deals with permits, leases of our property (Thruway), and environmental issues. I used to work in Fiscal Audit for over 25 years with a miserable, nitpicky, unappreciative supervisor and finally got the nerve up to transfer. Now I work for a truly sweet and understanding female boss - the exact opposite of what I had. Been doing this for over 30 years - 3 more years til retirement!

I've been serving the Lord for over 30 years too, had some highs and lows but over time I've drawn close to Him and loving Him more and more. I was called into music ministry in 1998 and have only had limited opportunities to serve Him due to most of the churches being "purpose driven" or preaching another gospel.

I have 3 cats that God gave me - Serena (a shelter kitty), Daniel, a medium hair who'd been in 3 homes prior to mine, and Toby, an Abyssinian/Tabby mix who was dx'ed as FELV+ but the Lord said He would heal him (and I believe He has). Toby is the youngest and is so funny, he can turn anything into a toy. God told me to name him "Toby", which means "God is good." So every time I say his name, I'm praising the Lord! :)

Hobbies? I love to sew doll clothes for Barbie and Dawn (Barbie's 11.5", Dawn is 6.5"), restore and collect them. I love to sing for the Lord, I'm in a bowling league (not a good bowler but fun), and I"m also into baseball, hockey, and classic movies/tv game shows.

Oh yes...I have ADHD and also AvPD (Avoidant Personality Disorder), so my life is crazy at times but it's all good.

Goodie

Oops. Chubby finger syndrome. I'm so glad to meet you . I enjoy the writers Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum ,war movies,Fox News. Battlebots. Penn State Football. I have claustrophobia ,panic attacks and I would never leave the house if it were not for guilt. I think I have told you gals everything. There that feels better.

Goodie

OK time to jump in.

I'm Lynda, age 54, and single but spiritually "married" to my Lord Jesus. I currently work as a Secretary in an office that deals with permits, leases of our property (Thruway), and environmental issues. I used to work in Fiscal Audit for over 25 years with a miserable, nitpicky, unappreciative supervisor and finally got the nerve up to transfer. Now I work for a truly sweet and understanding female boss - the exact opposite of what I had. Been doing this for over 30 years - 3 more years til retirement!

I've been serving the Lord for over 30 years too, had some highs and lows but over time I've drawn close to Him and loving Him more and more. I was called into music ministry in 1998 and have only had limited opportunities to serve Him due to most of the churches being "purpose driven" or preaching another gospel.

I have 3 cats that God gave me - Serena (a shelter kitty), Daniel, a medium hair who'd been in 3 homes prior to mine, and Toby, an Abyssinian/Tabby mix who was dx'ed as FELV+ but the Lord said He would heal him (and I believe He has). Toby is the youngest and is so funny, he can turn anything into a toy. God told me to name him "Toby", which means "God is good." So every time I say his name, I'm praising the Lord! :)

Hobbies? I love to sew doll clothes for Barbie and Dawn (Barbie's 11.5", Dawn is 6.5"), restore and collect them. I love to sing for the Lord, I'm in a bowling league (not a good bowler but fun), and I"m also into baseball, hockey, and classic movies/tv game shows.

Oh yes...I have ADHD and also AvPD (Avoidant Personality Disorder), so my life is crazy at times but it's all good.

anath

I Love the Lord
Erika, I don't know what it means. I needed a a username and Mike picked up his Scofield and looked in the back in the Proper Names section and found 'anath- heaven sent' and by his request I kept it.

Erika, I am learning all the time about the exotic plants, there's just so much uniqueness to each plant. I am in awe of the Lord's creation.

kathymendel

1944 here. Born in Artesia, CA. Moved to Gallipolis, Ohio when I was seven (my dad's home town), stayed for three years and then moved back to southern California...... lived in Corona from age 12 thru 17, then moved to Anaheim to finish up high school. That was a looooong time ago. And much has happened and I've moved around quite a bit since then, too. I just can't figure out how I got old so fast.......... :noidea2

Kerbluey

Oops. Chubby finger syndrome. I'm so glad to meet you . I enjoy the writers Tom Clancy and Robert Ludlum ,war movies,Fox News. Battlebots. Penn State Football. I have claustrophobia ,panic attacks and I would never leave the house if it were not for guilt. I think I have told you gals everything. There that feels better.

Ah, yes, I’m familiar with the guilt motivation. I was this close to being housebound but went to therapy due to guilt. Guilt, the great motivator!

kathymendel

My name is Kerry from Ohio. I'm gonna be 33 next month. Have been married for 12 years. I have two boys 10 and 4. I stay home with my kids but also am into painting and music.
Okay................. NOW I "get" your name!!!! Where are you in Ohio, Kerry? As a kid, I lived in Gallipolis and Jackson for a few years. Gallipolis was my dad's home town and all his family lived there. I'm so glad you are able to be an "at home" mom for your kids!!! It makes so much difference when you can do that! You sound very talented.......... I get my kicks from cooking and entertaining, but now that I'm older, much older, most people in my age bracket don't do that anymore. It's sad and I miss it.