Getting to know each other

Kem

Citizen
Hi, I'm Kathie age 75 and live with my husband in South Carolina. We have two sons age 51 and 55 one of whom lives only 4 minutes away and it our great blessing that he and his wife are so close. Dh and I live in a small gated community of truly nice folks and have been here almost 3 years after moving from western NY.

I will fill you in with a bit more later but my fingers have arthritis so a little at a time is good. :)

kathymendel

Another Kathy here in southern California. Widowed a little over four years ago. Mom to three of mine and two of my late husband's..........blended family. We were married for 35 years before the Lord called him home. He was Jewish and received Christ within one year of our marriage. Beautiful, kind, and loving man. Miss him so. My eldest daughter, also widowed, now shares my home and my life and is such a blessing to me. God is so good because we get along so well and have fun together. We take care of each other. We attend a wonderful church in the new area we moved to three years ago.............very, very blessed. We like to take our little Shasta trailer out camping - mostly at the beach. I love, love, love this forum..........between RR and RF I've been a member since 1998.

anath

I Love the Lord
Hi I'm Susan 66, married to Mike 70, 25 years.
I love to cook and garden and enjoy taking care of dh and 4 cats. We had lived in New Orleans until 3 years ago until it just became too dangerous and since we were getting old moving to a safer environment was what we needed. I love to play the piano but like Kem, I have arthritis. I love growing all kinds of tropical exotic plants.

Kaatje

So here it is, our new build home.
Located in a beautiful rural area, far away from the hustle and bustle.
It’s a bungalow, where we have everything we need on the ground floor, with a guest wing upstairs.
It’s a lovely house with amazing views.

But I really get a better feeling about what our Lord meant when He said He would make mansions for all of His servants. It is a LOT of work. ;)

JoyJoyJoy

Hi I'm Susan 66, married to Mike 70, 25 years.
I love to cook and garden and enjoy taking care of dh and 4 cats. We had lived in New Orleans until 3 years ago until it just became too dangerous and since we were getting old moving to a safer environment was what we needed. I love to play the piano but like Kem, I have arthritis. I love growing all kinds of tropical exotic plants.
Susan, I love tropical plants! Will you be my new best friend??
Seriously, what does anath mean??

Emmajw

Hi, I'm Kathie age 75 and live with my husband in South Carolina. We have two sons age 51 and 55 one of whom lives only 4 minutes away and it our great blessing that he and his wife are so close. Dh and I live in a small gated community of truly nice folks and have been here almost 3 years after moving from western NY.

I will fill you in with a bit more later but my fingers have arthritis so a little at a time is good. :)
My brother lives in SC. How do you like SC compared to NY??

Psalm37v4

OK time to jump in.

I'm Lynda, age 54, and single but spiritually "married" to my Lord Jesus. I currently work as a Secretary in an office that deals with permits, leases of our property (Thruway), and environmental issues. I used to work in Fiscal Audit for over 25 years with a miserable, nitpicky, unappreciative supervisor and finally got the nerve up to transfer. Now I work for a truly sweet and understanding female boss - the exact opposite of what I had. Been doing this for over 30 years - 3 more years til retirement!

I've been serving the Lord for over 30 years too, had some highs and lows but over time I've drawn close to Him and loving Him more and more. I was called into music ministry in 1998 and have only had limited opportunities to serve Him due to most of the churches being "purpose driven" or preaching another gospel.

I have 3 cats that God gave me - Serena (a shelter kitty), Daniel, a medium hair who'd been in 3 homes prior to mine, and Toby, an Abyssinian/Tabby mix who was dx'ed as FELV+ but the Lord said He would heal him (and I believe He has). Toby is the youngest and is so funny, he can turn anything into a toy. God told me to name him "Toby", which means "God is good." So every time I say his name, I'm praising the Lord! :)

Hobbies? I love to sew doll clothes for Barbie and Dawn (Barbie's 11.5", Dawn is 6.5"), restore and collect them. I love to sing for the Lord, I'm in a bowling league (not a good bowler but fun), and I"m also into baseball, hockey, and classic movies/tv game shows.

Oh yes...I have ADHD and also AvPD (Avoidant Personality Disorder), so my life is crazy at times but it's all good.

Kem

Citizen
Hi Kathie - where in Western NY (WNY) did you live? I was born and raised in the Town of Niagara. Moved to Albany in 1988 after getting a job the Lord led me to. I'll bet you don't miss the snow!
lol I sure do not miss the snow. I lived about 25 miles south of Buffalo in Hamburg. We did live in Schenectady for a couple of years way back in 68-69. The rain and thunder storms are quite different down here, much stronger but still I just love being here. Our little gated community feels very safe and there quite a number of Christians here.

Kem

Citizen
1952 here. I grew up in a small town in northeastern Pennsylvania. A population of about 300. The baby boom being in full swing . My class had forty children. There were 4 Kathys.
There are 4 Kathy's that I know of here in our community also. It was quite a popular name in that era. I was named for my grandmother who's nickname was Kitty.