Getting to know each other

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Hi ladies (and some gentlemen). Want to get to know each other better?? I will go first...
My name is Missy. I am married with a 33 yr old daughter, sil, and 3 grandkids that are the ' frosting on my cake'. We keep them on Saturday night and my dh takes them to church each Sunday.
I have rheumatoid arthritis. It limits my ability to get out. But I am never bored at home. I actually enjoy house work and absolutely love to work in my yard, which is full of flowers.
I don't love to cook.
I enjoy sewing and yard sales and thrift stores.

Goodie

I’ll go next . My name is Kathy and I have been married 43 years. Two married children with four grandchildren. We all live close around the south central Pennsylvania area. I taught school until I got fed up with the public school system. Try to take a year off from children but the God opened a door that I will praise Him forever. He led me to to church run pre-schools. The freedom to tell 3 and 4 year olds about my best friend Jesus. I could rock the babies to sleep singing hymns . I fell and broke my wrist and hand . I couldn’t care for babies . So after over twenty years of loving my work each and every day, I had to wait for it to heal and it never healed well enough to go back. That was about seven years ago . Maybe finish later this has made me a little morose

Kerbluey

Hello, Ladies. Great thread. My real name is Christy. I’m 52, been married for 28 years with only fur babies. We live in the beautiful state of Missouri. I enjoy art, knitting, making dolls for charity, and playing games on the computer. I don’t like to cook, but I have a mountain of cookbooks. I used to love to garden, but back issues have disabled me.

JoyFillsMySoul

Hello from Texas! My name is Leigha. I'm 52 and have been married for 29 years. We have two daughters, one SIL, four granddogs, and two pups of our own. I enjoy reading, painting, yarn crafts and sewing. My husband and I like to cook together. We take turns being head chef and sous chef. I'm a retired banker and now work as a secretary at a local middle school.

Goodie

I’ll go next . My name is Kathy and I have been married 43 years. Two married children with four grandchildren. We all live close around the south central Pennsylvania area. I taught school until I got fed up with the public school system. Try to take a year off from children but the God opened a door that I will praise Him forever. He led me to to church run pre-schools. The freedom to tell 3 and 4 year olds about my best friend Jesus. I could rock the babies to sleep singing hymns . I fell and broke my wrist and hand . I couldn’t care for babies . So after over twenty years of loving my work each and every day, I had to wait for it to heal and it never healed well enough to go back. That was about seven years ago . Maybe finish later this has made me a little morose
Hello Missouri and Texas. Glad to meet you .

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
Hello from Texas! My name is Leigha. I'm 52 and have been married for 29 years. We have two daughters, one SIL, four granddogs, and two pups of our own. I enjoy reading, painting, yarn crafts and sewing. My husband and I like to cook together. We take turns being head chef and sous chef. I'm a retired banker and now work as a secretary at a local middle school.
I love to read. I like historical fiction. Feel free to share any good books. Presently I am reading on Catherine Howard, one of the wives of Henry Xlll. I like books filled with detail...what they ate, wore, etc.... I also like Asian fiction (Pearl Buck), and Roman fiction.

Kaatje

My soul waits for the Lord, and in His Word I hope
Hi girls, I’m Erika, 54, married 34 years, with 2 children, a daughter of 30 and a son of 28,
a sil and a dil and 3 grandchildren, 2 boys age 5, 4 and a girl, age 2.
My husband and I run a computerfirm. Dh builds and maintains Servers etc, and I run the office.

This week we moved to our new build house, so I wasn’t able to lurk much around on the Forum.
There is still very much to do (about 400 boxes to clear) and finding our way in the new village.

Looking forward to relaxter days, in which I can spend more time with the Fellowship.
Either here on the Forums, or better still, on the other side of the clouds in person!

Goodie

Hi girls, I’m Erika, 54, married 34 years, with 2 children, a daughter of 30 and a son of 28,
My husband and I run a computerfirm. Dh builds and maintains Servers etc, and I run the office.

This week we moved to our new build house, so I wasn’t able to lurk much around on the Forum.
There is still very much to do (about 400 boxes to clear) and finding our way in the new village.

Looking forward to relaxter days, in which I can spend more time with the Fellowship.
Either here on the Forums, or better still, on the other side of the clouds in person!
we'll be over for coffee

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Hi girls, Cindy from S.W. Michigan. On 2nd marriage, 27 years. No kids together but 5 kids between us and 7 grandkids.
I'm 61 and work at a university. Planning to work until 66.5 for full retirement unless the rapture happens first. DH is a mechanic retiring this month, that will be a major life adjustment.

RobinB

Hi I'm Robin in Maryland, married 29 years in October. The day job is in secondary marketing for a large MD-based mortgage company, my side thing is writing Christian romance novels. I am eating Keto so reading lots of info on that right now. Also, have been a golfer-in-training for many years.

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
Hi I'm Robin in Maryland, married 29 years in October. The day job is in secondary marketing for a large MD-based mortgage company, my side thing is writing Christian romance novels. I am eating Keto so reading lots of info on that right now. Also, have been a golfer-in-training for many years.
How interesting. Do you use your real name?

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
My name is Melissa. I'm 34, single, with no children (I'd love to meet the right man and raise a family). I paint, compose music, and my hope is to get my children's books published someday. I like to do any ocean sport and have raced surfski, paddleboard, and outrigger canoe. I'm not sure of my purpose or place in the world, but I'm trying to love others around me as much as I can. I feel our time is short here.

Anewcreationinjesus

Come Lord Jesus!!!!!!
I'm Ang, 40, with 2 kids, one as yet unsaved dh, 2 Guinea pigs and a hedge full of sparrows in a beautiful little English village so quiet that at night you can sometimes hear the birds snore!! My days seem to be full of cooking, feeding animals, attempting to garden, passing on my self taught piano playing bad habits to the kids, and being a big kid with scooter rides, games of scrabble and even today, helping ds paint his toy buses!

My testimony is very twisty turny, involving brought up in church, then going off the rails, then reading the word afresh, convicted of the sins of my youth and now I know am born again beyond a doubt, then rescued from much deceptive stuff.. Including falling into a bunch of Joel's army mysticism and then 5 point Calvinism... Praise God for his faithfulness and rescue!!

Undercover as the only currently saved person in this house, I have a scribbly prayer journal, masses of notes both Bible study and NAR research, and like everyone on here, each day that goes by, I exclaim, but Lord it feels so LATE!!!!

The fellowship on here truly helps as we all exhort and encourage one another in the middle of the lateness...

Last edited:

GotGrace

I really like the idea of meeting on the other side of the clouds. The negativity in this old world has really been getting me down somewhat the last couple of weeks, and I’m actually a glass half full person. Oh yeah the other side of the clouds would be the perfect meeting place for the RF folks.