Getting Past The Past

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Getting Past The Past
By Dennis Huebshman

Take a few moments and consider just how miserable our existence would be if we didn’t have such a loving, caring, graceful and merciful Triune God. When God created the heavens and the earth and all the land and sea creatures, He very well could’ve stopped there, and would not have had to tolerate any human weaknesses. However, He knew from the minute He put humans on this earth, all that would take place from that time until the new heavens and new earth of Revelation 21 would be created. (ESV – all emphasis mine)

For anyone who doesn’t have a relationship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, this sounds almost too incredible to be possible. Unless someone is familiar with Genesis 1:3-5, they would not know that time was created for us, and our Heavenly Father is not bound by it.

Besides being Omniscient, or all knowing; Omnipotent, or all powerful; He is Omnipresent, or everywhere at the same time. Consider what the Psalmist wrote in Psalms 139:7-12; “Where shall I go from Your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from Your presence? (8) If I ascend to Heaven, you are there. If I make my bed in sheol, You are there. (9) If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, (10) even there Your hand shall lead me, and Your right hand shall hold me. (11) If I say, surely the darkness shall cover me, and the light about me be night, (12) even the darkness is not dark to You; the night is as bright as the day, for darkness is as light with You.”

No one can hide from our God. Hebrews 4:12-13; “For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit; of joints and of marrow; and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. (13) And no creature is hidden from His sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.”

John 3:16 gives us the “God So Loved” promise that all who believes in His Son would have eternal life. This thought is continued in verses 18-20 to give us the consequences of not having Jesus as our Savior. “Whoever believes in Him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God. (19) And this is the judgment; the Light has come into the world, and people loved darkness rather than the Light because their works were evil. (20) For everyone who does wicked things, hates the Light, and does not come into the Light lest his works be exposed.”

Is it any wonder that lucifer, satan, or the devil is called the prince of darkness? Because of destructive self-pride (Isaiah 14:12-16; Ezekiel 28:13-19), he lost his position as an archangel, and is destined to be cast into the lake of fire which was made specifically for him and his followers (Matthew 25:41). That will take place at the end of our Savior’s 1000 year reign on earth immediately at the end of the Tribulation/Wrath 7-year period.

Unlike humans, for whom our Savior shed His precious blood to offer us the gift of eternal life, satan and the fallen angels have no pathway to forgiveness. They were already in the presence of our most Holy Heavenly Father, and turned against Him and all that is good.

Humans have a choice, and we can repent and call on Jesus to be our Savior as long as we have not passed from this life. The steps are in Romans 10:9-13, and as verse 13 states; “All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” As I have said many times, God will force no one to receive and accept His Son, but will accept all who truly calls on Jesus to save them.

There is a song that was written by Anna Waterman in 1920 that is performed by the Gaither Vocal Band. It is called, “Yes, I Know”, and has a wonderful message about the Savior’s saving grace, and how much He loves you. The chorus sums it up with “Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean.”

1.) Come, ye sinners lost and helpless, Jesus’ blood can make you free; for He saved the worst among you, when He saved a wretch like me.

Ref) And I know, Yes I know, Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean. And I know, Yes I know, Jesus’ blood can make the vilest sinner clean.

2.) To the faint, He giveth power; through the mountains makes a way. Findeth water in the desert; turns the night to golden day. (ref)

3.) In temptation He is near thee; holds the powers of hell at bay. Guides you to the path of safety; gives you grace for every day. (ref)

4.) He will keep thee while the ages, roll throughout eternity. Though earth hinders and hell rages; all must work for good to thee. (ref)

There is an urgency that is present today that this age is rapidly coming to a close. Next on the agenda is the 7-year tribulation, which will be the worst time this earth has ever experienced. All the signs are here now, and the changes started taking place within the past decade. Jesus said that when the signs begin to take place, our redemption I near. (Luke 21:28) He called them “birthing pains”.

There is an obvious turning away by many of anything that has to do with the Savior, and even from the Father. People would rather concentrate on what is available here and now, than to consider what will be their eternal destination. Again, the Father is not surprised by any of this.

At the Great White Throne of Revelation 20:11-15, every person there will be told exactly why they are in that line, the opportunities they had to choose a different path that would have led to eternal life with Jesus, and what degree of punishment they will be subjected to forever. Unlike earthly penal institutions, there will be no pardons, no parole, no limited sentences.

God doesn’t send any of us to hell, but will allow us to choose to go there. He would much rather that all would repent and call on Jesus to save them as given in 2 Peter 3:9.

Please take a few moments now to give some serious thought of where you will spend eternity if you were to leave earth right now. Heaven with Jesus, or hell with satan. There are no third options. No one has sinned so great that they cannot be forgiven by the Savior.

Hoping, praying and wishing that we will see you at the Homecoming!

Shalom!

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/getting-past-the-past/

Andy C

Please take a few moments now to give some serious thought of where you will spend eternity if you were to leave earth right now. Heaven with Jesus, or hell with satan. There are no third options. No one has sinned so great that they cannot be forgiven by the Savior.
Surprisingly, yet like many others, it took far too many years for me to finally make the wise choice, to believe in Jesus as my Savior.

I still had time to make my choice, for others, time is not guaranteed, so be wise and make your choice TODAY.

Back