Getting Even Closer To Midnight

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Getting Even Closer To Midnight
By Dennis Huebshman

Just about four years ago, I was able to post a message called “Midnight Cry”. Though I didn’t print out the song that was represented at that time, there were already changes taking place that indicated we were steadily heading toward our last hours here. It doesn’t take a lot of imagination to see the direction this earth is headed, and the changes are becoming even more accelerated almost by the hour. The song and the verses about to be given here are absolutely relevant for the world today. (ESV – all emphasis mine)

In 1986, two brothers, Charles and Greg Day, wrote a song titled “Midnight Cry”. They say their pastor gave a sermon with that title one Sunday morning, and they wrote the song that same afternoon. When they returned for the evening services, the brothers performed the song they had just written, and it was well received. It has since been recorded by various artists, but the first group to release it was Gold City in 1990, featuring Ivan Parker.

1.) I hear the sound, of a mighty rushing wind; and it’s closer now than it’s ever been. I can almost hear the Trumpet, as Gabriel sounds the call; at the Midnight Cry, we’ll be going Home.

Ref.) When Jesus steps out, on a cloud and calls God’s children; the dead in Christ shall rise, to meet Him in the air. And then those that remain, will be quickly changed; at the Midnight Cry, when Jesus comes again.

2.) I look around me, and the prophecies fulfilling; and the signs of the times their appearing everywhere. I can almost hear the Father, as He says ‘Son, go get
My children’. At the Midnight Cry, The bride of Christ shall rise. (ref, plus)

And then those that remain, will be quickly changed; at the Midnight Cry, when Jesus comes again

At the midnight cry, when Jesus comes again; when Jesus comes again!

Matthew 24:36;50; “But concerning that day and hour, no one knows, not even the angels of Heaven, nor the Son, but the Father only. (50) the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect Him, and at an hour he does not know.”

Some would say that because Jesus is God (John 10:30), He would have known when the “Midnight Cry” would take place. What we must remember is that He was totally submissive to the Father’s will, and in order for him to be our perfect sacrifice, He became “fully human” for our sakes. He was able to experience what we go through; “But we see Him who for a little while was made lower than the angels, namely Jesus, crowned with glory and honor because of the suffering of death, so that by the grace of God, He might taste death for everyone.” (Hebrews 2:9)

As a human being for the time He was here, Jesus experienced the world as we do, including being tempted to sin. (Matthew 4:1-11; Mark 1:12-13; Luke 4:1-13) His temptation was even stronger as it was done in person by satan himself; yet our Savior stood firm. Had Jesus sinned even once, His sacrifice at Calvary could not have freed us from our sins.

After the Savior made the statement “It Is Finished!”, in John 19:30, He was indicating that He had fulfilled the Father’s need for a perfect, sinless, blood sacrifice; and as stated in Hebrews 9:12; “He entered once for all, into the Holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves, but by means of His own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.” We tainted humans do not deserve the blood of our Creator being shed for us, but then again, the love of our God goes beyond all human understanding.

In Ephesians 3:19, Paul tells us; “and to know the love of Christ that surpasses knowledge, that you may be filled with the fullness of God.” Going to 2 Peter 3:9; “The Lord is not slow to fulfill His promise, as some would count slowness; but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.”

In the first verses of 2 Peter 3, he tells about scoffers and their claims that God is not really going to come for us soon; if He’s even going to come at all. We see this all over our world today.

What I see is a loving Father that is giving all of us the chance to repent, have faith that Jesus paid the full price for our sins, and that all who truly call on Him will be saved. I know for myself, that if the “Rapture” had taken place about 40 years ago, I would be one of those who would’ve been left behind to face the terrible 7-year tribulation.

As is, I firmly believe in God’s promise in Romans 10:9-13 about the steps to Salvation. God cannot and will not lie as given in Titus 1:2. Besides, as our Creator, why would He have a need to? He could very well have been tyrannical, and made absolute slaves of us all from the very beginning, to serve Him in any manner He wished.

However, we have John 3:16-18 telling us how much He loves us. Our responsibility is to receive the “gift” that Jesus gave for us, and accept that it is the only way to eternal life with Him. John 14:6 plainly states that no one is able to come to the Father without Him. That’s also found in 1 John 5:12 and Acts 4:12, as well as numerous other examples in the Bible.

The song “Midnight Cry” is absolutely about the event of 1 Thessalonians 4:13-17 and 1 Corinthians 15:51-53 called the Rapture. The idea is, we need to know that we have no idea exactly when the day or hour is, and we need to prepare ourselves in the event it may take place even today.

I have actually heard someone say in the past that they would wait until the Trumpet of God sounds and the shout comes from the archangel to call out to be saved. To clarify why this is impossible, 1 Corinthians 15:52 plainly states “in the twinkling of an eye”. That term, according to scientific experts, is the amount of time it takes for light to enter the eye, and then hit the optic nerve. That’s considerably less than 1,000th of a second.

This is not something to take lightly, as our Jesus took His love for us very seriously. Consider that this could be the day the Harpazo, “taking up” or what’s commonly called the Rapture takes place. Before you can even take a breath, it will be over. Would it not be better to already have Jesus in your heart as your Savior, and the Holy Spirit within you?

This is completely your choice; God will force no one to receive and accept His Son. However, to know your only other option, please read Revelation 20:11-15. That will be for all who rejected God’s wonderful gift to us before they left this earth. There are no third options, and for all the false prophet’s words, the Bible is still the absolute authority.

Consider carefully, and I hope to see you with us at the feet of Jesus when the call for His flock comes. It’s definitely getting very close considering Jesus’ statement of Luke 21:28 that said when these things “begin” to happen, He is soon to come. The “beginning” was about 10 or so years ago, so at this time, we’re on borrowed time. God’s timing is definitely different from ours, but remember, when Jesus said “soon”, He was in human form dealing with our concept of time.

Satan would love for you to put off calling on the Gentle Shepherd, as it is one of his greatest lies. Just as when he asked Eve “did God really say?”. It will still be possible for people to be saved during the tribulation, but the cost will be very high. To avoid that time would be the most logical choice ever.

The Midnight Cry is coming soon, and our “Bridegroom” will be coming to take His “Bride” home to a place prepared especially for us. It would be our great advantage to be ready to go with Him when He calls. Today would not be too soon!

Shalom! Maranatha! Peace and Come Lord Jesus

[email protected]

Back