Get Ready to Stink for Climate Change

madcat

I remember when the agitators in the washing machines use to really agitate the clothes. Now it just goes back and forth a little and the clothes are in the same place as when you put them in.
And now most new machines don’t have an actual agitator, just a kind of vortex around the sides ! And shockola- when I was little my mom had a tub to wash clothes in, with a hand cranked wringer. Then we shook them out and hung them on a line to dry in the back yard. Yes, I am THAT old.

Momma D

After doing a quick search on how much powdered detergent to use in my HE-piece-of-junk, it's no wonder I'm so jaded when it comes to getting advice on the internet. One appliance repair site said to use 2T, another said 4T, and two appliance repair insurance websites said to use only 1T ~ all for a medium load of laundry. Because of my dh's skin sensitivity, the only detergent I can use is Tide, and their website said to fill the plastic cup that comes with it to "line 2," which is a little less than 1/2 cup for a medium load and "line 4" for a large load. Now I don't know how much to use. :twitch I'd been filling the plastic cup to the 4th line for medium loads and the 5th line for large loads, and obviously that's way too much.
Too much detergent= too many suds, which requires extra rinsing, which means extra water!

I can't afford extra water in CA.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
It true. You can cure stupid. Just when you think the left can’t drop any lower on the IQ scale, they prove that theory wrong. In what period of history has the “climate” NOT changed????? Let’s see, 2 days ago it was 70 degrees here in TN and today upper 40’s. And to think Al Gore was a US V.P.? Pure delusion - pure demonic.
He's just too serial these days LOL

TimeWarpWife

And now most new machines don’t have an actual agitator, just a kind of vortex around the sides ! And shockola- when I was little my mom had a tub to wash clothes in, with a hand cranked wringer. Then we shook them out and hung them on a line to dry in the back yard. Yes, I am THAT old.
So am I, madcat and caligal. I was living with my grandparents at the time and I remember how happy my grandmother was when she finally got an electric washer and dryer for the house.

NewWine2020

“No credible scientific body,” wrote energy and environmental researcher Michael Shellenberger in 2019, “has ever said climate change threatens the collapse of civilization much less the extinction of the human species.” In fact, the whole idea that temperatures are rising to catastrophic levels is based on circular reasoning. But the Biden regime is all in on the climate change myth, and as always, ordinary Americans are the ones who have to pay the price. The latest manifestation of this comes in the form of new regulations for washing machines that make them work less well. Ready to stink to save the planet? You may have no choice.

The Washington Free Beacon reported Monday that Old Joe Biden’s Energy Department “last month proposed new efficiency standards for washing machines that would require new appliances to use considerably less water, all in an effort to ‘confront the global climate crisis.’ Those mandates would force manufacturers to reduce cleaning performance to ensure their machines comply, leading industry giants such as Whirlpool said in public comments on the rule. They’ll also make the appliances more expensive and laundry day a headache—each cycle will take longer, the detergent will cost more, and in the end, the clothes will be less clean, the manufacturers say.” America, welcome to managed decline.

The idea that this is a sacrifice that we all have to make for a green future is preposterous, not only because the planet will not be saved by Americans suffering less efficient washing machines, but because many people are likely to deal with their new, poorly working machines by running the clothes through again. Thus washing clothes will not only take longer because the machines don’t work as well as older machines, but because people will wash their clothes twice. Thus more water will end up being used, and the net benefit to the climate will be less than zero. But all this really isn’t about saving energy anyway.

Read more at: https://www.frontpagemag.com/get-ready-to-stink-for-climate-change/

"Human accelerated Climate change" is nothing but a giant wealth & power transfer scheme being used by the elite to eliminate the middle class.

It's equal; parts sad and pathetic how many people buy into it so readily just because "the tv said so".

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20

I wasn't allowed to use the wringer because I was too young and could have lost a finger(s) or hand(s) :lol

Grandpa cranked the tub and Mom and Grandma put stuff in and out.

Wish I had that old washing machine and wringer now for if Dad's washer breaks and can't be fixed. Mine's inaccessible in storage :frown

GotGrace

“No credible scientific body,” wrote energy and environmental researcher Michael Shellenberger in 2019, “has ever said climate change threatens the collapse of civilization much less the extinction of the human species.” In fact, the whole idea that temperatures are rising to catastrophic levels is based on circular reasoning. But the Biden regime is all in on the climate change myth, and as always, ordinary Americans are the ones who have to pay the price. The latest manifestation of this comes in the form of new regulations for washing machines that make them work less well. Ready to stink to save the planet? You may have no choice.

The Washington Free Beacon reported Monday that Old Joe Biden’s Energy Department “last month proposed new efficiency standards for washing machines that would require new appliances to use considerably less water, all in an effort to ‘confront the global climate crisis.’ Those mandates would force manufacturers to reduce cleaning performance to ensure their machines comply, leading industry giants such as Whirlpool said in public comments on the rule. They’ll also make the appliances more expensive and laundry day a headache—each cycle will take longer, the detergent will cost more, and in the end, the clothes will be less clean, the manufacturers say.” America, welcome to managed decline.

The idea that this is a sacrifice that we all have to make for a green future is preposterous, not only because the planet will not be saved by Americans suffering less efficient washing machines, but because many people are likely to deal with their new, poorly working machines by running the clothes through again. Thus washing clothes will not only take longer because the machines don’t work as well as older machines, but because people will wash their clothes twice. Thus more water will end up being used, and the net benefit to the climate will be less than zero. But all this really isn’t about saving energy anyway.

Read more at: https://www.frontpagemag.com/get-ready-to-stink-for-climate-change/
I’m so tired of politicians messing with everything for climate tinkering. It is really laughable for them to think they can affect the climate one iota. When did they get to thinking they are all powerful. IMHO the good Lord probably sits in the heavens and laughs.

I honk I need to find me a good old wringer machine like my mama used to have. She did laundry once a week. Bedding was bright white when done.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I’m so tired of politicians messing with everything for climate tinkering. It is really laughable for them to think they can affect the climate one iota. When did they get to thinking they are all powerful. IMHO the good Lord probably sits in the heavens and laughs.

I honk I need to find me a good old wringer machine like my mama used to have. She did laundry once a week. Bedding was bright white when done.
Exactly. It really is laughable.
We know the false "climate change" nonsense is
just a false narrative to push for more control and power.
This wicked bunch have no value upon human life , but they care about the well being of the planet.
Hmmm...
Climate change will and has been their driving force to usher in complete control over other peoples lives. Not just in America , but on a global scale.
Unfortunately it has been serving them well , for now that is.
Of course the Lord is quite privy to their evil
machinations and futile attempts to rise above His knowledge and Word.

Psalm 2:4-5
He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh:
the Lord shall have them in derision.
Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath,
and vex them in his sore displeasure.

Carl

Flush me once and flush me twice and flush me once again. I think that a lot of this stuff is so that the Lord will be done with satan.

Back