Get Ready to Stink for Climate Change

Dave123

“No credible scientific body,” wrote energy and environmental researcher Michael Shellenberger in 2019, “has ever said climate change threatens the collapse of civilization much less the extinction of the human species.” In fact, the whole idea that temperatures are rising to catastrophic levels is based on circular reasoning. But the Biden regime is all in on the climate change myth, and as always, ordinary Americans are the ones who have to pay the price. The latest manifestation of this comes in the form of new regulations for washing machines that make them work less well. Ready to stink to save the planet? You may have no choice.

The Washington Free Beacon reported Monday that Old Joe Biden’s Energy Department “last month proposed new efficiency standards for washing machines that would require new appliances to use considerably less water, all in an effort to ‘confront the global climate crisis.’ Those mandates would force manufacturers to reduce cleaning performance to ensure their machines comply, leading industry giants such as Whirlpool said in public comments on the rule. They’ll also make the appliances more expensive and laundry day a headache—each cycle will take longer, the detergent will cost more, and in the end, the clothes will be less clean, the manufacturers say.” America, welcome to managed decline.

The idea that this is a sacrifice that we all have to make for a green future is preposterous, not only because the planet will not be saved by Americans suffering less efficient washing machines, but because many people are likely to deal with their new, poorly working machines by running the clothes through again. Thus washing clothes will not only take longer because the machines don’t work as well as older machines, but because people will wash their clothes twice. Thus more water will end up being used, and the net benefit to the climate will be less than zero. But all this really isn’t about saving energy anyway.

Read more at: https://www.frontpagemag.com/get-ready-to-stink-for-climate-change/

madcat

It true. You can cure stupid. Just when you think the left can’t drop any lower on the IQ scale, they prove that theory wrong. In what period of history has the “climate” NOT changed????? Let’s see, 2 days ago it was 70 degrees here in TN and today upper 40’s. And to think Al Gore was a US V.P.? Pure delusion - pure demonic.

TimeWarpWife

Thanks to Obummer, most washers sold for quite a few years now have been HE. The one we currently have doesn't get the clothes clean and leaves lots of stains because it never fills up with enough water, nor are there any visible washing powder suds when it's supposedly "cleaning" the clothes. The first one we had I could take a big pot of water and add to it to get enough water in it to clean, but evidently the green lunatics "fixed" this because when I tried it with this second piece of junk machine, it automatically drains the extra water. :mad: I didn't think these washers could get any worse, but as Madcat suggested, when you're dealing with Demonrats you're dealing with ongoing stupidity. :furious

Last edited:

Carl

My machine broke down. The repair guy said that one of the problems is that the new soaps do not require much soap to do the cleaning job. But the soap manufacturers make the marks almost invisable so people just use the full measure when only need about 1/4. The extra soap clogs the washer so it can't work well.
But I'm sure the new round will rely on impossibility to work. I think it is just getting us used to accepting regulations.
LORD ?? ?? ??

Momma D

Tucker Carlson did a segment a few days ago about the traumatic talk about the climate change chronicles,, beginning since 1969.
It was laughable, since the first chatter was about an inevitable ice age.
When that didn't happen, it turned into global warming, which of course didn't put the Empire State Building under water by a date which has long since passed.
He said what we all know...the agenda is about population control, not concern about the climate. God controls the climate, not man.
I pray for my appliances to last longer than I do...literally!

TimeWarpWife

There are always people that will find the old (the ones that really worked) machines and fix them and resale them. Look for them and get a rebuilt good old machine.
And because they work, they'll probably cost way more than the garbage machines they're making now and in the future. I always say, "God created the climate ~ it's the climate, it changes." This is not rocket science. :doh Btw, I remember back in the 70s when the climate nuts were claiming we were headed for another ice age, but because most people were sane and had common sense, they didn't pay any attention to them. If only there was a majority of sane and common sense people now, what a better world this would be. Sadly, people seem to be getting crazier and dumber, especially when it comes to believing the global elites.

Nemophilist

Thanks to Obummer, most washers sold for quite a few years now have been HE. The one we currently have doesn't get the clothes clean and leaves lots of stains because it never fills up with enough water, nor are there any visible washing powder suds when it's supposedly "cleaning" the clothes. The first one we had I could take a big pot of water and add to it to get enough water in it to clean, but evidently the green lunatics "fixed" this because when I tried it with this second piece of junk machine, it automatically drains the extra water. :mad: I didn't think these washers could get any worse, but as Madcat suggested, when you're dealing with Demonrats you're dealing with ongoing stupidity. :furious
I have one of those too. Hate it. Obama did more to damage this country than just about every other president combined. And it continues to this day with Bribem :mad:

TimeWarpWife

After doing a quick search on how much powdered detergent to use in my HE-piece-of-junk, it's no wonder I'm so jaded when it comes to getting advice on the internet. One appliance repair site said to use 2T, another said 4T, and two appliance repair insurance websites said to use only 1T ~ all for a medium load of laundry. Because of my dh's skin sensitivity, the only detergent I can use is Tide, and their website said to fill the plastic cup that comes with it to "line 2," which is a little less than 1/2 cup for a medium load and "line 4" for a large load. Now I don't know how much to use. :twitch I'd been filling the plastic cup to the 4th line for medium loads and the 5th line for large loads, and obviously that's way too much.

Back