Gentle Healer

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Gentle Healer
By Dennis Huebshman

Psalm 146; “Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord O my soul! (2) I will praise the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being. (3) Put not your trust in princes, in a son of man, in whom there is no Salvation. (4) When his breath departs, he returns to the earth; on that very day, his plans perish. (5) Blessed is he whose help is the God of Jacob, whose hope is the Lord, his God, (6) Who made heaven and earth, the sea and all that is in them, who keeps faith forever; (7) who executes justice for the oppressed, who gives food to the hungry. The Lord sets the prisoners free; (8) the Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The lord lifts up those who are bowed down; the Lord loves the righteous. (9) The Lord watch over the sojourners; He upholds the widow and the fatherless; but the way of the wicked, he brings to ruin. (10) The Lord will reign forever, your God, O Zion, to all generations. Praise the Lord!” (ESV – all emphasis mine)

Matthew 24:10-13; “And then many will fall away and betray one another, and hate one another. (11) And many false prophets will arise and lead many astray. (12) And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold. (13) But the one who endures to the end will be saved.”

In 2 Timothy 3:1-5, Paul echoes what Jesus presented, and even gave more signs that would be here. Then going to 2 Peter 3, the Apostle tells of “scoffers” who will be here in the “last days”, asking where is the promise of Jesus’ coming? They try to say nothing has changed since the beginning.

There are people today who are trying to say this earth is just going through a rough phase, but all will get better. In 2 Thessalonians 2:11-12, Paul says; “Therefore, God sends them a strong delusion, so that they may believe what is false; (12) in order that all may be condemned who did not believe the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.” It appears as if the delusion has already started, even though not in full force as it will be when the antichrist makes his appearance.

We need to understand that no matter what false prophets and antichrists try to tell us, God knows the heart and mind of every living soul on this planet. He knows who has rejected Him and His Son; and He knows who has received and accepted the gift that our Savior gave for us.

Further, God provides for all to repent and call out to be saved; if they will do so. (Romans 10:9-13) The only unforgiveable sin is for someone to pass from this earth without Jesus as their Savior. During the 7-year reign of the ultimate antichrist, to take his “mark of loyalty”, will also be unforgiveable as given in Revelation 14:9-11.

Some may try to say that our Heavenly Father is unreasonable, and no one could possibly live up to His standard. There is some truth in that statement, as no human could ever be “perfect enough” for the Father to accept us on our own accord. However, the only “human” to have lived a life that was totally sin-free, allowed Himself to be sacrificed in our stead (John 10:18), and all who have received and accepted His free gift will have passed from eternal death into eternal life in the eyes of the Father. When we have Jesus, the Father sees His son in us.

We are totally imperfect, and will not be sin-free until we are finally Home. There, we will have a place prepared for us by the Savior Himself as given in John 14:1-3. We will have forever immortal imperishable bodies, and a mindset that will be immune to sin just as is with our Jesus. In the meantime, we have 1 John 1:8-10 as our pathway to forgiveness, which the Father will honor.

Though there were times that Jesus demonstrated an intolerance to outright sin, such as the non-scriptural life styles of many of the religious leaders, and those who were using His Father’s House as a market place rather than a house of worship, He still loved every person for their immortal soul. (Matthew 21:12)

But, overall, or Jesus had compassion for the poor, the sick, the lame and those who had other handicaps. He performed miracle after miracle for those who would hear Him. He provided hope for all who would listen to, and believe in Him. He truly was the “Gentle Healer”.

In 1985, Michael Card, a renowned songwriter and minister for the Lord released a song called “The Gentle Healer”. It’s one among many of his that truly inspires me, and it’s a privilege to share it here.

1.) The Gentle Healer came into our town today; He touched the blind eyes, and the darkness left to stay. More than the blindness, He took their sins away. The Gentle Healer came into our town today.

2.) The Gentle Healer came into our town today; He spoke one word that was all He had to say. The one who had died just rose up straight away. The Gentle Healer came into our town today

3.) Oh, He seems like just an ordinary man; with dirty feet and rough but gentle hands. The words He says are hard to understand, and yet, He seems like just an ordinary man.

4.) The Gentle Healer, He left our town today; I just looked around and found He’d gone away. Some folks from town had followed Him, they say; that the Gentle Healer is the Truth, the Life, The way.” (John 14:6)

The very last line is from my “life verse”, John 14:6; “Jesus said to him, I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no one comes to the Father except through Me.” This is a very plain straightforward statement, and because Jesus is God (John 10:30), He cannot lie (Titus 1:2)

There are those today who say they can never be forgiven for all that they have done. This is saying that the blood that was shed by our Savior wasn’t “pure enough”; and that is a complete insult to our Jesus. Romans 10:13 states; “All who call on the name of the Lord will be saved.” I have told people that if they were not able to be forgiven for what they have done, they would be the first person in the history of this earth that the Blood of Jesus could not reach.

God will force no one to call out and be saved. He is patient, and would love for every soul on this earth to call out. He would forgive all who repent and provide a place in Heaven for them forever. (2 Peter 3:9)

The choice is completely up to each and every individual. No one can make this choice for us as it’s a personal act between us and the Creator and His Son. Once a person has called out, Jesus will send the Holy Spirit to dwell within us until we leave this earth. Those who refuse to receive and accept Jesus will end up at the Great White Throne Judgment and then end up in the lake of fire with satan and all his demons forever. (Revelation 20:11-15)

Our Lord could be calling all true believers up to meet Him in the air at any moment now. To hesitate could be the greatest mistake anyone could ever make here. Our Father promised that all of the Shepherd’s flock would be kept from the coming wrath, and with all the signs present, and the intensity that evil is gaining ground, we are right at the Luke 21:28 stage. Jesus said when the signs are all here, as they are today, we should be looking up for He will be coming soon.

Hope you are ready.

[email protected]

https://www.raptureforums.com/dennis-huebshman/gentle-healer/

Back