Gay/ homosexual

lamonte

There are people all around us who are always justifying their lifestyle, “Look, the world is the same as it’s always been. From the time of our fathers until now, nothing has changed.” These people are really acting like those in the days of Noah if you think about it. In the days of Noah, there were very few people who prepared themselves for something major and unexpected to happen. What did the rest of them do? Jesus told His disciples,

“But as the days of Noah were, so also will be the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.” (Matt 24:37-39)

The people didn't want to hear what Noah had to say. They didn't want to listen to the warnings that God was giving through Noah. Those unbelievers, like unbelievers today, were saying that everything is just fine, just love, love, love. Why do you think they were saying that? To put people to sleep and steal their hope. The hope of the coming of Jesus is the most important thing that a believer can hold on to today, and it’s the number one blessing that Satan wants to steal from us. Whether it’s people who are close to us or those you listen to from a distance, the enemy will always bring those unbelievers to mock us, saying, just love, love, love.

One of the differences between an unbeliever and a follower of Christ is a believer does not justify his sins or his Life style. One thing he realizes is that he’s dead in Adam and made alive through Christ.

Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death? 25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.

When I share the Gospel, I want to tell them the truth, just like Noah did in his day. Judgment is coming I beg you get on the ark so you can be saved. Today it would be Judgment is coming because all mankind has SIN through Adam. “They must see they are a sinner to see there need”. Then I would share with them the salvation they can have through Christ.

Before I do this I share my testimony with kindness and humbleness and a soft tongue.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
They were raised by Christians and in the church. ‍♀️ I don’t know where we went wrong but it breaks my heart!

:hug

Awww, sweet Mochamel :hug , you have been faithful in your part as a parent (as the proverbs passage indicates) and that's what God sees. You can't do more than this. God's job is to take care of their salvation and deal with their hearts. Pray for them, love them and trust the Lord that He can handle this, giving guidance for you and them. :hug

Remember, God is bigger than this, rest in Him in faith, their story is still unfolding. :hug

Direct your children onto the right path,
and when they are older, they will not leave it.

Proverbs 22:6

And, as you think of it, let this be a prayer point for others in the body of Christ who also are suffering in the same way, for you know what they are going through. :)

:pray

cheeky200386

I have two daughters both came out as gay 5 yrs ago for one and 3 yrs ago for the other. They were raised by Christians and in the church. ‍♀️ I don’t know where we went wrong but it breaks my heart! They gave rejected God too when they came out!
That sounds heartbreaking. I don't want to be insensitive or rude in pointing this out but I believe I read there was a lot of emotion issues in your marriage and what seemed to be emotional boundary violations within your home. I'm not saying this to chastise you in any way. I just know kids that come out at gay usually have some sort of emotional pain, abuse, or trauma in their upbringing. I know you've been sharing some deep pains in your troubled marriage and unhealthy emotional disclosures with your daughters.

I wonder how much of this could have played a role. I just say this because it always seems like parents are bewildered when their children come out hating God, and can't bear the thought that somehow they may have contributed to the spiritual lack in the home. It gives the impression like there's not much a parent can do to shape their kids because it's like the draw of a hat. Yet, when one digs deeper, you find there were many areas the parents failed their children, often without meaning to. I'm very sorry if this is offensive. I just want to draw attention to what isn't often said and what I've noticed in your other posts.

I know I'm going to get hate for this comment. No parent wants to hear or admit this. I truly mean this, I will pray for them and I believe you tried your best. Thankfully prayer is powerful and it's not too late. Just like we've all sinned and messed up, God can redeem us as we walk with him. His mercies are new every day.

It's a good reminder for me to keep this in mind as I raise my son. That it goes beyond just going to church and reading the Bible every day. I must walk in the Spirit and be vigilant of Satan's subtle attacks and the temptations of my flesh. God bless you and your children.

Andy C

It's a good reminder for me to keep this in mind as I raise my son. That it goes beyond just going to church and reading the Bible every day. I must walk in the Spirit and be vigilant of Satan's subtle attacks and the temptations of my flesh. God bless you and your children.
Not to be insensitvie or change the focus of this thread, but how will you handle it when your son is old enough to ask his father why he is not a believer, and could he then choose to believe like his dad?

cheeky200386

Not to be insensitvie or change the focus of this thread, but how will you handle it when your son is old enough to ask his father why he is not a believer, and could he then choose to believe like his dad?
I'm happy you asked this. It's a question I've often thought about. I prayed and read a book on spiritual mismatched marriages. My job as Mike's wife is to submit, obey, and respect him as unto the Lord. If he asks me, I will tell my son that not everyone believes in God even though God loves him very much. That it's something we can pray about. It'll be a great opportunity to teach him about how we all need to choose Jesus for ourselves.

It's funny because since I've prayed about it, I have had so much peace. I truly believe God is working on my husband and I just have this weird inkling that I'll see my husband saved before my son can ask that question. I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but now I can see what everyone else keeps saying that my husband is close. I also think back on Timothy and how his faith was influenced by the faith of his grandmother and mother. These bring me much comfort. I just need to be faithful and obedient to God and he'll take care of my husband and Peter.

To go back to your question, if Peter decides he doesn't want to believe, I will love him and pray just the same. I know my husband's lack of faith would play a role in shaping my son's views. I'm praying that teaching my son apologetics so that he may see the abundance of evidence for our faith, in addition to seeing me faithful in my life will help him.

I've worked with countless ex Christians, some who were Pastor's kids. The number one reason given for them rejecting the Faith was hypocrisy. Their parents would play religious at church but then be Wicked and Wordly at home. It's more common than I think many parents want to admit. That's my biggest fear, so I pray that God would expose my blind spots. Having my trusted Christian friends in addition to this community is such a blessing for accountability. My fear of Peter being abducted in another post, for example, was brought to my attention as a lack of trusting God and I'm so thankful you guys loved me enough to call me out. It's a point of prayer this week for me. If I were to become smothering, I can't then be shocked at the damage it would cause Peter in how he views God. My fear demonstrates my lack of faith, which sends a powerful message. This is how easily we can fail them by not trusting in our Lord but in our own understanding. As you know, parenting is impossible without the Holy Spirit's daily help!

On a quick side note, Mike is telling me he wants to start reading the Bible at night to me. He said he has a desire to finally read it for himself. I'm praying to the Lord that as his Word says, "Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God", that Mike would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as a result. We were just talking about what Bible he would like to use as I love the KJV but have been recommended the NASB that Andy Woods uses. This conversation would NEVER have happened 5 years ago. It's incredible!!!

Thank you so much for praying for him, Andy! I know your prayers and the prayers of everyone else on here are being heard. God is good!

Andy C

I'm happy you asked this. It's a question I've often thought about. I prayed and read a book on spiritual mismatched marriages. My job as Mike's wife is to submit, obey, and respect him as unto the Lord. If he asks me, I will tell my son that not everyone believes in God even though God loves him very much. That it's something we can pray about. It'll be a great opportunity to teach him about how we all need to choose Jesus for ourselves.

It's funny because since I've prayed about it, I have had so much peace. I truly believe God is working on my husband and I just have this weird inkling that I'll see my husband saved before my son can ask that question. I wouldn't have said this a year ago, but now I can see what everyone else keeps saying that my husband is close. I also think back on Timothy and how his faith was influenced by the faith of his grandmother and mother. These bring me much comfort. I just need to be faithful and obedient to God and he'll take care of my husband and Peter.

To go back to your question, if Peter decides he doesn't want to believe, I will love him and pray just the same. I know my husband's lack of faith would play a role in shaping my son's views. I'm praying that teaching my son apologetics so that he may see the abundance of evidence for our faith, in addition to seeing me faithful in my life will help him.

I've worked with countless ex Christians, some who were Pastor's kids. The number one reason given for them rejecting the Faith was hypocrisy. Their parents would play religious at church but then be Wicked and Wordly at home. It's more common than I think many parents want to admit. That's my biggest fear, so I pray that God would expose my blind spots. Having my trusted Christian friends in addition to this community is such a blessing for accountability. My fear of Peter being abducted in another post, for example, was brought to my attention as a lack of trusting God and I'm so thankful you guys loved me enough to call me out. It's a point of prayer this week for me. If I were to become smothering, I can't then be shocked at the damage it would cause Peter in how he views God. My fear demonstrates my lack of faith, which sends a powerful message. This is how easily we can fail them by not trusting in our Lord but in our own understanding. As you know, parenting is impossible without the Holy Spirit's daily help!

On a quick side note, Mike is telling me he wants to start reading the Bible at night to me. He said he has a desire to finally read it for himself. I'm praying to the Lord that as his Word says, "Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God", that Mike would come to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ as a result. We were just talking about what Bible he would like to use as I love the KJV but have been recommended the NASB that Andy Woods uses. This conversation would NEVER have happened 5 years ago. It's incredible!!!

Thank you so much for praying for him, Andy! I know your prayers and the prayers of everyone else on here are being heard. God is good!
Well stated Cheeky, and possibly the most sincere and heartfelt post I have read in a long time.

We all pray for your husband, and that he has the same outcome I had when I married my saved wife, I soon after became saved.

Sorry for the thread derail, but I think your post added to topic of this thread.

cheeky200386

Well stated Cheeky, and possibly the most sincere and heartfelt post I have read in a long time.

We all pray for your husband, and that he has the same outcome I had when I married my saved wife, I soon after became saved.

Sorry for the thread derail, but I think your post added to topic of this thread.
Thank you Andy. I'm thankful my intention came out clearly. As you can tell, I'm a bit wordy lol. God is humbling me and I can see his blessings overflowing in my life and in the life of my brothers and sisters in Christ. My daily Bible reading is helping me see how powerful God is and how foolish I've been in doubting him with my son and my marriage.

God bless you. I'm praying your wife continues to feel stronger each day.

Sorry to the Original Poster!! :threadjack

Matthew6:33

Withstand in the evil day. Eph 6:13
Good stuff on this thread. All we can do is prayerfully seek God and His will in our lives. Sometimes things don't go as we'd hope.

I believe in these circumstances that God is testing us to see where our hope truly lies. In Him? Ourselves? Our planning/strategy/logic? Our resources? Maybe even in how "good" we are, perhaps thinking God owes us. I have even met some that seek "their faith" through godly rituals and legalism thinking this will help them get blessings from God. Or perhaps that they may miss out on something, or a bad thing will happen because they forgot to recite Psalm 91 or Ephesians 6 that particular day. I ask myself where are they putting their trust?

I am learning (slowly and painfully) to let go more and more of my desires and wants and just accept the circumstance where God has placed me and try to do His will. Easier said than done. But this is the way.

I pray we all pass our tests quickly and move on to even greater experiences with our God. God bless.

Amethyst

Angie ... †
I have known parents who followed closely with the Lord as any sinners really can and taught their kids his ways, but then one of their kids still decides they want to see what the world has to offer and turns away for years
It’s really unexplainable… except that all kids have different personalities and levels of hard heartedness. We are all unique and one kid might be a believer from the get go while their sibling is not :idunno

cheeky200386

I have known parents who followed closely with the Lord as any sinners really can and taught their kids his ways, but then one of their kids still decides they want to see what the world has to offer and turns away for years
It’s really unexplainable… except that all kids have different personalities and levels of hard heartedness. We are all unique and one kid might be a believer from the get go while their sibling is not :idunno
Obviously I don't know those people. All I can say is that we don't ever really know how people are behind closed doors, the same way we don't always know what's in someone's heart, only what they allow us to see.

cheeky200386

May I ask, was this mostly outright opposite behavior of how the bible says a Christian should live as led by the Spirit or as you mentioned....blind spots that a Christian just doesn't see?
A lot of the examples I was given were of pride. The pastor or mother not being able to be rebuked or corrected for problematic behavior and then continuing it. The behaviors ranged from anger problems at home, expecting perfection from the children due to the image of being a pastor's family, not allowing questions to be asked around doctrine (the client was shamed as a child for even doubting or asking), carrying grudges/unforgiveness. Those are some that I can remember off of my head. Oh problems in the marriage is another one, where there is a lot of discord and clearly God is not glorified by how the husband and wife related to one another. I don't know about you but many of these issues can be subtle and thus insidious. Especially how a wife and husband interact. That is a whole other can of worms that is so destructive and an area that Satan subtly causes damage.

This is why I just know it's impossible to live out my faith without the Holy Spirit because our hearts are just so deceptively wicked that we sin sometimes without even realizing. Now I realize the magnitude of how careful I need to be with how I live my life because my son watches EVERYTHING I say and do. I need God's wisdom at EVERY moment to help me walk in his wisdom and to quickly admit my sin and ask for forgiveness when I do sin.

* admin edit*

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Obviously I don't know those people. All I can say is that we don't ever really know how people are behind closed doors, the same way we don't always know what's in someone's heart, only what they allow us to see.
Oh Sorry my response wasn’t directed at you at all, it was just an observation. I do believe all kids need that crucial foundation bc even if they go away for a long time, they usually do come back. God draw them with that early rooted upbringing.

I had the foundation of the gospel always told to me from my moms but my parents didn’t live that “life abundantly” through obedience way. So I had to unlearn a lot of worldliness throughout my 20s despite believing the gospel so young.
I didn’t even know God wanted us to live by scripture until I was around 20.
Only that He wanted us to know prophecy.

Last edited:

Amethyst

Angie ... †
....blind spots that a Christian just doesn't see?
Partly why I also write my post bc some parents will remain so hard on themselevs when their teen goes the prodigal path even though they did “all the right things”
We are all a work in progress and we all have blind spots no matter how sanctified we think we are. Some kids have an obedient disposition toward the Lord and some just don’t.
Thankfully the Lord brought me personally to Him despite any of my parents failings :nod

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
The pastor or mother not being able to be rebuked or corrected for problematic behavior and then continuing it. The behaviors ranged from anger problems at home, expecting perfection from the children due to the image of being a pastor's family, not allowing questions to be asked around doctrine (the client was shamed as a child for even doubting or asking), carrying grudges/unforgiveness. Those are some that I can remember off of my head.

Thanks Cheeky, I have seen some of these things that you are describing and that kind of behavior/expectations can be a real spiritual impediment for kids (although, praise God it is His work that begets a new creation in Christ). You are right, a believer in Christ really needs to depend on God, Holy Spirit constantly for daily help to reflect Christlike love.

Partly why I also write my post bc some parents will remain so hard on themselevs when their teen goes the prodigal path even though they did “all the right things”
We are all a work in progress and we all have blind spots no matter how sanctified we think we are. Some kids have an obedient disposition toward the Lord and some just don’t.

This is true too. :sad.

There have been situations where the world has led people astray or circumstances beyond a parents control has also come into play....such as family/acquaintances abusing unbeknownst to parents. And as you alluded Amethyst, each soul is responsible for their own personal decisions in response to the Lord.

But in it all, God can work and redeem despite these difficulties, of which I've also seen....especially with humble, repentant hearts, coming to God for His help.

I'm grateful for how God graciously pursues all people for His salvation and their healing, despite difficult pasts or resistant hearts.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Just a friendly reminder of the forums rules. Please do not promote books, DVDS, videos, etc. on the forums.

https://www.raptureforums.com/forums/threads/board-rules-and-guidelines-for-posting.188752/

[35] Please do not promote books, DVD, movies, etc. that are for commercial purposes. This is not a bookstore and we do not endorse making the forums a marketplace. No links to Amazon, B&N, etc. to purchase things. We can not and will not be a marketplace. Remember how Jesus felt about people turning his Father's house into a marketplace.