Gas prices in your area?

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Gas prices haven't budged in awhile here. I'm playing chicken, hoping the price will come down a little this week since after the holiday weekend.
Since starting going to the other church, I'm using about an extra gallon a week because much farther away [sigh] Mass transit is doable if need be, but would take about an hour and a half, including the walking.

:pray :pray :amen :amen

TimeWarpWife

Filled up at Costco yesterday, regular unleaded down to $4.69 from $4.79 a gallon. I fill up when I've used a quarter of a tank, somehow paying $13 seems less painful at one time than $50+. It used to cost about $30 to fill up my car, looking at that $50+ just makes me sick to think about it.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I think we paid about $5.24 at Shell down the street to fill my car up and a couple of days before it was $4.64 at BJs Warehouse for my wife's car.

The Shell (Circle K) store shuts off the pump at $75.00. don't know why they are doing that. I probably needed another $5.00 worth of gas, but the pump slows down and stops at $75.00 like I had prepaid or something. They have been doing that for a while now. :idunno

Anybody else have that experience?

Andy C

I think we paid about $5.24 at Shell down the street to fill my car up and a couple of days before it was $4.64 at BJs Warehouse for my wife's car.

The Shell (Circle K) store shuts off the pump at $75.00. don't know why they are doing that. I probably needed another $5.00 worth of gas, but the pump slows down and stops at $75.00 like I had prepaid or something. They have been doing that for a while now. :idunno

Anybody else have that experience?
When we were in NC, some stations also cut off at 75 dollars.

Why? From what I researched, credit card companies refuse to reimburse station owners for fraud or disputed charges above the $75 threshold, many pumps limit transactions to $75. That used to be more than enough for a fill-up — but not these days.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Some places do it to prevent people from buying exorbitant amounts of gas so there's enough for everyone. During 911 when prices went up $1 a gallon instantaneously, the truck stop not far from where I lived was limiting purchases to 500 gallons to ensure everyone had fuel. Some of the truckers had to run a separate extra transaction(s) because of extra tank(s) and because of refers.

Some places also do it to prevent ruinous gas run-offs. The station I go to here doesn't have a ridiculously low limit, if it has one at all, as I've seen pumps showing well over $100 :yikes multiple times, and not a round number.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
When we were in NC, some stations also cut off at 75 dollars.

Why? From what I researched, credit card companies refuse to reimburse station owners for fraud or disputed charges above the $75 threshold, many pumps limit transactions to $75. That used to be more than enough for a fill-up — but not these days.

Oh, ok. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for researching that. :)

SkyRider

Shell should drop the “S” from its name. Is anyone thinking of seashells as they watch their tens of dollars clicking by like “sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives”??

And I think that Bad-‘un is close to signing an executive order to change BP from British Petroleum to Blame Putin.