Gas prices in your area?

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Gas prices are about $5.59 in Fairbanks. I'll soon be driving through Canada. Normally the further south I head the lower the prices get, but a quick check indicated they're over $2 Can per liter throughout the north and southwest of the country. I haven't converted that into an equivalent for a US gallon, but it appears to be a little higher than what I'm paying now. Thankfully the US dollar is worth more than it sometimes is against the Canadian Looney right now. I'll be overnighting in Whitehorse, Fort Nelson, and Quesnel before our first night in the lower 48 which will be in the Tacoma area. The hardest part about traveling the ALCAN is you can't pull over and eat fast food for most of the trip. There's long stretches of nothing. Last time I traveled through Canada my oldest son and I were going to Fort Gordon in Georgia about 3 years ago. I brought a loaf of bread and peanut butter and jelly, which is something I don't usually eat, but I thought it would fill my belly for breakfast and lunch. My son initially turned down my offer of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, but by the 2nd or 3rd day he was eating them too. Now my youngest son has told me he doesn't like peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. We'll see how far we get before he starts eating them. He's supposed to come up with an alternative to take along for himself... we'll see...

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My neighbor has a Diesel pickup a Ford Super Duty 6.7 Litre Powerstroke - cost him a whopping $158 to fill it - he is thinking of selling it

A recent truck fillup cost me just under $200. During my trip through Canada I'll likely see it cost a lot more than that for a fillup, depending on how low my tank is. I've got a 48.5 gallon tank and I may carry an extra 20 gallons with me. I should be able to go a little over a 1000 miles between fillups, but will likely fillup at each of the places we stay at night as there aren't many gas stations in between first two or three days of traveling. I plan to note the distance between gas stations that are open because this fall we'll be traveling through Canada again in a Ford Escape that has a range of slightly under 400 miles.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Gas up another dime :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

Glad I filled up yesterday. Been trying to do so more frequently so getting gas before it goes up again.

:pray :pray :amen :amen
We do the same, 1/4 tank is expensive now, Don't want to put 30 gallons in at one time, no long trips across the state this year, no fishing or hunting trips this year with our relatives who are 7 hours away :(

Lastcall

I am currently on an RV trip in Alabama. Filled up with Diesel at $5.33 a gal. We stopped to fill up when our tank was still 2/3rd full because prices are going up every day. It is always eye watering because our tank holds 150 gallons.
What do you get per gallon 8-12 miles on flat ground, no wind?

When I towed my my fifth wheel with my diesel truck, I averaged approx 11 MPG

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Ok guys, I can't help it, I've got to tell a goofy joke.

What happens to someone when filling up their gas tank these days?

The come down with Car Ownervirus..... :drum

I know, I know....... :doh2

More seriously, yeah, this gas issue is not good. It occurred to me the other day that while we are moving out of the corona virus lock downs, we seem to be actually staying in a sort of lock down with the gas issues.

As it's been said in other threads, it seems that God is permissively allowing this and perhaps this difficulty is God, in His mercy, keeping the heat on for those He is calling to Christ. Desperate times brings a desperate desire for hope, may the hope of Jesus reach hearts and minds.

I'm :pray ing for all of us that God provides, gives good gas mileage somehow and the means to pay for it along with other needs affected. That the Lord would be our rock of shelter in this time. :pray

fl2007rn

What do you get per gallon 8-12 miles on flat ground, no wind?

When I towed my my fifth wheel with my diesel truck, I averaged approx 11 MPG
We are getting 8 mpg.o_O We have a 45 ft class A pulling a Jeep. My husband does all the driving a he goes 56 mph. To save money we belong to camping clubs like Passport America, Good Sam, and my husband is also retired military. We don't go out to eat very often either. We really enjoy camping and figure it would cost more to drive in a car, hotels, and eating out every meal.

We had planned to go out west when my husband retires in a few years but I suppose Biden and his gas prices ruined that for us. :calvin

Lastcall

We are getting 8 mpg.o_O We have a 45 ft class A pulling a Jeep. My husband does all the driving a he goes 56 mph. To save money we belong to camping clubs like Passport America, Good Sam, and my husband is also retired military. We don't go out to eat very often either. We really enjoy camping and figure it would cost more to drive in a car, hotels, and eating out every meal.

We had planned to go out west when my husband retires in a few years but I suppose Biden and his gas prices ruined that for us. :calvin
45 feet….:woah. Great to “camp” in, probably not so fun maneuvering around some camp grounds and city streets. Combined length of your Class A and towed vehicle is barely legal in most states that have a 60 foot limit, without having a commercial license. We will buy one within a few years, but I want to keep it under 35 feet for more access to all state parks.

Have fun “glamping”…:biggrin