Gardening in Heaven- A thought & question

Rez63

I took a walk on Sunday around the California State Capitol park on Sunday. They have every tree that is native to California planted there.
They also have a large rose garden, which is in bloom right now. It was BEAUTIFUL! ! The beauty of the flowers and the perfumed air was awesome! I just stood there and Praised God for His wonderful creation! The trees were just spectacular! Wonderful day with the Lord.
And I got to thinking. If Creation is this beautiful now, and its under the Curse, what will it be like during the Millennium? And after? Wow! I can't wait!!

Now, I'm an avid gardener. But my life situation now keeps me from doing any kind of gardening.

My question(s) is this. We know that there are tree's in Heaven. Rev22:2. And that the curse will be lifted from the earth when its all said and done. So what will gardening be like then?

We know gardening now is based on a death/ decay -life cycle. But what will it be like then? Composting? Thats decay. Seeds? Must die to bring life.
Thoughts? speculations?

pixelpusher

Very interesting question, and the thread caught my eye, because with the cards life is dealing me at the moment, lol, I would really, really, really enjoy just digging in the dirt not having to worry about anything but growing pretty things for about a thousand years about now!

My thought is that men and beasts are somewhat different than plants, we have the "breath of life", and the life is in the blood. So if plants cycle, is it really death in the same sense? Hmmm

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Huh I don't know. But I hope the trees and flowers are alive and speak the way they are in the Narnia books. And of course they'll be a thousand times more beautiful like everything else. :D

Which make me think that small cats are so cute now and big cats so gorgeous and magnificent they're going to be completely irresistible in Heaven; so I’ll be a crazy cat lady there. If you come to my house be careful not to tread on the big cats tails. :p

Kem

Citizen
I LOVE growing flowers, shrubs and trees. Just can't imagine a heaven without those things so yes, I think we will get to have amazing gardens in heaven or perhaps here on earth during the thousand year reign and after.

Círeth

Purry, roary, one.
Very interesting question, and the thread caught my eye, because with the cards life is dealing me at the moment, lol, I would really, really, really enjoy just digging in the dirt not having to worry about anything but growing pretty things for about a thousand years about now!

My thought is that men and beasts are somewhat different than plants, we have the "breath of life", and the life is in the blood. So if plants cycle, is it really death in the same sense? Hmmm
Excellent point. For plants it's more a metamorphosis than dying.

Rez63

Very good point, pixelpusher! I have never thought of it that way before.

Rez63

Huh I don't know. But I hope the trees and flowers are alive and speak the way they are in the Narnia books. And of course they'll be a thousand times more beautiful like everything else. :D

Which make me think that small cats are so cute now and big cats so gorgeous and magnificent they're going to be completely irresistible in Heaven; so I’ll be a crazy cat lady there. If you come to my house be careful not to tread on the big cats tails. :p
Talking trees and flowers!! How wonderful!! Maybe animals too? Reminds me of the old Dr. Dolittle movie!!
There is a talking donkey in the OT, so... and we do get horses!!!

Rez63

I LOVE growing flowers, shrubs and trees. Just can't imagine a heaven without those things so yes, I think we will get to have amazing gardens in heaven or perhaps here on earth during the thousand year reign and after.
Im with you Kem! I absolutely LOVE growing things!
One of my favorite verses is Gen 2:8. "The Lord God PLANTED a GARDEN eastward in Eden...." Even God likes to Garden!!

pixelpusher

Occurs to me that working by the sweat of our brow is actually part of the curse, is it not? Before, the earth produced greenery, then God planted a garden and set man to watch over it, with rights to eat of the fruit it produced, then, when he ate the forbidden fruit, God cursed the ground and made it produce thorns and thistles, and it became laborious to work the ground for bread to be eaten by the "sweat of your brow".

Nonetheless, working is ingrained in us, as is gardening. Perhaps in Heaven, we shall garden without work.

Rez63

On the other hand Adam tended the garden of Eden before sinning and it was not the sweat of his brow but very likely his pleasure.
Thats what I've always thought too. I cant imagine just
" tending " my garden. What's that mean? No more bugs, plant diseases, everything grows pefectly!!
I can see just sitting in the garden, watching things grow, the air perfumed with the glorious smell of flowers, and just worshipping Jesus in my heart!! How wonderful!

Geri7

Talking trees and flowers!! How wonderful!! Maybe animals too? Reminds me of the old Dr. Dolittle movie!!
There is a talking donkey in the OT, so... and we do get horses!!!

I expect all the animals to be talking and we will be able to understand them too. :nod

They will be part of the worship ceremony .... Rev. 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever"

Rez63

I expect all the animals to be talking and we will be able to understand them too. :nod

They will be part of the worship ceremony .... Rev. 5:13 "And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever"
Wow! I never saw it that way before!! That will be awesome! ! Thanks Geri!
Maybe I should re-write the lyrics to " IF I COULD TALK TO THE ANIMALS" , to be " WHEN WE WORSHIP WITH THE ANIMALS"!!
God put the fear of man into the animals after the Flood. I wonder if that included their not being able to speak with us?

Mr Ed?

Geri7

Wow! I never saw it that way before!! That will be awesome! ! Thanks Geri!
Maybe I should re-write the lyrics to " IF I COULD TALK TO THE ANIMALS" , to be " WHEN WE WORSHIP WITH THE ANIMALS"!!
God put the fear of man into the animals after the Flood. I wonder if that included their not being able to speak with us?

Mr Ed?

Also Eve didn't seem afraid of speaking to the snake so there was some sort of communication going on before sin happened. The curse will be lifted in the next life. Praise God.

I also vision when I pick flowers from my garden for the vases in my mansion all the flowers I picked, I expect new ones will suddenly pop up in the empty soil to replace the ones I took. :heh

Rez63

Also Eve didn't seem afraid of speaking to the snake so there was some sort of communication going on before sin happened. The curse will be lifted in the next life. Praise God.

I also vision when I pick flowers from my garden for the vases in my mansion all the flowers I picked, I expect new ones will suddenly pop up in the empty soil to replace the ones I took. :heh
Wow! What a vision!! :mousedance Thats me dancing with joy before my LORD!!!

pixelpusher

I don't know how to type out a horse neighing, or I'd do it.

But yeah. I reckon we will be able to talk to the animals, and probably find out that not only could Mr Ed count, but he could do calculus also, just couldn't hold a pencil.

The verse Geri brought out has been used in a thread on RRBB to show that our pets will indeed be there in Heaven also! Every creature on and under the earth! Now I don't know if that means live ones or ones we have buried, but I have a feeling that eye has not seen, nor ear heard... I think my little beaded lizard I had when I was a kid will be there, and my snakes, and Amy, the Great Dane we had, and Steve Austin (yes, the bionic man) the Beagle, and a bunch of cats.

Rez63

T
I don't know how to type out a horse neighing, or I'd do it.

But yeah. I reckon we will be able to talk to the animals, and probably find out that not only could Mr Ed count, but he could do calculus also, just couldn't hold a pencil.

The verse Geri brought out has been used in a thread on RRBB to show that our pets will indeed be there in Heaven also! Every creature on and under the earth! Now I don't know if that means live ones or ones we have buried, but I have a feeling that eye has not seen, nor ear heard... I think my little beaded lizard I had when I was a kid will be there, and my snakes, and Amy, the Great Dane we had, and Steve Austin (yes, the bionic man) the Beagle, and a bunch of cats.
That is just an AWESOME thought!!
I have heard it said, that this REALITY that we exist in is a
" reflection " of the TRUE one that is Heaven. If thats true then we are just living in the shadow! How much more glorious are YOU than just your shadow?

Im packed and ready to go!!!!