Gap after Rapture & before Tribulation - Your thoughts?

townerka

No one knows for sure. It's all speculation. The Seven year tribulation is defined in scripture and we know it'll run seven years. Jesus returns at the end or right after that period. I don't know the exact date and no one ones it for sure except the Father.

According to some scholars, Jesus's first coming fulfilled three Jewish holidays in the Spring. Pentecost (festival of weeks) is after these holidays and is the "interruption" between the spring and fall festivals. Pentecost was the day the Church was born. There is some extra-bibicial from Jewish traditions that suggests Enoch was born and taken on the day we know as Pentecost (again not scripture).

If Christ's first coming fulfilled these three spring festivals, there's a good chance His second coming will fulfill the fall festivals. What's extremely interesting to me, is that if we assume Christ will indeed return in the fall timeframe, the AC would have to confirm the covenant some seven years before that (Daniel 9:24-27). Since we KNOW that the treaty is seven years long. If the AC signs this covenant in the fall period (September-October), the 3 1/2 period where the AC defiles the temple (Matthew 24) would put in right around Passover.

Think of it, the newly rebuilt temple is going to have one of it's first sacrifices on Passover in two millennial (the world would be watching), instead of allowing it to happen he stops it and demands the worship himself. Many people would see this and the Jews would realize he isn't their Messiah.

Since we know the rapture is imminent and has no requirements except a specific number (Romans 11:25), I lean that they'll be a gap (probably small one) between the Church being taken and the AC confirming the covenant. Since there's good evidence that this confirming the covenant might happen in the fall, I would say that weighs against the rapture happening then.

I wanted to add another note to my comments. If the abomination of desolation happens on Passover, this day is not in the winter and not on the Sabbath. As Jesus said we should pray for:

But pray that your flight will not be in the winter, or on a Sabbath.

Wings Like Eagles

Pentecost lined up with a Christian event

Well, I suspect they are well-prepared for the mass disappearance. Demons have been channeling messages for decades about how the UFO's will be coming to do this very thing.
Interestingly, the whole Roswell, N.M. and UFO craze hit at almost precisely the moment that Israel was reborn as a nation. Coincidence? Probably not.

RobinMc

I don't think there is a certain number, but more of a certain time, when God cannot tolerate what's going on here on earth any longer, and calls us home and finishes the job. But God knows everything, so he knows the number, he knows who will come to Him, and when that date is.
I never worry about things like this, because I know God has it taken care of, and I couldn't help him out if I wanted to.

Wings Like Eagles

I don't think there is a certain number, but more of a certain time, when God cannot tolerate what's going on here on earth any longer, and calls us home and finishes the job. But God knows everything, so he knows the number, he knows who will come to Him, and when that date is.
I never worry about things like this, because I know God has it taken care of, and I couldn't help him out if I wanted to.
Just as Galatians 4:4-5 tells us that: "But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth His Son, made of a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons." so it will be that He sends forth His Son to gather His Bride.

We were all born under the law. Even though the Apostle Paul was likely speaking of the Law of Moses, it is the law of God which condemns all sinners who are without the cleansing Blood of Christ/Messiah. It will be the basis for judgment at the Last Judgment. May we redouble our efforts to preach the gospel. The time may be very short.

Last edited:

Wings Like Eagles

It's the idea that there are only so many people that can be saved before the Rapture that I disagree with.

Reading about how Heaven rejoices over every repentant sinner, I don't believe there is a point where the Father says, "OK, we've found enough lost sheep, let's close the door now." If every person on earth repented, there would be none that he would turn away.

So I don't think there's a point where Heaven's citizenship reaches a certain number and then they string across the velvet rope because they're at capacity. I believe for the same reasons that God brought the Flood and destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, that is the trigger for when and how the Tribulation is finally brought upon the earth.
There's also the conditions before the Flood to consider. At a certain point, when the Ark was ready and filled, God Himself, shut them in the Ark and it began to storm. He set out a time decree beforehand--that of 120 years. I think God sets time limits on His decrees because, what good is a prophecy if it is not fulfilled to the day? There is a great deal of difference in saying, "Well, everyone dies, at some point." and saying, "That person will die on this specific day, and will die in this specific manner." It seems that the purpose of prophecy--especially, its exact fulfillment--is to point to the omniscience of the Originator of the prophecy.

mattfivefour

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know the answer to the OP question. Could be a gap. Or not. I prefer not to speculate where Scripture is silent or unclear. The one thing I DO know on the topic is I do NOT want to be here after the Rapture. And --solely because of Jesus Christ alone and what He did at Calvary-- I won't be. Hallelujah!!! \o/ \o/ \o/

Andy C

I don't know the answer to the OP question. Could be a gap. Or not. I prefer not to speculate where Scripture is silent or unclear. The one thing I DO know on the topic is I do NOT want to be here after the Rapture. And --solely because of Jesus Christ alone and what He did at Calvary-- I won't be. Hallelujah!!! \o/ \o/ \o/
Yes! We wont be here to find out if there is a gap…:whisper there really is one

victory87

I'd say that a lot of the timing surrounding the gap is contingent on how long it takes for Babylon to be re-established or rebuilt. I like Dr. Andy Woods teaching on this. I agree with him and am a very staunch proponent of the new Babylon is and has to be sitting in and around the old Babylon.

It may be rebuilt this year, the next, right after the rapture...who knows? But it has to be there to be wiped out in an hour, or like a millstone sinking into the sea.
I could be mistaken, but I thought there were verses in the bible stating Babylon will never be re-built. Isaiah 13:19-20 and Jeremiah 51:37. Any thoughts?

victory87

I have been coming to that conclusion also. There are a few things catching my attention. The rise of the alien narrative. This would be a great explanation for our disappearance. Also a reason to bid us farewell because we have such a narrow view of the universe. And my personal opinion is that will be demonic entities. They will be received readily. And the population is being groomed for this through media and Hollywood.
I have thought the same thing! We certainly have been conditioned to the space brother narrative. Where have all the Christians gone? They are being reconditioned to hopefully be integrated back into our fold. I believe it is demonic!

Hiftobaf

I could be mistaken, but I thought there were verses in the bible stating Babylon will never be re-built. Isaiah 13:19-20 and Jeremiah 51:37. Any thoughts?

Isaiah 13 is about the violent destruction of Babylon. This never happened. Cyrus captured the city largely intact, and it existed for several centuries before gradually declining. Jeremiah 51 is a similar idea.

Zechariah 5 is commonly thought to involve Babylon being rebuilt at some future point.

Rocky Rivera

Of course there will be a gap between the Rapture and the start of the Tribulation (signing of the 7-year peace treaty between Israel and some nations). Before anyone could care about news as major as that, they will need time to sort through and clear out the gridlock and chaos that will follow the wake of the rapture. It will give great reason for the world to need some kind of "superman" who will help them make sense of what just happened, restore order, and possibly redistribute the goods of those left behind. Between the Rapture and the first Seal Judgment, maybe five months? But we'll watch this all unfold from the safe vantage point of Heaven. Grab a bowl of fruits picked from the tree of life and we'll watch this show together.

athenasius

Isaiah 13 is about the violent destruction of Babylon. This never happened. Cyrus captured the city largely intact, and it existed for several centuries before gradually declining. Jeremiah 51 is a similar idea.

Zechariah 5 is commonly thought to involve Babylon being rebuilt at some future point.
You are absolutely right!

Isaiah 13 verse 20
She will never be inhabited
or lived in through all generations;
there no nomads will pitch their tents,
there no shepherds will rest their flocks
and
Jeremiah 51:26 says this
No rock will be taken from you for a cornerstone,
nor any stone for a foundation,
for you will be desolate forever,”
declares the Lord.

But as Andy Woods has pointed out in making the case for a rebuilt Babylon, there are plenty of pictures of the Arabs pitching their tents and resting flocks in the ruins. AND the rocks and ruins were used to build the nearby towns. So this is YET to be fulfilled in BOTH Isaiah 13 and Jeremiah 51.

Jeremiah 51 vs 8 for example talks about a SUDDEN fall. Like Damascus in other prophetic scriptures, this is NOT describing a slow decline over the centuries that occurred in the past with Babylon.

AND Jeremiah and Isaiah 13:17 BOTH point to the Medes (modern day KURDS) who rise up as God's appointed warriors to oppose this Babylon of the future.

If that isn't enough there are the references to the Day of the Lord In Isaiah 13 v 6, 9 and 13

So that logically means that if these 2 prophets, Isaiah and Jeremiah are referring to the same event and by the similarities of each passage that looks like they are, that they both must occur in the time frame of "the Day of the Lord" since Isaiah positively three times states this. (In the OT prophets means the Tribulation or Jacobs Trouble.)

Zechariah 5:5-11 is an amazing passage because it states that this woman called Wickedness is returned to the land of her origin. Shinar. Where it all began. Nimrod, The Tower of Babel, where the city that became the centre of the Babylonian empire took it's origin. Shinar. Where God called Abraham out of.

Where she-- this thing of Wickedness will in future have a house built for her, her own spot. Her home base. It awaits a time in the future. When this vision occurred, Babylon still existed. This was referring to some time in the future when it's house would be rebuilt.

The NIV here says this:

5 Then the angel who was speaking to me came forward and said to me, “Look up and see what is appearing.”

6 I asked, “What is it?”

He replied, “It is a basket.” And he added, “This is the iniquity of the people throughout the land.

7 Then the cover of lead was raised, and there in the basket sat a woman! 8 He said, “This is wickedness,” and he pushed her back into the basket and pushed its lead cover down on it.

9 Then I looked up—and there before me were two women, with the wind in their wings! They had wings like those of a stork, and they lifted up the basket between heaven and earth.

10 “Where are they taking the basket?” I asked the angel who was speaking to me.

11 He replied, “To the country of Babylonia to build a house for it. When the house is ready, the basket will be set there in its place.”

Notice that this wicked female is brought back to the land of Shinar (in the original Hebrew, the country of Babylonia is the land of Shinar which is how other versions of the text render it.)

Verse 11 is super important. this is how my eSword has it, in the KJV with the Strongs numbers for the words used.

Zec 5:11 And he said  H559  unto  H413  me, To build  H1129  it an house  H1004  in the land  H776  of Shinar:  H8152  and it shall be established,  H3559  and set  H5117  there  H8033  upon  H5921  her own base.  H4369 

and the New American Standard version currently says this:
11 Then he said to me, “To build a temple for her in the land of Shinar; and when it is prepared, she will be set there on her own pedestal.”