Gap after Rapture & before Tribulation - Your thoughts?

BlessedAssurance

I've been doing some heavy research and reading since joining this forum. There are so many great topics to look through! I've noticed a few posts discussing the idea of a gap of time after the Rapture and before the 7 year Tribulation takes place. This is something I have never heard taught before, so I would be interested in hearing more discussion. (Unfortunately my search here did not pull up many results, due to the word "gap" being too short to use as a search term.)

I've always been under the assumption that once the Church (also referred as the "restrainer") is removed, the AC shows up and then the 7 years begin. (To be clear I'm not saying "immediately" - as in the same hour or day - but fairly soon after.) My reason for thinking this is that the world will be thrown into utter chaos after the disappearance of millions. It would seem to me that this man would step up, take charge, and implement his plan as soon as possible.

However, now I'm not sure what to think because if the Rapture is "imminent" and could happen at any time, then that means it is not dependent upon any particular event coming to pass before it happens. Since there are certain world events that must still happen (or at least be ready to fall into place) before the Tribulation starts though, could it make sense that there is a gap of time in between? How long do you think that could be?

I would love to hear some healthy debate on this topic. What are your reasons to believe there could be a gap or not? Please note that it's always important for us to research what the Bible says, but sometimes it isn't always clear regarding time frames. Oftentimes a chapter will end with one event, and the next chapter picks up with a new event, but it skips the years of time in between.

I hope this type of topic is allowed, but admins please feel free to delete if it isn't. I just enjoy reading differing viewpoints on things that aren't always 100% clear in the Bible. :thankyou

ByGod'sGrace

under His wings - Psalm 91:4
Love your post!! I've always thought it was a very short time, less than 3 months, between the rapture and what starts the Tribulation (the signing of the peace treaty with Israel and the AC).

With the way things are going now in the world, we can see the shadow of the One World Government looming bigger and bigger, so I can see how it could happen quickly after the rapture. There have been debates about if the Ezekiel War is before or after the rapture (I lean towards after the rapture).

MePlus6

I used to be a No-Gapper. Then my good friend and Oregonian @Andy C explained it in terms I could understand.

Seems weird that the day millions disappear into the clouds that it would be the day the AC signs the covenant. And the church isn’t here to even know who the AC is, so I think there’s a gap.

JSTyler

I would love to hear some healthy debate on this topic. What are your reasons to believe there could be a gap or not? Please note that it's always important for us to research what the Bible says, but sometimes it isn't always clear regarding time frames. Oftentimes a chapter will end with one event, and the next chapter picks up with a new event, but it skips the years of time in between.
I'd say that a lot of the timing surrounding the gap is contingent on how long it takes for Babylon to be re-established or rebuilt. I like Dr. Andy Woods teaching on this. I agree with him and am a very staunch proponent of the new Babylon is and has to be sitting in and around the old Babylon.

It may be rebuilt this year, the next, right after the rapture...who knows? But it has to be there to be wiped out in an hour, or like a millstone sinking into the sea.

Mallory65

I've been doing some heavy research and reading since joining this forum. There are so many great topics to look through! I've noticed a few posts discussing the idea of a gap of time after the Rapture and before the 7 year Tribulation takes place. This is something I have never heard taught before, so I would be interested in hearing more discussion. (Unfortunately my search here did not pull up many results, due to the word "gap" being too short to use as a search term.)

I've always been under the assumption that once the Church (also referred as the "restrainer") is removed, the AC shows up and then the 7 years begin. (To be clear I'm not saying "immediately" - as in the same hour or day - but fairly soon after.) My reason for thinking this is that the world will be thrown into utter chaos after the disappearance of millions. It would seem to me that this man would step up, take charge, and implement his plan as soon as possible.

However, now I'm not sure what to think because if the Rapture is "imminent" and could happen at any time, then that means it is not dependent upon any particular event coming to pass before it happens. Since there are certain world events that must still happen (or at least be ready to fall into place) before the Tribulation starts though, could it make sense that there is a gap of time in between? How long do you think that could be?

I hope this type of topic is allowed, but admins please feel free to delete if it isn't. I just enjoy reading differing viewpoints on things that aren't always 100% clear in the Bible. :thankyou
I have been coming to that conclusion also. There are a few things catching my attention. The rise of the alien narrative. This would be a great explanation for our disappearance. Also a reason to bid us farewell because we have such a narrow view of the universe. And my personal opinion is that will be demonic entities. They will be received readily. And the population is being groomed for this through media and Hollywood.

Neonap

I think there will be a gap after the rapture, but if it will be a year 5 years or even 10 years is up to debate. I would imagine that if we do not see the Isaiah 17, Ezekiel 38 war etc etc. all take place before the rapture then I would suspect that these prophecies will happen in a fast manner. I noticed that after the Ezekiel 38 war, Israel will be burning weapons and whatnot for 7 years.

And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years: Ezekiel 39:9

The formation of the 10 king empire will take time to set in place though we are probably seeing a foreshadow of this taking place in the very near future(The Great Reset). I personally think there will be at least a decade between the rapture and the Tribulation period. I believe many will come to the Faith at that time and whatnot.

Last edited:

RonJohnSilver

I kind of go back and forth between a short gap and a longer one. On the short side, that is, 2 yrs or less, the restrainer is gone so evil is rampant, Satan won't waste time setting up his kingdom and much of the world's mentality is already set to go global. On the longer side, greater than 2 years, several things can't happen until the rapture, mainly the rise of the AC and the setting up of a world kingdom, maybe the 10 kingdoms, maybe not until later. Still, the organization of the city of Babylon. It won't take a lot I don't think. It doesn't need to be a large 'city' the way we normally think of a city. It doesn't need schools and communities and shopping and parks, etc. It is the seat of a government and if it is only a government function, then it could be relatively small. Still, though, even that would take some time. There might be opposition to the AC and that would need to be eliminated. My own thought is that the Ezekiel War is likely to occur during this interval and that would have to be handled.

And, if the Psalm 83 war is, in fact, an actual conflict, then that has to be settled as well. On that issue, I note that the 'city-states' mentioned in Psalm 83 and all regions now contain the various terrorist groups, Hamas, Hezbollah, Isis and al-Qaeda. Maybe post-rapture, they gang up on Israel and attack, Israel destroys Damascus (Is. 17), the AC, now in power, negotiates a treaty giving Israel security. Israel becomes wealthy (see EastMed natural gas pipeline), Russia and her allies attack to gain wealth (natural gas, oil, minerals), God intervenes and destroys Russia and others, the AC makes the tribulation covenant and the countdown begins. A lot of speculation but the players are in place and the scenario is somewhat plausible. Also, John Walvoord, a respected scholar, puts the interval at 7 years. Not sure how he got that but, I'm leaning more toward a lengthy (greater than 2 yr gap).

Dragontiger777

I used to be a No-Gapper. Then my good friend and Oregonian @Andy C explained it in terms I could understand.

Seems weird that the day millions disappear into the clouds that it would be the day the AC signs the covenant. And the church isn’t here to even know who the AC is, so I think there’s a gap.
the Gap between rapture and A/C announce.....

That where to resolve lead to the A/C takeover control and solve answer problem... that is between GAP time (Rapture and A/C reveal or accounment)

Peace

RobinMc

I think it could be a gap of up to a couple of years. People will go thru some crazy, the economy may collapse, those still living on earth will be getting desperate for 'normal' (just like they are now) then he will step up and seem to make all things better. I do think the AC is probably already alive and waiting in the wings for his time.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The formation of the 10 king empire will take time to set in place though we are probably seeing a foreshadow of this taking place in the very near future(The Great Reset). I personally think there will be at least a decade between the rapture and the Tribulation period. I believe many will come to the Faith at that time and whatnot.

The church could be here for the formation of the global one world govmint empire. We wouldn't be here for the final consolidation when the antichrist wages war to bring conquest to the holdouts, but for most of it... we could be here (hope we're not).

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
It's purely guess work, but I'd expect there to be a fairly short gap... probably not more than a couple of years. Once the church is removed, I just don't see any purpose in God allowing evil extra time, and I expect Satan will be anxious to get his show going...

We have some possible hints, like the fact that Israel will be using weapons of war for fuel following the Eze 38-39 war. But since that war could happen before or after the rapture, we can't definitively come to conclusions regarding the length of a gap. While it is possible that the Rapture could happen just before that peace agreement is signed that's probably unlikely... but still possible... so I do think there will be a gap, but there might not be one...

Neonap

The church could be here for the formation of the global one world govmint empire. We wouldn't be here for the final consolidation when the antichrist wages war to bring conquest to the holdouts, but for most of it... we could be here (hope we're not).

I agree. I think if the World Elite get their way and the direction of the world continues as it is then I would not be surprised if we were all here to see the actual formation of the 10 king world empire form before our very eyes. Though I believe we will face heavy persecution, but the actual fulfilment of this powerful prophecy will be a powerful witnessing tool to bring many people to Jesus Christ.

I personally hope that we are here to actually see it come to pass, because I know that many of our family members and friends will come to faith due to the fact that we told them that this would happen beforehand.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I personally hope that we are here to actually see it come to pass, because I know that many of our family members and friends will come to faith due to the fact that this would happen beforehand.

I talk to family and friends about the coming one world govmint... of course, even a lot of Believers color me crazy, but when it comes to pass, folks are likely to remember the things I told them, along with the gospel message.

Neonap

I talk to family and friends about the coming one world govmint... of course, even a lot of Believers color me crazy, but when it comes to pass, folks are likely to remember the things I told them, along with the gospel message.

Believe you me, once they see it come to pass as God's word had predicted so long ago in the book of Daniel and Revelation, they will not only be mind blown at the total accuracy of the Bible, but be saved as a result. For those of us who are here to witness it all come to pass who are already believers, it would definitely increase our Faith like never before.

If I were to hazard a guess as to how long it will take for this 10 king empire to form, it would take 5-10 years tops if things continue as they are or gets worse.

penbrat

I think it could be a gap of up to a couple of years. People will go thru some crazy, the economy may collapse, those still living on earth will be getting desperate for 'normal' (just like they are now) then he will step up and seem to make all things better. I do think the AC is probably already alive and waiting in the wings for his time.
My thinking is along the same lines

greg64

I think there will almost certainly be a gap of some duration. I tend to think it'll be short (months to a few years). Once the church is removed, I think a lot of things will happen quickly include Ezekiel 38 and an economic crash if they haven't happened already. Pete Garcia has done some interesting writing on this if you want to look it up. Without date setting, I think it's also significant that we're narrowing in on 2,000 years since the Crucifixion and Resurrection. Combine that with world events, the state of technology, the downward trend of society in general and how people and authorities have reacted to covid-19 and I don't see things lingering. I also believe Babylon will be rebuilt, but I don't think it's necessary that be complete by the start of the Tribulation -- it just has to be done by the end.

Coram Deo777

Personally, I think there will be a Gap of time before the Antichrist is revealed which could be very soon after the rapture and a gap of time before the Antichrist confirms the 7 year peace agreement with the Jewish people.

I also think the one world religion will precede the Antichrist coming on the scene. Something is going to bring the world together in harmony. Could be the staged 'alien invasion' to help codify all religions together.

Also the reason why I lean on the gap of time theory is because there will be chaos (sudden destruction) after the rapture of the Church. <<<this thought causes me to reread and rethink 1 Thessalonians 5:3 because the word "sudden" is interesting! Does sudden destruction mean right after the rapture? Does the Bible clearly say it will be right after the rapture? It says "When they are saying "peace and safety sudden destruction will come upon them,,"... When are they going to say peace and safety?

With that said,I don't think the Gap theory will be long~maybe 6 months up to a year is my guess. Also, it hinges on when Isaiah 17 occurs, Psalm 83 and Ezekiel 37-38 war.

Israel has to be living for a period of time safely and securely with unwalled cities-Ezekiel 38:11. How long will that take? If Ezekiel 38 happens soon after the rapture then there has to be a gap of time where Israel is living in peace and security before the antichrist confirms a covenant with them.