Gantz caught off guard by announcement of coalition's end

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Defense Minister says it is "a pity the state has to be dragged to new elections."
Israel National News

Defense Minister Benny Gantz was caught off-guard by the announcement of the dissolution of the coalition by Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and Alternate Prime Minister Yair Lapid. In an initial response in the Knesset, Gantz said: "It is a pity that the state has to be dragged to elections. We will continue to function as a transition government as much as possible. I do not judge the decision."

Bennett and Lapid on Monday evening announced that they will submit a bill to this effect for approval by the Knesset next week. Yair Lapid will become prime minister during the transition period as per the coalition agreement and will greet US President Joe Biden as Israel's premier during his visit to the Jewish State on July 13. Elections for the 25th Knesset will be held in September.

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/355238

athenasius

Defense Minister says it is "a pity the state has to be dragged to new elections."
Israel National News

Defense Minister Benny Gantz was caught off-guard by the announcement of the dissolution of the coalition by Prime Minister Naftali Bennett and Alternate Prime Minister Yair Lapid. In an initial response in the Knesset, Gantz said: "It is a pity that the state has to be dragged to elections. We will continue to function as a transition government as much as possible. I do not judge the decision."

Bennett and Lapid on Monday evening announced that they will submit a bill to this effect for approval by the Knesset next week. Yair Lapid will become prime minister during the transition period as per the coalition agreement and will greet US President Joe Biden as Israel's premier during his visit to the Jewish State on July 13. Elections for the 25th Knesset will be held in September.

more............ https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/355238
If he was really caught off guard, he's the last person that should be in charge of defence!

I knew about it last month when one of the coalition members told her staff to get busy they had a month at most left to get stuff done, after that it would fall apart into elections. One of the rare times I posted a thread instead of just commenting in on them.

But what can you expect from Gantz? He helped form this coalition with the Arab factions of MK's who are dedicated to destroying Israel. In the past he has had his cell phone breached twice, once by Russia, the other time by Iran. NOT the kind of guy you'd put in charge of defence normally, but we are talking the 3 stooges here, him, Bennett and Lapid.

Like the blind leftist he is, he actually thought that Arab MK's who have known ties to the Muslim Brotherhood would change overnight, and work for the good of Israel.

He probably still thinks the Arabs would love Israel if they just gave up more land.