Futuristic flying ‘AirCar’ completes its first ever inter-city flight

Amethyst

Angie ... †

Turning science fiction into reality': Futuristic flying 'AirCar' that can transform from a road vehicle into a plane in under THREE MINUTES completes its first ever inter-city flight, reaching heights of 8,200ft and speeds of 105mph

• AirCar reached 8,200ft as it completed its first ever inter-city flight in Slovakia
  • After landing the vehicle transformed into sports car in less than three minutes
  • Developers say the AirCar would be great for leisure and self-driving journeys
  • No price details have been revealed but it could go on sale in the next 12 months

See the video at the link

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/science...lying-AirCar-completes-inter-city-flight.html

Batman

Tech is sure amazing and opens all of us up to our Jetsons and Back to the Future type fantasies and dreams. The video shows the dude driving the car on regular streets with the wings tucked in. It's pretty cool. I still wonder though how ready and willing governments (especially the USA) are to allow take off and landing on any street at any time.........obviously that's an exaggeration but maybe it's not too far off from what their big challenge will be after the tech is proven reliable, etc.?

Amethyst

Angie ... †
Tech is sure amazing and opens all of us up to our Jetsons and Back to the Future type fantasies and dreams. The video shows the dude driving the car on regular streets with the wings tucked in. It's pretty cool. I still wonder though how ready and willing governments (especially the USA) are to allow take off and landing on any street at any time.........obviously that's an exaggeration but maybe it's not too far off from what their big challenge will be after the tech is proven reliable, etc.?
Good question. :hmmm
I have yet to see any 'celebrities' attempting to use these things. A lot of them have their own private landing strips...like John Travolta and Tom Cruise. I am sure as soon as we see that happening, prices may start to become affordable.
If we weren't in the end times and the world economy about to topple that is. :doh

kathymendel

I laugh. Can you imagine our world with these things..........???
People can't even drive today's cars on the roads safely, nor drive within the laws and rules.
Get enough of these up in the air and they will be crashing into each other and falling to earth.
Then there's the whole matter of people driving/flying them while talking on their phones or texting.
Talk about stupid.
I hope God doesn't allow it to go that far........