Futbol World Cup

Hidden

Canada lost to Belgium, 1-0. Would have been nice if they won. This is their second time to join, the first being in 1986. But they lacked precision and missed many opportunities to make a goal.

There are Japanese fans covering their mouths to mock Germany online. Hilarious.

Hidden

So, um, which team were you rooting for this morning? ;)

I think we both know who our resident Aussie here is rooting for, TT. ;)

Saudi Arabia lost to Poland. :furiousThey have got to really win against Mexico (?) in the next game or they won't make it to the next round. I'd like for Saudi to go far in the WC because I know for a fact that many residents here don't like to see Saudi win although they don't say it out loud. :ahaha

The night of Brazil's win, when I was on the metro on the way home, there were fans I think most are latin and Brazillians and they were cheering inside the metro so loud I thought my ear drums are gonna burst. They were chanting "Messi, ciao, Messi, ciao, Messi ciao, ciao, ciao! They were obviously making fun of Argentina losing to Saudi and the Saudis are particularly brutal at mocking Messi. :ahaha

Hidden

I'd say you're enjoying yourself! Another upset today with Iran besting Wales 2-0. I'd say that doesn't bode well for the USA when they go against Iran.

Yes, I'm having a blast although I was kinda exhausted the last 2 days with all our itinerary that involved lots and lots of walking and few sleep. But the fans are crazy and they would spontaneously burst into chants everywhere. I love the festive atmosphere although the whole thing seems to have a hedonistic feel to it.