From The Lintel To The Cross

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
From The Lintel To The Cross
By Grant Phillips

“Speak to all the congregation of Israel, saying: ‘On the tenth of this month every man shall take for himself a lamb, according to the house of his father, a lamb for a household.” – (Exodus 12:3)

“For I will pass through the land of Egypt on that night, and will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and against all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgment: I am the LORD. ‘Now the blood shall be a sign for you on the houses where you are. And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt.” – (Exodus 12:12-13)

In today’s world there are two spiritual subjects people don’t like to hear about or discuss; one is sin and the other is the blood.

God says concerning sin:

“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,” – (Romans 3:23)

“For the wages of sin is death…” – (Romans 6:23)

He goes on to say in Romans 6:23 concerning the remedy for sin, “but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.”

That brings us to the “blood,” because without the blood of Christ being shed upon the cross for us, there would be no gift of eternal life. God says of the blood:

“And according to the law almost all things are purified with blood, and without shedding of blood there is no remission.” – (Hebrews 9:22)

“But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.” – (1 John 1:7)

No, we’re too sophisticated to talk of such things. We would rather hear messages that stroke our ego such as how to become a better you or about our purpose driven life. Most “sermons” today stroke our ego, pat us on the head and tuck us into bed with a nice warm glass of milk, never addressing the Truth of God’s Word.

Few there be who will accept the warning about the ravages of sin upon their eternal soul and the blood that was poured out for their justification, sanctification and glorification. Millions today are marching headlong toward hell because these two subjects are being avoided, and not just by the one in the pew, but sadly also by the one behind the pulpit.

People today don’t like to admit they are sinners. They take it as an insult. Well, guess what? We are all sinners, says the Word of God.

Everyone needs a Savior, and those who have cried out to Jesus are still sinners in this life but their soul is in His hands and a place is guaranteed for them in Heaven for ever. Yes, we are all sinners, but there are saved sinners clothed in the righteousness of Jesus Christ and there are lost sinners clothed in their own righteousness.

Notice what God says about our righteousness.

“But we are all like an unclean thing, And all our righteousnesses are like filthy rags; We all fade as a leaf, And our iniquities, like the wind, Have taken us away.” – (Isaiah 64:6)

“For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.” – (Matthew 5:20)

If we think for a minute that our righteousness is all we need, that isn’t what God says.

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.” – (Matthew 6:33)

“For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness.” – (Romans 4:3)

“But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:” – (Romans 4:5-6)

The Lord says through Peter, “Nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” – (Acts 4:12)

The Lord could not be any clearer when he says, “Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” – (John 14:6)

Folks, the social club in our churches needs to be disbanded and we need to get back to the Truth of the Gospel; i.e. our sin and His blood. Many of us as Christians need to forsake our lackadaisical ways and get serious about serving our Lord. Many have done so, but many more have not.

God says through the apostle Paul, “For Jews request a sign, and Greeks seek after wisdom; but we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a stumbling block and to the Greeks foolishness, but to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.” – (1 Corinthians 1:22-24)

When the Jews spread the blood on the sides and top of the doorposts (Exodus 12:7), God provided them with a sign…the sign of the cross. Wisdom begs that we today look at the cross of Golgotha and accept that same sign, but wisdom doesn’t stop there. Wisdom takes us to Christ’s resurrection via the empty tomb (Luke 24:5-8) and carries us onward to our Lord ascending to Heaven (Acts 1:11).

John the Baptist identifies Jesus as the Lamb of God (John 1:29). Jesus is the sacrifice, the Lamb, God provided for us. Those who call upon Him are eternally safe in His arms (John 10:25-30)

https://www.raptureforums.com/bible-study/from-the-lintel-to-the-cross/

Jojo4124

Amen!!! God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble. The humble part is hard for the flesh to do!!! But submitting our everything to The One Who made us is LIFE!!! I pray that many come to Jesus n humble themselves before Him n receive His grace n salvation TODAY!!!

Back