Freemasonry

Jonathan

I am not sure if this is the exact forum this should be on, but I figured it was the most likely, but if not, please move it to where it is more appropriate.

Before I even ask my question(s), please, do me a favor and realize I have almost no desire or chance to join the Freemasons. I have heard from many sources I trust that involving myself in the group is a perilous undertaking. So, please, don't tell me to "STAY AWAY!!!" because I have no plan to get near.

I recently began working with a fellow in a volunteer capacity who is a freemason. When he mentioned this, I said, "Interesting! While I don't know too much about it, before my grandfather passed, I think he reached level 32 or something. Honestly, he never would talk about it anyone in his family."

My friend said "Yea, that would be Scottish Rite, which is the highest rank, but you also have to remember that the only thing that makes you a mason and equal to EVERYONE else in the lodge s passing through the first three degrees. Anything beyond that is up to the mason whether or to to pursue." Anyways, I asked him a few more questions and he said, "Honestly, this would be the sort of conversation better had over a beer (we were busy doing our tasked duties at the time).

But, I have done some preliminary research, and one of the things that stands out to me is that, apparently they have two important rules (amongst others):

A) You HAVE to believe in a higher power/God, but it is also forbidden to argue religion while attending a lodge function
B) In the same vein, you DO NOT TALK ABOUT POLITICS while at the lodge.

Which, to me, makes me want my entire extended family to become Masons and my house declared a Lodge. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners would be so much more enjoyable. ;P

But seriously, I am writing for someone to give me a few links that explain what freemasonry is all about in the FAIREST of all possible way. Sometimes commentators go well above and beyond the truth of something in order to dissuade anyone from a danger. Seeing as I have absolutely no intentions of becoming a Mason, if anyone can provide some sound, even-keel links describing Freemasonry and it's problems, I'd appreciate it.

Jonathan

Thanks and it would be nice to be that young again except the days I grew up in were much better than the days are now. It is a shame what the kids are subjected to now with the lgbt/transgender agenda.
I feel you, and most of my extended family (one generation older than me) have basically expressed their belief (even those who aren't Christian) that the future for our children does not look great. They will never know what it was like to live in a more-or-less free society that was more-or-less morale (overall). It's kind of sad really. And it isn't even specifically about the LBGTACBDEF crowd. It is about the beast of politics having such a sway over the population, that too many people can't even think for themselves. A doctor, for example, can take small bit of blood to do a DNA test or simply measure hormone levels, or look at an MRI of your brain, and IMMEDIATELY determine whether you are a man or woman.

Yet, forces in society are demanding that gender is a culture construct when it is NOT, NOT BY ANY MEANS. The science is completely solid, and it isn't the type of science that is speculative, or pseudo science. Seriously. a simple blood test or brain scan, will reveal the truth quickly.

And the fact that we are letting school boards command their teachers to teach what is essentially a lie, is child abuse.

Anyways, going to run. I can't think about this thing to long because other than praying, there is nothing I can really do about it.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I feel you, and most of my extended family (one generation older than me) have basically expressed their belief (even those who aren't Christian) that the future for our children does not look great. They will never know what it was like to live in a more-or-less free society that was more-or-less morale (overall). It's kind of sad really. And it isn't even specifically about the LBGTACBDEF crowd. It is about the beast of politics having such a sway over the population, that too many people can't even think for themselves. A doctor, for example, can take small bit of blood to do a DNA test or simply measure hormone levels, or look at an MRI of your brain, and IMMEDIATELY determine whether you are a man or woman.

Yet, forces in society are demanding that gender is a culture construct when it is NOT, NOT BY ANY MEANS. The science is completely solid, and it isn't the type of science that is speculative, or pseudo science. Seriously. a simple blood test or brain scan, will reveal the truth quickly.

And the fact that we are letting school boards command their teachers to teach what is essentially a lie, is child abuse.

Anyways, going to run. I can't think about this thing to long because other than praying, there is nothing I can really do about it.
:diablois working overtime because he knows his days are short. One of these days Satan, the fp, and ac will be in the lake of fire.

JamesSuth

I have heard all sorts of claims about Freemasonry (from Christians and non believers), and it is very easy to hear all sorts of conspiracy theories because they are a secret society - so no one really knows. But one interesting account I read (I can't remember where now) was written by a Christian who was previously in the Freemasons but left when he became a Christian. He essentially said there is no big secret or conspiracy. You join, spend more and more of your life moving up the levels and then one day look back on your life thinking what a waste it had been having not achieved anything but having lost all that time that could have gone to Christ and your family. It was an interesting perspective. I think sometimes Satan temps people with some big lie or sin, other times he encourages us to waste our time on endless nothing. That latter may seem less harmful but the end result is a wasted life. Another thing that I notice is that the Freemasons are probably more unpopular with the lefty, woke, trendy society of today than they are with Christians.

Hope that helps in some way.

Wings Like Eagles

Anyway, going to run. I can't think about this thing too long because other than praying, there is nothing I can really do about it.
Prayer given in faith is very powerful--God responds to the prayers of His saints. The Scriptures tell us that the prayers of the saints are like sweet incense to Him. Jesus told us that strong faith is able to move mountains. Prayer is one of the vehicles we use on the journey of faith.

Jonathan

I have heard all sorts of claims about Freemasonry (from Christians and non believers), and it is very easy to hear all sorts of conspiracy theories because they are a secret society - so no one really knows. But one interesting account I read (I can't remember where now) was written by a Christian who was previously in the Freemasons but left when he became a Christian. He essentially said there is no big secret or conspiracy. You join, spend more and more of your life moving up the levels and then one day look back on your life thinking what a waste it had been having not achieved anything but having lost all that time that could have gone to Christ and your family. It was an interesting perspective. I think sometimes Satan temps people with some big lie or sin, other times he encourages us to waste our time on endless nothing. That latter may seem less harmful but the end result is a wasted life. Another thing that I notice is that the Freemasons are probably more unpopular with the lefty, woke, trendy society of today than they are with Christians.

Hope that helps in some way.
Actually, this makes more sense than you may have figured it meaning to me. And yes, it does help. I have this theory that even if the occult/satan/secret societies were not real in any way, the mental warping that occurs (or the lost time as you put it) makes them equally as dangerous. And yea, even if attending a lodge meeting once or month or so only takes up an hours or so, you are going to be in that mindset for many days afterward. Like you said, waste of living. Still don't know enough about it, but I appreciate you and everyone else's help.

Hidden

There are freemasons in our country and they are powerful people in the government and the private sector who are well-connected and they regularly meet and perform their rites or whatever.

But beyond that, I don't think they're more influential than the Marxists/globalists who really are behind most of the problems we face today. The Marxists/globalists are far more well-structured and have infiltrated the world's largest organisations such as the UN, WHO, WEF, the World Bank, and the EU.

Classic

I am not sure if this is the exact forum this should be on, but I figured it was the most likely, but if not, please move it to where it is more appropriate.

Before I even ask my question(s), please, do me a favor and realize I have almost no desire or chance to join the Freemasons. I have heard from many sources I trust that involving myself in the group is a perilous undertaking. So, please, don't tell me to "STAY AWAY!!!" because I have no plan to get near.

I recently began working with a fellow in a volunteer capacity who is a freemason. When he mentioned this, I said, "Interesting! While I don't know too much about it, before my grandfather passed, I think he reached level 32 or something. Honestly, he never would talk about it anyone in his family."

My friend said "Yea, that would be Scottish Rite, which is the highest rank, but you also have to remember that the only thing that makes you a mason and equal to EVERYONE else in the lodge s passing through the first three degrees. Anything beyond that is up to the mason whether or to to pursue." Anyways, I asked him a few more questions and he said, "Honestly, this would be the sort of conversation better had over a beer (we were busy doing our tasked duties at the time).

But, I have done some preliminary research, and one of the things that stands out to me is that, apparently they have two important rules (amongst others):

A) You HAVE to believe in a higher power/God, but it is also forbidden to argue religion while attending a lodge function
B) In the same vein, you DO NOT TALK ABOUT POLITICS while at the lodge.

Which, to me, makes me want my entire extended family to become Masons and my house declared a Lodge. Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners would be so much more enjoyable. ;P

But seriously, I am writing for someone to give me a few links that explain what freemasonry is all about in the FAIREST of all possible way. Sometimes commentators go well above and beyond the truth of something in order to dissuade anyone from a danger. Seeing as I have absolutely no intentions of becoming a Mason, if anyone can provide some sound, even-keel links describing Freemasonry and it's problems, I'd appreciate it.

I was never in the Freemasons but for 21 years my daughter was a patient at the Shriners Hospital. She was born with a deformed leg, the local orthopedic experts said amputate. Somehow a Shriner heard, got some information and we went to the Tampa Shriners Hospital. Turned out the world expert on my daughters condition worked there, Dr John Ogden, a truly kind and exceptional man. He fixed my daughters leg and stayed her physician until she aged out of the program.

My daughter kept her leg and is a star soccer player and equestrian.

And it was all at no cost to me, Shriners and donors took care of it all, providing transportation and lodging and more expert medical care than I could ever afford.

I doubt those Shriners looked back on their lives and thought their time was wasted. All of them that I met were kind and caring. Philanthropic in thought and deed.

But - and I struggle with this now - are they Christian? That was long before I accepted Jesus and it wasn’t a topic on my mind. I suspect in general they are not. I never remember hearing anyone talk of Jesus, nobody prayed in my presence, no discussion of the Bible. If I was in that hospital today as a Christian caring for those children and parents, Jesus would be on my mind and lips all day. How could I put Jesus aside when surrounded by miracles and tragedy all day?

So I suspect they are very generous and caring but not in general a Christian organization or have many devout Christians.

Wings Like Eagles

I was never in the Freemasons but for 21 years my daughter was a patient at the Shriners Hospital. She was born with a deformed leg, the local orthopedic experts said amputate. Somehow a Shriner heard, got some information and we went to the Tampa Shriners Hospital. Turned out the world expert on my daughters condition worked there, Dr John Ogden, a truly kind and exceptional man. He fixed my daughters leg and stayed her physician until she aged out of the program.

My daughter kept her leg and is a star soccer player and equestrian.

And it was all at no cost to me, Shriners and donors took care of it all, providing transportation and lodging and more expert medical care than I could ever afford.

I doubt those Shriners looked back on their lives and thought their time was wasted. All of them that I met were kind and caring. Philanthropic in thought and deed.

But - and I struggle with this now - are they Christian? That was long before I accepted Jesus and it wasn’t a topic on my mind. I suspect in general they are not. I never remember hearing anyone talk of Jesus, nobody prayed in my presence, no discussion of the Bible. If I was in that hospital today as a Christian caring for those children and parents, Jesus would be on my mind and lips all day. How could I put Jesus aside when surrounded by miracles and tragedy all day?

So I suspect they are very generous and caring but not in general a Christian organization or have many devout Christians.
"Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof: from such, turn away." 2 Timothy 3:5 In other words--you can appreciate their generosity without getting your religion from them.