Freedom of speech?

InsuranceGuy

The govt. could not take.this from us, so they've allowed the people to. Sure, you can say just about anything, but speak the truth and face the consequences.

Today, who dares say anything negative about BLM or praises the Police on Social Media? Only the crazy.

The truth is there are tens of thousands of great Police Officers who aren't racists. Post that on Twitter and a mob may visit your house.

The truth is ALL lives matter, but that is a taboo catchphrase the BLM followers will crucify you for uttering. If you believe All lives matter, you are part of the problem.

The truth is if you disagree with the riots and looting, you are racist or suffering from white privilege.

Free speech is only free if you follow the masses. Go against the masses of indoctrinated hate mongers and you may find yourself alone, with nobody posting in your defense.

This "new" America sickens me. It is run by those with the most followers on Instagram and Twitter. It is run not by educated and experienced individuals, but those who know not of what they speak. Social Media has become the new Arena, except there are no more true Gladiators. Now, we have keyboard warriors.

There are so many things wrong with this entire movement. I used the term movement because the whole thing stinks.

As the Rapper Ice-T once said "Freedom of Speech, just watch what you say."

Sorry (not sorry) for the rant. I just read an article about how I am allowed to say what I think because I live in America. Sure, as long as I agree with the masses.

JamesSuth

Thank you for your rant! Totally agree. I increasingly feel like a stranger on this world. Its values are poles apart from what is Godly, and it is really frustrating to hear the 'church' speaking in line with the world. Here in the UK the mainstream church (Church of England, Church of Scotland etc) are coming out with statements just trotting out all the lies of the world even in relation to this. They seem to hold exactly the views you describe above.

hopefilled

The govt. could not take.this from us, so they've allowed the people to. Sure, you can say just about anything, but speak the truth and face the consequences.

Today, who dares say anything negative about BLM or praises the Police on Social Media? Only the crazy.

The truth is there are tens of thousands of great Police Officers who aren't racists. Post that on Twitter and a mob may visit your house.

The truth is ALL lives matter, but that is a taboo catchphrase the BLM followers will crucify you for uttering. If you believe All lives matter, you are part of the problem.

The truth is if you disagree with the riots and looting, you are racist or suffering from white privilege.

Free speech is only free if you follow the masses. Go against the masses of indoctrinated hate mongers and you may find yourself alone, with nobody posting in your defense.

This "new" America sickens me. It is run by those with the most followers on Instagram and Twitter. It is run not by educated and experienced individuals, but those who know not of what they speak. Social Media has become the new Arena, except there are no more true Gladiators. Now, we have keyboard warriors.

There are so many things wrong with this entire movement. I used the term movement because the whole thing stinks.

As the Rapper Ice-T once said "Freedom of Speech, just watch what you say."

Sorry (not sorry) for the rant. I just read an article about how I am allowed to say what I think because I live in America. Sure, as long as I agree with the masses.
Amen!

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
While I post a lot of what I think on this forum, I don't dare post it on Facebook for fear of the backlash! :mad:

Almost every time I talk to my brother on the phone, I have to listen to at 15 minute rant of how horrible Trump is and how he hates him. The latest crazy thing he said is, I am the only one who voted for Trump that he will speak with. He said he refuses to speak to anyone who voted for trump. So then if anyone does not believe as he does, he refuses to speak with them? That's crazy! Talk about division and also how can you ever learn anything different from what you already believe? It's like putting your hands over your ears when someone says something you don't agree with, like a little kid might do.

Last edited:

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
While I post a lot of what I think on this forum, I don't dare post it on Facebook for fear of the backlash! :mad:

Almost every time I talk to my brother on the phone, I have to listen to at 15 minute rant of how horrible Trump is and how he hates him. The latest crazy thing he said is, I am the only one who voted for Trump that he will speak with. He said he refuses to speak to anyone who voted for trump. So then if anyone does not believe as he does he refuses to speak with them? That's crazy! Talk about division and also how can you ever learn anything different from what you already believe? It's like putting your hands over your ears when someone says something you don't agree with, like a little kid might do.

I remember me and my friends I use to know were always clowning and carefree people, now all of the sudden on facebook all these years later they spew political rubbish and are into mocking anyone that proposes any truth to the propaganda they've been fed.

I only use facebook or mainly messenger to talk to my close friends and coach and that is it, my news feed and everything else I don't even bother looking it because its filled with trash

JoyJoyJoy

I Shall Not Be Moved
My daughter (white) is married to a white man, had 2 white men grandparents, numerous white men uncles and a little white man- child of her own. And she seems to have an unlimited supply of hate and snarky comments towards white men.

I was well in my 50s when she informed my that I am basically irrelevant and racist and privileged.

Only her point of view is correct and she is knee deep in liberal propaganda.

This is truly a battle between good and evil. Is this what Jesus meant when He said he came to bring division??

Matthew 10:34-39 New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ Brings Division
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set[a] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

I shall not be moved by this huge influx of sin.

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
My daughter (white) is married to a white man, had 2 white men grandparents, numerous white men uncles and a little white man- child of her own. And she seems to have an unlimited supply of hate and snarky comments towards white men.

I was well in my 50s when she informed my that I am basically irrelevant and racist and privileged.

Only her point of view is correct and she is knee deep in liberal propaganda.

This is truly a battle between good and evil. Is this what Jesus meant when He said he came to bring division??

Matthew 10:34-39 New King James Version (NKJV)
Christ Brings Division
34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set[a] a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

I shall not be moved by this huge influx of sin.
A lot of white people have bought into the lie that there is the same amount of racism as there was in the 1960's. I can tell you as a black person, that is very far from the truth. A lot of whites end up feeling sorry for blacks. For what reason? Obama has shown that a black person can even be president of the United States if they work hard and put their mind to it. How much more opportunity do we as blacks want? Or is it that we want things handed to us, with little to no effort? :shrug

There is very little racism in the United Sates if we are speaking of actually action. Now prejudice, meaning what whites and blacks think, is another matter. Do you know that most blacks don't want their kids to marry a white person? I would assume that a lot of whites don't want their kids to marry a black person. Hey we all have prejudice and if we all just keep it in our mind, it is not all that problematic. Meaning you can hate me if you want, as long as you don't do or say anything because of what you think. Now I am not saying this is the best way to live, but I am just being realistic.

Look, most of us do not like all of the laws on the books, but good citizens just obey all the laws and that works. They don't have to agree with the laws, they just have to obey them. Same is true with prejudice, you don't have to like black people, but you do need to treat them appropriately. I think a lot of whites resist the idea of liking blacks and then assume they are raciest or a least others will accuse them of being raciest. I will say it again, I don't really care what any white person thinks of me, only what he does or says to me!

Well I realize that I may have offended some or some may strongly disagree, but this is only my opinion based on how I grew up and what I have experienced. I cannot state this as a actually fact or truth, as only the bible contains that. :hug

Goodboy

Won't Be Long Now!
How about we use the phrase, "ALL SOULS MATTER"? What we are battling here on earth is sin, and a matter of good vs evil. Jesus told us to love one another so I try to be nice and kind to everyone.
Yes I agree! Jesus tell us to actually love our enemy's, meaning to treat them in a loving manner. You may not like them as they are your enemy, but you should treat them like you love them.

Matthew 5:44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;

RestInHim

I agree we are seeing more division and evil is increasing. I can't have an opinion with many people because it doesn't go over well. Most don't like trump and most are not Christians and most don't want to hear about His Son and the gift of eternal life, instead they are living their best life now. It's sad, real sad! They are deceived!

There is a lot of hate and it seems like every conversation that comes up will provoke anger in someone. I can't say anything it seems, even how some people will take a vaccine for this virus and some don't want to and it sparks anger. With this latest incident with George Floyd it has opened up some conversations with our youngest son and I hear him when he says that black lives matter but I am also trying to get him to see it from a Biblical perspective. We are all sinners and that it is an issue of sin and that "yes" there is racism against all people, but, again it stems from an evil heart! Also, I'm trying to understand and explain to him the politics and groups of Antifa and BLM. Praying for God to open the eyes and hearts of those who are lost!

We need to continue to speak when we are led to speak, we must be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. People need to hear the truth, to hear the gospel ,but, we need to ask the Lord to help us when and what to speak.

Annie

Be A Berean!
What I would LIKE to see (won't happen I know) is fewer of the pre-planned peaceful protests as so many precipitate the violent ones.