Free the Hero Locked Up for Telling the Truth About Afghanistan

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The most our government should have done was a brief military incursion into Afghanistan, preceded by an intense bombing mission to soften the target. But that's not what happened. Twenty years of war, thousands of lives lost, billions of dollars wasted, a innumerable number of people hurt, displaced, depressed -- and with nothing to show for it.

Since we were attacked on our own soil, I think we should have driven alkaeda and the taliban into the mountainous caves where they hid and then used nukes to erase all life in that area...and we should have advised pakistan that if we found any evidence of Pakistan colluding with Alkaeda going forward, we'd treat them similarly.

Rocky R.

Since we were attacked on our own soil, I think we should have driven alkaeda and the taliban into the mountainous caves where they hid and then used nukes to erase all life in that area...and we should have advised pakistan that if we found any evidence of Pakistan colluding with Alkaeda going forward, we'd treat them similarly.
I like that. Now that's what we ought to have done -- forget the boots on the ground and just send in the Enola Gay. Were I president, I'd secretly order the troops responsible for loading the nukes to grease them with the blood of pigs, but unfortunately that's not allowed in today's politically-correct America. I feel for the other children of Abraham. They are held prisoner by a ruthless religion that commands its adherents to rape and murder people. Therefore, those who actively practice the very heart of its tenets -- ISIS, Taliban, Hamas, etc -- must be totally annihilated from the planet.

Andy C

LtCol pleads guilty, and found guilty…..

12:26 p.m.: A military judge accepted on Thursday Marine Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller’s plea and found Scheller guilty of all charges at his court-martial today at Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune.

When court resumes at 1:30 p.m. following its lunch break, Scheller’s potential punishment will be discussed.

Scheller’s lawyer earlier Thursday said he expects Scheller to receive a letter of reprimand. In court it was said Scheller could also forfeit two-thirds of his monthly pay, for up to 12 months.

There are limitations on his potential punishment. Scheller may not be demoted, fined or punitively discharged.

Scheller was charged with contempt, disrespect, disobedience, dereliction in the performance of his duties, and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman after he published videos on Facebook in August and September that criticized the American withdrawal from Afghanistan.

https://www.jdnews.com/story/news/2...withdrawal-lt-col-stuart-scheller/8435075002/

Rocky R.

By the way, generations ago America would have done just what you mentioned. Perhaps then there would be a booming pork industry in Afghanistan, with the main headquarters where the Kabaah USED to be.

Andy C

His sentencing will be today, and most likely a loss of some pay, or a letter of reprimand, followed by his resigning his commission.

I think the USMC handled this case extremely well. They could of easily sent him to a general Courts Martial, but chose not to. Im sure his previous good record was strongly taken in to account, yet he had to be held accountable for his blatant disregard of repeated orders.

Rocky R.

The military wants to make an example out of him without making him look like a hero for the opposition. I hear that many military members are outright refusing the jab. Maybe they could have just given the guy an Article-15 and had a media blackout about it. I'm sure it's a very difficult decision to make between putting food on the table, and possibly putting your own life at risk with this untested medical procedure. It's a foretaste of Revelation 13; here is the patience and faith of the saints.

Andy C

The military wants to make an example out of him without making him look like a hero for the opposition. I hear that many military members are outright refusing the jab. Maybe they could have just given the guy an Article-15 and had a media blackout about it. I'm sure it's a very difficult decision to make between putting food on the table, and possibly putting your own life at risk with this untested medical procedure. It's a foretaste of Revelation 13; here is the patience and faith of the saints.
Thats what most likely would of happened, had he stopped after the first video. However, he was given a legal gag order to cease making public statements, and he violated the gag order he agreed to, thus he landed in the brig for a few days, and then faced a short trial.

As I said before, he is very brave to speaking his mind in such a public manner, but not very smart about it.

Andy C

I spent many years having to learn the details of how the USMC justice system works, and was not surprised at all how it turned out.

Excerpt below from the link

The U.S. Marine who posted videos on social media criticizing military leadership and the Biden administration’s withdrawal of military assets from Afghanistan was issued a letter of reprimand and a forfeiture of $5,000 worth of pay for one month, after pleading guilty to all charges during his court-martial hearing this week.

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller Jr. pled guilty to all six misdemeanor-level charges Thursday, including willfully disobeying a superior commissioned officer, dereliction in the performance of duties and conduct unbecoming an officer and a gentleman.

The judge, on Friday, said he would have given a two-month forfeiture of pay, had it not been for the nine days Scheller spent in pre-trial confinement. Scheller was freed from the brig last week where he was being held for violating an agreement to stop posting criticism on social media.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sc...withdrawal-sentenced-reprimand-pay-forfeiture

DWB

The soldier knew what he was doing and was willing to lose his career to speak his mind.

Andy C

The soldier knew what he was doing and was willing to lose his career to speak his mind.
Yes, the MARINE (sorry, calling a Marine a soldier is a no no) knew what he was doing, but for whatever reason, decided to risk it all.

Andy C

He certainly risked everything because I read that Lt Col Scheller's wife left him because of all this. He not only destroyed his career he lost his wife over this too.
3 years short of a full retirement, IMO, he wanted the spotlight over his families financial security. Regardless, very strange situation on all sides.
He did not accomplish anything because everyone already knew what a disaster the Afghan withdrawal was, and that the blame solely lands on Biden for not listening to his civilian and military advisors.

Burnboss

The military UCMJ is a fair and to the point set of codes, that many have died for just as the constitution. Right, wrong or indifferent, it is fair and is needed in a true military setting. When men and women lives are at stake when a young LT. is trusted into battle leading a group of seasoned vets, he has to be assured in his mind that they will back him all the way. A good way to look at the UCMJ is based on yes or no. There are no grey areas. The grey area is for the awarding of the sentence, after the fact when the Commanding Officer or Court Martial hands down the sentence.
Follow your last order first and your first order last