Free the Hero Locked Up for Telling the Truth About Afghanistan

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Free the Hero Locked Up for Telling the Truth About Afghanistan
Lt. Col. Scheller put his career and freedom on the line for the truth.
By Daniel Greenfield

Daniel Greenfield, a Shillman Journalism Fellow at the Freedom Center, is an investigative journalist and writer focusing on the radical Left and Islamic terrorism.

Who will pay the price for Afghanistan?

Not Secretary of Defense Austin, General Milley, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, not General McKenzie, who oversaw the disastrous retreat, or any of Biden’s other brass.

Instead the only man who has been locked up for the defeat in Afghanistan is a Marine Corps Lt. Colonel who made a video calling for accountability from the military leadership.

Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller committed the ultimate crime, he put his career on the line and called for the truth after the Kabul airport suicide bombing. Biden’s brass smeared him as crazy, they relieved him of duty, they threatened him, called him a spy, and locked him up. The Pentagon careerists are desperately terrified of a brave man who is willing to put everything on the line.

Our petition at the David Horowitz Freedom Center calls for action to free Scheller who is “being held as a political prisoner for speaking the truth about the U.S. military’s disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan.” The only man behind bars over Afghanistan is there for telling the truth.

It all began over a month ago when he posted a video declaring, “I have been fighting for 17 years. I am willing to throw it all away to say to my senior leaders, I demand accountability.”

The original video has since been seen 1.5 million times on Facebook and LinkedIn.

The cronies of Biden’s brass accused Scheller of being mentally unstable. And then, just in time for congressional hearings on the defeat in Afghanistan, they tried to silence him.

Scheller, not Milley or McKenzie, was relieved of duty. He was ordered to “refrain from posting any and all material, in any form without exception, to any social media” and “prohibited from communicating through third parties or proxies.”

Milley had done interviews for anti-Trump books and woke officers had bashed Republicans and promoted Black Lives Matter on Facebook and Twitter. But only Scheller was silenced.

Except that Scheller chose to go to jail instead.

“I believe in love. I believe in America. I believe in strength. I believe in honesty. I believe I am ready to go to jail based on these beliefs,” he began his reply and concluded with, “Col Emmel please have the MPs waiting for me at 0800 on Monday. I’m ready for jail.”

Since then, Lt. Col. Stuart Scheller has been in the brig at Camp Lejeune.

After subjecting him to a psychiatric evaluation and repeatedly accusing him of being mentally ill, the latest phase of their smear campaign alleges that, “Marine Corps officials say they consider him a flight risk and believe China may intend to use his comments as propaganda.”

Scheller had plenty of time to run away if he wanted to. If he had just stopped posting criticism of Biden’s brass on social media, he wouldn’t have been locked up to begin with. And while Milley could assure Communist China that he would tip them off about any attack, it’s Scheller who’s falsely accused of helping China based on “propaganda” that doesn’t even actually exist.

That’s how desperate Biden’s brass are to silence Lt. Col. Scheller.

After trying and failing to gag him, they’ve resorted to silencing this great patriot by locking him up as a political prisoner which leaves them free to throw any dirt they can come up with.

And hope that some of it sticks.

What are they so afraid of? The gag order was sent to Scheller in late August. The various congressional hearings into the Afghanistan defeat, public and private, open and secret, were scheduled for September. Locking him up was one way that Austin, Milley, McKenzie, against whom Scheller was trying to proffer dereliction of duty charges, could silence the Lt. Col. It allowed the political generals and bosses to maintain the narrative they were trying to sell.

That makes Lt. Col. Scheller a political prisoner.

The Pipe Hitter Foundation, which is working for Scheller’s defense, warned that, “We have just received word that the Military is making the IRO Hearing CLOSED to the public – and possibly including Members of Congress who were planning to attend in person & telephonically.”

Once again every effort is being made to silence and suppress Lt. Col. Scheller.

That’s why the David Horowitz Freedom Center is working to bring attention to this outrage. We will not allow Biden’s brass to silence this brave man in its own political echo chamber.

Our petition to free Lt. Col. Scheller declares that, “While Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Mark Milley and U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin delivered testimony to Congress meant to obfuscate their gross incompetence in Afghanistan, Lt. Col. Scheller has performed a patriotic duty by publicizing the truth. His incarceration in a military brig is an attempt to hold the truth hostage, and intimidate others.”

The issue at stake is accountability.

Biden, Austin, Milley, and the rest of the masters of the Afghanistan disaster are hoping to move on. They want to watch the deaths, the betrayals, and the empowered terrorists disappear into the rearview mirror as they pivot to their political schemes in this country. And anyone who stands in their way, who calls for accountability for the elites, is run over and ground under.

“The everyday American is held to a much higher standard than the people leading the critical organizations within the government,” Scheller wrote. And Biden’s brass are proving his point.

Who will pay the price for Afghanistan?

If Biden, Milley, and Austin have their way, only Scheller and other critics will pay the price.

“It’s the system that’s going to break. Not me,” Lt. Col. Scheller wrote before he was locked up.

It’s a courageous message that many political prisoners have sent out. But not all of them have prevailed. Lt. Col. Scheller and the many career military men who know what is happening, need our support. That’s why the Freedom Center is launching its campaign calling for an end to the plot to silence Scheller and other military whistleblowers.

Americans deserve the truth and a patriot like Lt. Col. Scheller deserves to be heard.

While Biden has armed the terrorists, he has disarmed Americans. Thousands of Taliban, Al Qaeda, and ISIS-K were freed at Bagram Air Base, but Scheller has been locked away.

Lt. Col. Scheller put his career and his freedom on the line to call for accountability.

It is our duty to stand by him, to demand his freedom, and to support his call for consequences.

Scheller does not belong in prison, Milley and the rest of Biden’s brass belong there. The truth must be heard and justice must prevail. And that won’t happen if we remain silent.

Who will pay the price for Afghanistan? It will either be Scheller or Milley. That’s up to us.

https://www.raptureforums.com/polit...d-up-for-telling-the-truth-about-afghanistan/

Lastcall

What a misleading article. Its not the Biden admin coming after him, its the USMC for his total disregard of military regulations/laws. He was warned, and had he stopped, he would not be facing serious charges. He then disobeyed a legal gag order, and continued to promote himself in his self released videos.

A fact Im sure is hard to understand for civilians, but the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice he violated have certain elements that must be met to bring charges. One of the sub elements thats listed is telling the truth is not a legal defense. It is simply not allowed to publically speak out against senior officers to include the Sec of Defense. The military would be total chaos if officers were allowed to speak out every time they disagreed with their chain of command.

Had I of been this officers SgtMaj, I would have done everything in my power to include duck taping his mouth shut to prevent him from comitting career suicide over a subject he only had limited knowledge on. He had no possible way of knowing what advice that Gen Milley, or SecDef gave Biden. As we learned well after his videos, the Generals and SecDef advised Biden against the actions Biden eventually ordered.

Lastcall

He is being released from the Brig. That does not mean charges are being dropped, its simply being released from pre trial confinement. He agreed to whatever terms his commnad offered him, which has to mean he will no longer post videos or make statements. Violation of this new agreement will no doubt cost him years in the brig when convicted.

He made his point, the whole world heard him, not time to let it go.

Lastcall

Its been reported He is being charged at a “Special Courts Martial”. There are 3 levels of Courts Martial, Summary, Special, and General. A conviction by a Special Courts Martial is usually classified as a misdemeanor. If found guilty, which there really is no doubt of that, he will only recieve minimal punishment. An officer cant be dismissed from the service, or reduced in rank by a guilty conviction at a Special Courts Martial. He could also have the case dismissed in lieu of retirement.

Normally for these types of charges for an officer, he would be facing a General Courts Martial where there is no limits on punishment. IMO, the USMC looked at his 17 years of good service record, and gave him a break, which is probably the best outcome he could hope for. He had to be held accountable for his flagrant violation of multiple orders.

fl2007rn

What a misleading article. Its not the Biden admin coming after him, its the USMC for his total disregard of military regulations/laws. He was warned, and had he stopped, he would not be facing serious charges. He then disobeyed a legal gag order, and continued to promote himself in his self released videos.

A fact Im sure is hard to understand for civilians, but the articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice he violated have certain elements that must be met to bring charges. One of the sub elements thats listed is telling the truth is not a legal defense. It is simply not allowed to publically speak out against senior officers to include the Sec of Defense. The military would be total chaos if officers were allowed to speak out every time they disagreed with their chain of command.

Had I of been this officers SgtMaj, I would have done everything in my power to include duck taping his mouth shut to prevent him from comitting career suicide over a subject he only had limited knowledge on. He had no possible way of knowing what advice that Gen Milley, or SecDef gave Biden. As we learned well after his videos, the Generals and SecDef advised Biden against the actions Biden eventually ordered.
So true Andy! While this officer may have been 100% correct in his complaints, military members are not allowed to complain or comment against their superiors. I don't think this officer accomplished anything other than to destroy his career and risk ending up in the brig with a court martial. It was career suicide!

JSTyler

I'm only asking obvious and fair questions and drawing obvious an fair conclusions from my perspective...

So, at the risk of making myself a target;

Am I to understand that doing the right thing means following a code of conduct or a set of laws, or rules, or guidelines etcetera, rather than doing the right thing as an act of following one's conscious, having a moral base that acts as compass, or allowing personal integrity of the individual to override legalism? And then not just following legalism for legalisms sake, but rather doing so in the face of an obvious act (or rather a set of acts) of despicable and evil disregard for the humanity involved on all sides perpetrated by the US government and the the me-too toadies that presided over this mess?

If that's the case, no career is worth that price. No identification with a human construct, even one so storied and historied as the numerous branches of the US military is worth that price.

If applied to the Christian walk, even the inappropriately stretched thin to breaking, Romans 13 bludgeon that is so commonly over-applied or misapplied these days will continually be watered down to uselessness.

Isn't it imperative upon us to constantly evaluate and prioritize what constitutes higher law? What happens if there were no men like Oskar Schindler, or the signers of the Declaration of Independence?

I'm not looking to pick any fights here or looking for any drawn out arguments. I'd like to have an honest discussion, however, if possible. I'm really curious about how we approach issues of authority and obedience in light of what constitutes the prioritization of the various aspects of law that governs our lives, eternal and temporal.

Jan51

I'm only asking obvious and fair questions and drawing obvious an fair conclusions from my perspective...

Am I to understand that doing the right thing means following a code of conduct or a set of laws, or rules, or guidelines etcetera, rather than doing the right thing as an act of following one's conscious, having a moral base that acts as compass, or allowing personal integrity of the individual to override legalism? And then not just following legalism for legalisms sake, but rather doing so in the face of an obvious act (or rather a set of acts) of despicable and evil disregard for the humanity involved on all sides perpetrated by the US government and the the me-too toadies that presided over this mess?

If that's the case, no career is worth that price. No identification with a human construct, even one so storied and historied as the numerous branches of the US military is worth that price.

If applied to the Christian walk, even the inappropriately stretched thin to breaking, Romans 13 bludgeon that is so commonly over-applied or misapplied these days will continually be watered down to uselessness.

Isn't it imperative upon us to constantly evaluate and prioritize what constitutes higher law? What happens if there were no men like Oskar Schindler, or the signers of the Declaration of Independence?

I'm not looking to pick any fights here or looking for any drawn out arguments. I'd like to have an honest discussion, however, if possible. I'm really curious about how we approach issues of authority and obedience in light of what constitutes the prioritization of the various aspects of law that governs our lives, eternal and temporal.
Sounds like this is a question a Christian or any citizen should consider before he signs up and agrees to their rules, not after.

Lastcall

He cant be doing the right thing, when he knowingly violated the rules he signed up for and HAS to follow. We all have heard the phrase “there is no I in team”….multiple that by a hundred and you have life as a military officer or enlisted.

The military is not an easy career, and its really hard to set aside individual rights. Yet, millions have done so under the most inhumane conditions, and the best of conditions.

JSTyler

Sounds like this is a question a Christian or any citizen should consider before he signs up and agrees to their rules, not after.
He cant be doing the right thing, when he knowingly violated the rules he signed up for and HAS to follow. We all have heard the phrase “there is no I in team”….multiple that by a hundred and you have life as a military officer or enlisted.

The military is not an easy career, and its really hard to set aside individual rights. Yet, millions have done so under the most inhumane conditions, and the best of conditions.
I really appreciate these replies, both informatively and tonally. Thank you both! This conversation raises even more questions that I'd love to ask. I may need a bit of time to consider how to ask some of them so I don't phrase them poorly. This is a very passion-fraught set of topics.

One question that immediately came to mind, and I'm simply going to assume the position that the person in question is saved, I'll ask in a couple parts. Also, if it's okay, I'm conversationally moving away from the specific individual featured in this situation to a more general purpose example, but retaining the factual circumstances.

How does the saved person in the military prioritize man's law verses God's law, if they were in the exact situation as described in the links above?

When would each authority, in your opinion, take precedence? (this one is vague and maybe a stretch, please ignore it if it makes no practical sense)

How about someone that joins the military, becomes saved during their career and views their position differently? This assumes that they would find moral conflicts.

I'm really focused on this because I believe that we are on the very cusp, as Christians of facing very similar circumstances where man's law will absolutely contradict God's law. (Also, I'm using law as a term of convenience assuming that we understand I'm relating back to either Leviticus or Deuteronomy per se)

GotGrace

Folks I just don’t believe you can do this kind of stuff while you are active in the military. I’m not sure why he did not take retirement and then make his stand against leadership.

I am afraid he and his family are in for a heap of hurt from this. It does not seem he was thinking about the great impact this would have on them.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

When fighting a war their needs to be good order and discipline. You can't have people down the line deciding whether or not to follow orders, with extremely rare exception. Being humans, we're going to see things differently. If someone down the chain of command has an issue, they can take it later with the inspector general. There is a process in the military for addressing disagreements.

The orders are given, and must be followed if there is going to be mission success, except where the subordinate believes the orders are clearly and unequivocally illegal. Even so, that subordinate is likely to have his/her day in court.

If a person isn't inclined to follow orders but is going to measure every order against their own conscious, they shouldn't be in the military.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
How does the saved person in the military prioritize man's law verses God's law, if they were in the exact situation as described in the links above?

When would each authority, in your opinion, take precedence? (this one is vague and maybe a stretch, please ignore it if it makes no practical sense)

How about someone that joins the military, becomes saved during their career and views their position differently? This assumes that they would find moral conflicts.

Interesting thoughts... I don't think I ever came across a situation where there was a moral conflict in terms of my being a member of Christ's body and a member of the military. On this board I've indicated that we should have never had boots on the ground in Afghanistan or Syria, but I've been involved in military operations against countries where I didn't think we should be, but I had no problem playing my role, and doing it to the best of my ability. Just because I feel a certain way about something like that doesn't make me right and doesn't give me the right to disobey a lawful order. Biblicaly speaking, God gives roles to govmints that aren't generally granted to individuals. When you're acting as an agent of the govmint you are operating under the govmint role. If you're a victim of a home invasion you can choose whether or not to resist and fight back or remain docile. If you're in Army infantry and in battle, you're expected to kill and destroy your enemy and do what it takes to win that battle, and any future battles. In the latter example you're operating under the role of the govmint, and even if you were drafted, you're expected to obey orders and fully support the mission. You may not be a person who wants to kill and destroy, but in those cases there isn't a conflict with the Bible, at least not in my opinion. People that do have a conflict with that can claim to be a conscientious objector, and serve their govmint in some other way in lieu of wearing a military uniform. In some countries, there is no choice for people who are placed in a military against their will.

JSTyler

Interesting thoughts... I don't think I ever came across a situation where there was a moral conflict in terms of my being a member of Christ's body and a member of the military. On this board I've indicated that we should have never had boots on the ground in Afghanistan or Syria, but I've been involved in military operations against countries where I didn't think we should be, but I had no problem playing my role, and doing it to the best of my ability. Just because I feel a certain way about something like that doesn't make me right and doesn't give me the right to disobey a lawful order. Biblicaly speaking, God gives roles to govmints that aren't generally granted to individuals. When you're acting as an agent of the govmint you are operating under the govmint role. If you're a victim of a home invasion you can choose whether or not to resist and fight back or remain docile. If you're in Army infantry and in battle, you're expected to kill and destroy your enemy and do what it takes to win that battle, and any future battles. In the latter example you're operating under the role of the govmint, and even if you were drafted, you're expected to obey orders and fully support the mission. You may not be a person who wants to kill and destroy, but in those cases there isn't a conflict with the Bible, at least not in my opinion. People that do have a conflict with that can claim to be a conscientious objector, and serve their govmint in some other way in lieu of wearing a military uniform. In some countries, there is no choice for people who are placed in a military against their will.
Fantastic! And you've pretty much answered the rest of the questions I had brewing around in my noggin, as well as though I was trying to enunciate above.

I was rejected by all branches of the military based on my hearing disability. It was a bitter pill to swallow but I understood and looking back can recognize that I would have made a horrible servant in the armed forces for lack of a better term.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I was rejected by all branches of the military based on my hearing disability. It was a bitter pill to swallow but I understood and looking back can recognize that I would have made a horrible servant in the armed forces for lack of a better term.

It's certainly not for everybody. My career faltered in terms of rank achieved because I was a bit too opinionated and that included some passive resistance... but when I look back at the swords I fell on none of them were worth it and really, it was lack of a certain maturity on my part.

JSTyler

It's certainly not for everybody. My career faltered in terms of rank achieved because I was a bit too opinionated and that included some passive resistance... but when I look back at the swords I fell on none of them were worth it and really, it was lack of a certain maturity on my part.
We could've been separated at birth.

Rocky R.

I have already done my time in the service, and after four years, I believe God wanted me out and no re-enlisting. That's fortunate because a few years later 9/11 happened, and our country got into the longest war ever. In my heart, I believe it's a war we should never have gotten ourselves into.

I don't mean to draw any flack for this, but I don't think we should have ever ousted Saddam Hussein from power. Why? He was not a Muslim, he was an atheist. Oh, perhaps you'll see him kneel on the rug and do the five daily prayers on Iraqi TV, but I think it was all for show and nothing more. The Muslims actually FEARED this guy, and he knew how to control them. Call me wrong on this, but he kept the radical fringe of Islam somewhat in check there. They could not think of committing acts of terror against other countries when their mind was overwhelmingly pre-occupied with the terror imposed on them by Saddam.

The most our government should have done was a brief military incursion into Afghanistan, preceded by an intense bombing mission to soften the target. But that's not what happened. Twenty years of war, thousands of lives lost, billions of dollars wasted, a innumerable number of people hurt, displaced, depressed -- and with nothing to show for it.

BTW, what's happening with Iraq? Didn't George Dubya try to turn that country Democratic for a people that do not understand democracy at all? Did we already withdraw from there, or will the Biden regime turn it into another debacle for the globalists to come in, take charge, and change it to their new global headquarters?

JSTyler

BTW, what's happening with Iraq? Didn't George Dubya try to turn that country Democratic for a people that do not understand democracy at all? Did we already withdraw from there, or will the Biden regime turn it into another debacle for the globalists to come in, take charge, and change it to their new global headquarters?
In bold. What a rude awakening it was when I finally came to the understanding about who he seemingly was and was not and what his family seems to represent. Talk about a feeling betrayed.

I have never since trusted a politician, not even my/our guy Orange-man. I preferred DJT above most others, but trust...nope!