Fox News anchor Chris Wallace leaving network after 18 years for CNN

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Fox News anchor Chris Wallace leaving network after 18 years for CNN
Veteran broadcaster, a mainstay of the channel, reportedly took issue with a documentary aired about January 6; will join rival CNN’s streaming service
By David Bauder
12 December 2021

NEW YORK (AP) — Veteran anchor Chris Wallace signed off his “Fox News Sunday” show after 18 years to join CNN’s new streaming service, dealing a blow to Fox’s news operation at a time when its opinion side has become preeminent. CNN’s announcement that Wallace would be joining CNN+ as an anchor came within two hours of his last Fox show. The streaming service is expected to debut in early 2022.

“It is the last time, and I say this with real sadness, we will meet like this,” Wallace, who is 74, said on his show, which airs on the Fox network, and is later rerun on Fox News Channel. “Eighteen years ago, the bosses here at Fox promised me they would never interfere with a guest I booked or a question I asked. And they kept that promise.”

Wallace was a veteran broadcast network newsman, working at both ABC and NBC News, before the late Roger Ailes lured him to Fox with the promise of his own Sunday show. Methodical and never showy — in contrast to his father Mike, the legendary “60 Minutes” reporter — Chris Wallace was known for his methodical preparation and willingness to ask hard questions of all guests.

He was the first Fox News personality to moderate a presidential debate, doing it in 2016 and 2020. The debate he moderated last year went off the rails when then-US president Donald Trump repeatedly interrupted Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

more.............. https://www.timesofisrael.com/fox-news-anchor-chris-wallace-leaving-network-after-18-years-for-cnn/

DanLMP

He was the first Fox News personality to moderate a presidential debate, doing it in 2016 and 2020. The debate he moderated last year went off the rails when then-US president Donald Trump repeatedly interrupted Democratic challenger Joe Biden.

Trump was debating both Biden and Wallace during the 2020 debate.

Wallace was heavily skewed towards Biden. That's part of the reason that Trump interrupted a lot.

jayhawkbasketball

Glad to see Wallace has finally accepted who he really is. We already knew, but I’m glad he finally came to terms with it himself.

The silver lining in all of this Covid nonsense is that we get see people’s true colors.

I never thought Bill Maher would be a real voice of reason, or that I’d ever agree with anything Kyrie Irving had to say. Strange bedfellows and all that…

I feel like the revolution will be led by Joe Rogan, Russel Brand and Jocko Willink…and I’m okay with that…

Where do I sign up?

alisani

Glad to see Wallace has finally accepted who he really is. We already knew, but I’m glad he finally came to terms with it himself.

The silver lining in all of this Covid nonsense is that we get see people’s true colors.

I never thought Bill Maher would be a real voice of reason, or that I’d ever agree with anything Kyrie Irving had to say. Strange bedfellows and all that…

I feel like the revolution will be led by Joe Rogan, Russel Brand and Jocko Willink…and I’m okay with that…

Where do I sign up?
You know the world is upside down when you find yourself agreeing with Maher. Praying for his salvation. He seems to be one of the few liberals not totally lost in la-la land.

depserv

Chris Wallace has long been a lying propagandist pretending to be a reporter. One of the most despicable things he has done is deprive the American people of the only chance we had to see a real debate between Trump and Biden. His behavior there is a huge black mark on him and also on Fox, because the Fox management had to know what he was and what he would do.

Wallace knew Biden had no chance of winning a real debate so he did everything he could to support Biden and stop Trump from exposing him as the lying political hack he is. Trump played into his hands, and that part of the failure is on him. But it was Wallace that ruined the debate. And it was the only one that had any chance at all of being a real debate.

I remember even way back seeing a Republican primary debate that Wallace pretended to moderate; what stands out in my mind about that one was him taking the opportunity to stick a knife in Ron Paul's back. So his behavior in the Trump/Biden debate did not surprise me one bit.

A dedicated liberal propagandist like him going to CNN makes perfect sense, because it's where he has belonged from the beginning; it's barely even news. What would be news is if he went somewhere that's not part of the liberal propaganda machine, and then conducted himself as a real reporter.

Wings Like Eagles

Is he a good one or bad one.
Chris Wallace is a bad one--he is Deep State. Glad to see him go. His dad was a hack and so is he. He quite obviously set out to sabotage President Trump at the Presidential debate in 2020. Wallace should feel right at home at CNN with all of their Deep State hacks. Brian Stelter doesn't get $10 million a year because he is a good news man. He just knows the "very correct" globalist elites in the power positions. Anderson Cooper served two summers as a CIA intern while in college--the result of having the right connections as well. He is part of the global elite Vanderbilt clan (his mom is a Vanderbilt and mega-rich). ALL of the MSM "journalists" are well-connected hacks and the sexual misconduct and perversion runs very strong among them.