Fourth Bowl Judgment

Rocky R.

Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. - Revelation 16:8

Okay, God can do this by increasing the temperature of the sun, or by removing one or more layers of ozone that surround the planet. Now, if the world experiences a drastic increase in temperature within a short amount of time, wouldn't that melt the polar ice caps? Of course, you could argue that God can prevent the polar ice caps from melting, and the key verse is "to scorch men with fire." But it specifically mentions an adjustment in the sun's temperature, therefore the entire world will be affected. I imagine that believers alive at this time would be granted immunity from the killing force, though they will surely feel that it's hotter outside than normal. Still, God promised that the waters shall never become a flood to destroy all life on the planet again, as in Noah's day. Therefore, I believe that this judgment would be allowed to play out for a limited times, perhaps no more than two weeks in order to prevent the polar ice caps from melting. Then again, God can drag it out for as long as He wants because He can keep the ice from melting. What do you all think?

Hiftobaf

The second seal judgment is a world war.
The sixth seal judgment is some kind of massive, worldwide earthquake.
The first trumpet judgment is a massive fire that destroys a third of the world's trees and grasslands.
The second trumpet judgment turns a third of the sea to blood and kills a third of ocean life.
The third trumpet judgment poisons a third of the world's fresh water.
The second and third bowl judgments destroy what's left of the world's oceans and fresh water supply.

By the time the fourth bowl judgment happens I'd bet the world is completely unrecognizable. By that time pre-tribulation maps would be useless. Also, polar ice caps are made of fresh water and would probably be destroyed in bowl judgment 3 if they weren't previously.

As for the gentile tribulation saints, Revelation doesn't say much about how they survive these judgments. Maybe when the third bowl judgment happens they know enough from Revelation to move to underground subway tunnels, caves, or the colder regions of earth.

Jan51

Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. - Revelation 16:8

Okay, God can do this by increasing the temperature of the sun, or by removing one or more layers of ozone that surround the planet. Now, if the world experiences a drastic increase in temperature within a short amount of time, wouldn't that melt the polar ice caps? Of course, you could argue that God can prevent the polar ice caps from melting, and the key verse is "to scorch men with fire." But it specifically mentions an adjustment in the sun's temperature, therefore the entire world will be affected. I imagine that believers alive at this time would be granted immunity from the killing force, though they will surely feel that it's hotter outside than normal. Still, God promised that the waters shall never become a flood to destroy all life on the planet again, as in Noah's day. Therefore, I believe that this judgment would be allowed to play out for a limited times, perhaps no more than two weeks in order to prevent the polar ice caps from melting. Then again, God can drag it out for as long as He wants because He can keep the ice from melting. What do you all think?
Well, He won't destroy the earth or all mankind with a flood, but that doesn't mean He won't use massive flooding as part of His agenda to bring about major changes in the earth to prepare it for the kingdom age when the earth is extremely fertile and pleasant and when lifespans will increase. Things must be very different by then, and I'm sure the catastrophes will be helping set that up.

LivingForHim

The second seal judgment is a world war.
The sixth seal judgment is some kind of massive, worldwide earthquake.
The first trumpet judgment is a massive fire that destroys a third of the world's trees and grasslands.
The second trumpet judgment turns a third of the sea to blood and kills a third of ocean life.
The third trumpet judgment poisons a third of the world's fresh water.
The second and third bowl judgments destroy what's left of the world's oceans and fresh water supply.

By the time the fourth bowl judgment happens I'd bet the world is completely unrecognizable. By that time pre-tribulation maps would be useless. Also, polar ice caps are made of fresh water and would probably be destroyed in bowl judgment 3 if they weren't previously.

As for the gentile tribulation saints, Revelation doesn't say much about how they survive these judgments. Maybe when the third bowl judgment happens they know enough from Revelation to move to underground subway tunnels, caves, or the colder regions of earth.

I can picture many of our leaders still trying to blame global warming for many of the judgements and ignoring what is clearly happening around them as it was foretold. :loco

Hiftobaf

Well, He won't destroy the earth or all mankind with a flood, but that doesn't mean He won't use massive flooding as part of His agenda to bring about major changes in the earth to prepare it for the kingdom age when the earth is extremely fertile and pleasant and when lifespans will increase. Things must be very different by then, and I'm sure the catastrophes will be helping set that up.

Interestingly, none of the judgments in Revelation directly mention a flood. There are earthquakes, which can cause tidal waves, and there are what looks like meteor impacts, which would cause tidal waves if they strike the ocean.

Revelation 10 mentions "seven thunders" which also appear to be some kind of judgment but we have no idea what they are. Maybe flooding is part of them but we have no clue.

heisable2

heisable2

Remember that song we sang as a kid
the wheels on the bus go round and round round and round round and round. The wheels on the bus go round and round all around the town.

I've gotten to the point that I don't even believe in climate change. It's godly change. Has nothing to do with the ozone layer and everything else that scientists keep trying to come up with to explain how hot it is or how cold it is. My gosh they keep coming out with all of these movies to scare the heck out of you. And then there's the zombies that scare you. And then before you know it you're on some time travel trip going somewhere and going nowhere.

All I know is that I'm staying on the path that the Lord is giving me each day. If I fall off the path he's there to pick me up and I keep on walking. So it's back to The Wheels on The bus song all around the town. The Lord is so in control and we get so messed up thinking about climate change and worldly things that we forget that God has it all in control. He's not going to blow up the world right now. He still has some things to do with us down here on this hot and cold planet. So I'm just going to trust him and I'm going to stay on that path that he has put in front of me and maybe I will come upon a bus that will take me all around the town down the road that the Lord his plan for me. Thanks for the ride Lord. You are super duper. So I'm going to get real friendly here Lord. Here's a big old high five. Thank you for all you're doing for us. As we're walking on that path you've given us my head is high my eyes are looking up and just praising you Lord every step of the way.

Jan51

Didn't we see a post about a pole shift that would disrupt the ozone layer or something causing severe scorching from the sun's ray's? And unprecedented earthquake activity?
And wouldn't massive earthquake activity imply massive tsunami activity, i.e., massive flooding??

johnny ray

I don't think there are any believers on earth during God's tribulation judgements - The trumpet and bowl judgements.
Genesis 18 establishes that God won't destroy the righteous with the wicked. The seals are not God's judgements, they are the removal of restraint and the period of time when Anti-christ is coming into power. Chapter 7 begins the tribulation period. The sixth seal sets the conditions mentioned in Joel for the tribulation. No Gentiles sealed in chapter 7 because there are none to seal. Many saved between the trumpets and bowls and all are killed prior to the bowl judgements and again no believers during the bowl judgements.
I have two questions- After the rapture- no believers left on earth so who witnesses to the lost and how different will salvation be with no indwelling of the Holy Spirit? Second question with all the passages in Isaiah mentioning the earth being moved out of it's place and wandering to and fro- when will that happen?

Wings Like Eagles

If the earth was subject to intense heat, it could just be that the ice at the poles would sublime, with the moisture escaping into outer space. Interestingly, they believe that Mars may have had surface water, at some point, but that it escaped into space. The sun's output had been increasing from about the turn of the 19th to the 20th century. That appears to have slowed down. But the amount of heat coming from the earth's core seems to be increasing although, it has to travel through a LOT of granite to get to the surface and all those layers of granite would provide powerful insulation, so that the surface would not experience much of a ground temperature increase. But, even a slight increase that would be trapped close to the earth by water vapour in the atmosphere could accumulate over time, as it gradually heated large bodies of water. Lake Ontario almost never freezes over now and Lake Erie is much warmer in winter than it was. It used to freeze over with ice so thick that many people could take old jalopy cars modified with large truck tires (they called them "ice buggies") out on the ice. I notice that our nighttime temperatures in January are almost always much warmer than they used to be--as they are through the rest of the year as well. It is clear that warming is happening but it is unlikely that CO2 from fossil fuel burning is doing it. Is God warning those who belong to this world? As usual, they think they are in control, but they are delusional, so...

Rocky R.

That's interesting -- heat so intense it causes the polar ice caps to immediately vaporize instead of changing to liquid form. That makes sense (something I didn't consider) -- the heat from the Fourth Bowl Judgment would be so intense it would cause liquid mass to immediately vaporize, and quite possibly do the same to solid ice. Even if it just melted, however, it would not cause worldwide flooding -- just some major flooding on the coastal areas of each land, possibly reaching inland for some but far from a global worldwide flood like Noah's. The intense heat would eventually vaporize the water and leave those unbelievers with nothing to drink, either. What a terrible time that will be.

Len

After the rapture- no believers left on earth so who witnesses to the lost
Hi JR, I am guessing their will be plenty of "believers" after the rapture just no sealed born again believers, also there is the 144000 wittinesses and the two wittnesses in Jerusalem and finally the two angles going around the world all warning people to worship the God of heaven and earth, when finally some even make it through to the millennial kingdom ..... and I feel there will be more saved during this period than in our history! praise God!

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
The Lord is so in control and we get so messed up thinking about climate change and worldly things that we forget that God has it all in control. He's not going to blow up the world right now. He still has some things to do with us down here on this hot and cold planet. So I'm just going to trust him and I'm going to stay on that path that he has put in front of me.
Totally agree!

heisable2

For sure and for certain. Many will die but those who survive to the end of Tribulation will repopulate the earth during the Millennial reign of Christ.
And praise God think of all the wonderful stuff that's on this website. And think of all the wonderful books that we have at each of our homes. I know that I have three or four versions of the Bible and there's also the Bible online. The non-believers will have lots of information to go through. plus the churches, God willing, will still be standing and those that were left behind that had been going to those empty churches will be able to preach some enlightenment into the new followers of Jesus.
Lastly, think of all the wonderful songs that we sang in church. And not all the musicians were raptured. So even though it sounds sort of dismal I suspect it's going to be a pretty glorious place with a whole new set of believers.

That's what I would like to think that will happen after the rapture takes all of us home.