Fourteen Killed in Islamic State Attack on Congo Church

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
The Islamic State claimed responsibility for a Sunday bomb attack on a Pentecostal church in the eastern Kasindi province of the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). The DRC military confirmed 14 deaths and 63 injuries as of Monday morning.

Eyewitnesses told Agence France-Presse (AFP) the attackers detonated an improvised explosive device inside the church during a baptism ceremony:

“Several among us died on the spot, others had their feet cut in two,” the 42-year-old told AFP. “God saved me and I came out in good health with my choir members. Today was not the day I should die”.

Fellow survivor, Jean-Paul Syauswa, said the explosion happened just after a group of people had been baptized, while a blind pastor was commenting on Bible verses.

“The bomb threw me at least 100 meters (yards) away,” he said.

A man who lost his brother in the attack complained that the government was not doing enough to protect local citizens, even though a large military force is stationed in the area to prosecute a long-running battle against insurgents.

https://www.breitbart.com/africa/2023/01/16/14-killed-islamic-state-attack-congo-church/

Praying for our Brothers and Sisters around the world :pray

Wally

Choose Your Words Carefully...
What new thing has islam brought today....

Prayers for the victims and families.

Prayers that those who caused this terror, repent of their evil and seek God's Only way through Christ.

Back