Found on the Temple Mount

Barbasol

On the one hand, we know that over the years, the Waqf and other Islamic bodies have been engaged in seeking to destroy any remains from earlier Jewish periods on the Temple Mount. For example, this is from 2007;

Archeologists: Waqf damaging Temple Mount remains

...Israeli archeologists complained Wednesday that the government was not doing enough to protect Jewish artifacts from building work by the Muslim Waqf, which controls the Temple Mount. "The Waqf has acted terribly, taking thousands of tons of artifacts from the First Temple, the Second Temple, as well as Muslim artifacts, and throwing them away," Dr Eilat Mazor, from the Hebrew University, told Ynetnews. "They want to turn the whole of the Temple Mount into a mosque for Muslims only. They don't care about the artifacts or heritage on the site."

As we learned last January

A recently revealed Israeli State Comptroller’s report that remains under a government gag order has ignited concern over the Muslim Waqf’s attempts to erase Jewish ties on the Temple Mount—Judaism’s holiest site—and Israeli authorities’ neglect of those activities. The classified document, whose contents were published by the New York-based newspaper The Jewish Voice, details ongoing illegal excavations being carried out on the Temple Mount by the Muslim Waqf (trust) and places blame on those responsible for overseeing the site—namely the Israel Antiquities Authority, the Jerusalem Municipality, and the Israeli police. The report suggests that those Israeli bodies have been turning a blind eye to the damage caused by the Waqf pertaining to ancient Jewish archeological findings.

On the other hand, we know that the Muslims seek to deny there ever was a Temple or that the city was historically Jewish. The Jerusalem Affairs advisor to Mahmoud Abbas Ahmed Al-Ruweidi, has accused Israel of "attempting to create an artificial Jewish heritage at the expense of the city’s [original] identity". They quote Israeli archaeologists, like Israel Finkelstein, to suggest the Temple of Solomon is simply "alleged" quoting him that there is no archaeological evidence to prove it really existed.

Yesterday, I attended the Yad Ben-Tzvi conference on Jerusalem and Dr. Yuval Baruch showed us of the finds he observed while supervising Waqf excavations done to lay water pipes and electric lines on the Temple Mount near the raised platform area: I snapped a few:

Story Continues: Blog: Yisrael Medad, Found on the Temple Mount - Arutz Sheva

Geri7

On the one hand, we know that over the years, the Waqf and other Islamic bodies have been engaged in seeking to destroy any remains from earlier Jewish periods on the Temple Mount. For example, this is from 2007;

...Israeli archeologists complained Wednesday that the government was not doing enough to protect Jewish artifacts from building work by the Muslim Waqf, which controls the Temple Mount. "The Waqf has acted terribly, taking thousands of tons of artifacts from the First Temple, the Second Temple, as well as Muslim artifacts, and throwing them away," Dr Eilat Mazor, from the Hebrew University, told Ynetnews. "They want to turn the whole of the Temple Mount into a mosque for Muslims only. They don't care about the artifacts or heritage on the site."

A recently revealed Israeli State Comptroller’s report that remains under a government gag order has ignited concern over the Muslim Waqf’s attempts to erase Jewish ties on the Temple Mount—Judaism’s holiest site—and Israeli authorities’ neglect of those activities. The classified document, whose contents were published by the New York-based newspaper The Jewish Voice, details ongoing illegal excavations being carried out on the Temple Mount by the Muslim Waqf (trust) and places blame on those responsible for overseeing the site—namely the Israel Antiquities Authority, the Jerusalem Municipality, and the Israeli police. The report suggests that those Israeli bodies have been turning a blind eye to the damage caused by the Waqf pertaining to ancient Jewish archeological findings.

On the other hand, we know that the Muslims seek to deny there ever was a Temple or that the city was historically Jewish. The Jerusalem Affairs advisor to Mahmoud Abbas Ahmed Al-Ruweidi, has accused Israel of "attempting to create an artificial Jewish heritage at the expense of the city’s [original] identity". They quote Israeli archaeologists, like Israel Finkelstein, to suggest the Temple of Solomon is simply "alleged" quoting him that there is no archaeological evidence to prove it really existed.

Yesterday, I attended the Yad Ben-Tzvi conference on Jerusalem and Dr. Yuval Baruch showed us of the finds he observed while supervising Waqf excavations done to lay water pipes and electric lines on the Temple Mount near the raised platform area: I snapped a few:

Very sad. It's amazing to see all the hatred and denial they have in their hearts. :tsk:

You know what their actions remind me of? The original "Planet of the Apes" movie! Remember when they found the "talking doll that spoke English?" and the Orange ape in charge gave the command "to destroy it". :lol:

Barbasol

I saw your post Jonathan and tried the link. Didn't work for me either but I know it's a good link. I think their webpage may have too much traffic right now. It took almost a minute to load the main page.

Their headline now is "Obama Says Short-Term Military Actions Required in Iran". Give it another try later.

Pebbles

Hmm, just tried the link and got " SORRY! ARUTZ SHEVA HAS A TECHNICAL PROBLEM. OUR TECH STAFF IS WORKING ON IT. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE." :idunno:

Even though their may be issues with the link I got the general idea on what's going on thanks to Barbasol giving us the main important facts regarding the findings on the Temple Mount and I trust Barbasol for sharing this thread with us even if the link isn't working and that's good enough for me.

:thumbup

WaitingOnHim

Renewed In Christ

Praise God that His memory is perfect and that every square inch of His nation, and His people's ties to it, are etched in stone and will never be erased. How blind are those who believe that mankind would ever be able to extinguish the right of the Jewish people to their homeland. Regardless of muslim attempts to eradicate Jewish heritage, and regardless of Israel's apparent lack of willingness/motivation to stop them, God has His perfect blueprint in His mighty right hand. I am hoping that he is getting ready to get the builders started any day now! :pray:

Back