Former Vice President Walter Mondale Dies at Age 93

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
As if Minnesota doesn't have enough right now . . .

Walter Mondale, Minnesota Native And Former Vice President, Dies At 93​

"MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — The family of Walter Mondale says the Minnesota native and former vice president has died at the age of 93.

In a statement, Mondale’s family said he died of natural causes at his home in Minneapolis, surrounded by family.
“Beyond his commitment to public service, our dad was committed to our family, and we will miss him more than words can capture,” his family said in a statement.
The family said memorials are planned in both Minnesota and Washington, D.C"

"Mondale followed the trail blazed by his political mentor, Hubert H. Humphrey, from Minnesota politics to the U.S. Senate and the vice presidency, serving under Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.
His own try for the White House, in 1984, came at the zenith of Ronald Reagan’s popularity. Mondale’s selection of Rep. Geraldine Ferraro of New York as his running mate made him the first major-party presidential nominee to put a woman on the ticket, but his declaration that he would raise taxes helped define the race.
On Election Day, he carried only his home state and the District of Columbia. The electoral vote was 525-13 for Reagan — the biggest landslide in the Electoral College since Franklin Roosevelt defeated Alf Landon in 1936. (Sen. George McGovern got 17 electoral votes in his 1972 defeat, winning Massachusetts and Washington, D.C.)
“I did my best,” Mondale said the day after the election, and blamed no one but himself."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...-native-and-former-vice-president-dies-at-93/

Although I seriously disagreed with his politics, when he was a Minnesota Senator I was always impressed that he was honest enough that you knew exactly what he thought and was going to do and how he was going to vote. Very different from most of them.
The era of the old liberals that cared deeply about the country is now over. The elder statesman has gone home. Probably for the best, as I'm sure what's been going on this year in Minnesota and elsewhere has been killing him.
On a personal note, Walter and his wife, Joan, were always very gracious and kind to me, and they were both saved :smile
Praying for his family.

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen

Last edited:

jab777

As if Minnesota doesn't have enough right now . . .

Walter Mondale, Minnesota Native And Former Vice President, Dies At 93​

"MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO/AP) — The family of Walter Mondale says the Minnesota native and former vice president has died at the age of 93.

In a statement, Mondale’s family said he died of natural causes at his home in Minneapolis, surrounded by family.
“Beyond his commitment to public service, our dad was committed to our family, and we will miss him more than words can capture,” his family said in a statement.
The family said memorials are planned in both Minnesota and Washington, D.C"

"Mondale followed the trail blazed by his political mentor, Hubert H. Humphrey, from Minnesota politics to the U.S. Senate and the vice presidency, serving under Jimmy Carter from 1977 to 1981.
His own try for the White House, in 1984, came at the zenith of Ronald Reagan’s popularity. Mondale’s selection of Rep. Geraldine Ferraro of New York as his running mate made him the first major-party presidential nominee to put a woman on the ticket, but his declaration that he would raise taxes helped define the race.
On Election Day, he carried only his home state and the District of Columbia. The electoral vote was 525-13 for Reagan — the biggest landslide in the Electoral College since Franklin Roosevelt defeated Alf Landon in 1936. (Sen. George McGovern got 17 electoral votes in his 1972 defeat, winning Massachusetts and Washington, D.C.)
“I did my best,” Mondale said the day after the election, and blamed no one but himself."

https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2021...-native-and-former-vice-president-dies-at-93/

Although I seriously disagreed with his politics, when he was a Minnesota Senator I was always impressed that he was honest enough that you knew exactly what he thought and was going to do and how he was going to vote. Very different from most of them.
The era of the old liberals that cared deeply about the country is now over. The elder statesman has gone home. Probably for the best, as I'm sure what's been going on this year in Minnesota and elsewhere has been killing him.
On a personal note, Walter and his wife, Joan, were always very gracious and kind to me, and they were both saved :smile
Praying for his family.

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen
I had the pleasure of meeting Walter Mondale when he was the Senator from Minnesota. My mother worked for an organization that threw a dinner every year and when I was 15 I attended the dinner at the invitation of my mom’s boss who thought I was a smart cookie. I got to meet Mondale who was the main speaker. He took the time to talk to a 15 year old kid who loved politics. While I didn’t agree with his politics as I grew older, I always thought he was a very nice man.