Former Saints Receiver Joe Horn on NFL Player Safety: ‘I Think it Should Be Flag Football’

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Former Saints wide receiver Joe Horn says he thinks the NFL should be a “flag football league,” and he believes “the fans would still pay to see it.”

In the interview, Horn talks about watching his sons play football at the high school and college levels. Horn believes that by the time his oldest son has a chance to play in the NFL, the league will look much different than it did when he played.
And that doesn’t bother him at all.

“It might be touch football by then. And you know what? That’s good,” Horn explained. “Because if the people pay millions of dollars – if they pay their hard-earned money to see superstar athletes play tag football, it is what it is. It’s more safe.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2019/08/29/former-saints-receiver-joe-horn-on-nfl-player-safety-i-think-it-should-be-flag-football/

I don't have any skin in professional American football. What do you think about this?

Andy C

I read that earlier. I dont agree with him that people will still pay top dollar to watch flag football. Sadly, violence is half the reason folks watch football.

The league keeps making improvements in player equipment, but it’s doubtful it can ever be a completely safe game to play.

With billions of dollars vested in this game, if it ever shuts down completely, it wont be anytime soon.

Last edited:

Dave

Personally I feel football should not be allowed in High Schools. My cousin got really bad injured playing football and I remember hearing how badly messed up he was. It seriously needs to change.