Former Navy SEAL Jocko Willink posts gut-check message to all of us

ChildofLight

Former Navy SEAL Jocko Willink posts gut-check message to all of us as Taliban rolls through Afghanistan: 'When there is no will to fight, evil will win'

Former Navy SEAL Jocko Willink is a certified American badass. Whether it was his multiple deployments throughout the world, his leadership in the battle of Ramadi, or even now his daily 4 a.m. workouts to "get a jump on the enemy," Willink knows exactly what it takes to defeat evil.

Evil, in fact, that we're seeing right now as the Taliban once again takes over Afghanistan.

But never fear. Willink — who's become a sought-after motivational speaker since leaving the U.S. military — has some words for us to ponder in the face of this catastrophe.

Except don't think for a minute it's a message underscoring that "everything will be OK."

What did he say?

No. Willink on Monday instead declared on Facebook that we're all responsible for defeating evil. And that it will take blood and sacrifice.

The biggest gut-check of all, he writes, is that if we're not willing to stand up and fight, evil will win:

There is evil in the world.
If given the opportunity, it will grow in strength and power.
The only thing that can stop evil is people willing to stand and fight and sacrifice to destroy it.
When there is no will to fight, evil will win.
Innocent people will suffer.
Darkness will expand.
But there are people who do have the will to fight.
They will never surrender to the tyranny of evil.
I served with many of these men and women.
The battle is fraught with blood and tears.
Failure and defeat.
Anguish and loss.
But the good and brave souls will hold the line and, in the end:
Righteousness will prevail.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE.
How did folks respond?

Willlink's post has picked up some steam, and a number of his readers were inspired and quickened by his words:

"90% of people won't do anything unless it shows up on their personal doorstep. Even then, people want someone else to take the risk," one commenter wrote. "Until we all see our nation as our doorstep and step up and unite, evil will win."
"This makes me sick to my stomach. But evil is out there, and we must face it and deal with it. Every day. Every moment. Through unmitigated self discipline. Through true freedom," another commenter added. "And yes, freedom is not free."
"What can you do if the population of the country is not willing to fight for their own freedom?" another commenter wondered. "We may find out at home in the not to distant future."

https://link.theblaze.com/click/247...aW5nIE5ld3M/52e0171e0f365bf2721084a8C7d440083

ChildofLight

another commenter added. "And yes, freedom is not free."
"What can you do if the population of the country is not willing to fight for their own freedom?" another commenter wondered. "We may find out at home in the not to distant future."

THAT is what concerns me. So many people just want to hand over, give over, or an easier way than stand up for freedom. There are many ways to stand up for freedom as in researching candidates, voting for well qualified candidates, calling up representatives, peacefully protesting whether at school boards, city halls, or congressional halls.

Burnboss

Where were all the warriors when they took the bible out of the classroom? Where were the warriors when abortion became legal? Where are the warriors now as the he/she queers are forcing themselves into our lives? There was a time when the church voice was strong and had power, now we close our doors because of a flu bug.
Last I knew, my God was more powerful than a bug or evil itself.
But if we allow evil to continuously play in our back yard, why should God step forward?

People like Jocko are one sided, and that side is worldly bound.
I feel, this once great country has turned the corner and is no longer the country God has blessed to do His will. Just like all the other great nations before us that God used to advance His kingdom we to have fallen and no bullets or tough talking Navy Frogman is going to change that unless God deems it.
As individuals, He will still use us as often as we allow Him, but for the United States... maybe our leaders will allows us some cake.

MHO

DaughterOfaKing

“All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing” – Edmund Burke​

When there is no will to stand up and fight, evil can and will prevail. To me it seems many Christians have gone quiet- Those that are not bold but maybe think they are always to be peacemakers and only share the gospel. We are to do that, But there is also a time for everything (Ecclesiastes 3)
Even a time to stand against immorality and evil.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Where were all the warriors when they took the bible out of the classroom?

After the Bibles were taken out of the public school classrooms, my warrior teacher was in the classroom allowing the students to read our Bibles and Torahs, conduct corporate Christian/Jewish prayer, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Also helping any child having trouble with the words. That teacher was originally from Mexico or Central America :tappingfoot

mattfivefour

In afraid I have to disagree with the impressive Mr Willink when he says evil will win unless we stand up and fight ... meaning fight the way he is used to fighting. He's wrong. I've read the book. Evil will not win. God wins.

That said, we DO have to join the battle against evil ... but in the way God instructs us. We have to kneel in prayer and then we have to stand on God's Word. We are not battling flesh and blood and the weapons we have are not worldly. No, they are mighty. Mighty to the destroying of strongholds. Mightier than the mightiest weapons of the mightiest people on the face of this earth. Our weapons csn defeat an entire army of Jockos, if we would only get serious about this fight we are in.

Burnboss

After the Bibles were taken out of the public school classrooms, my warrior teacher was in the classroom allowing the students to read our Bibles and Torahs, conduct corporate Christian/Jewish prayer, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance. Also helping any child having trouble with the words. That teacher was originally from Mexico or Central America :tappingfoot
Oh don't get me wrong, there were and still are those warriors out there, but as a whole, we are a family, we are brothers and sisters in Christ, back then the whole nation should have been trembling as the church family took to the streets or to the courthouses.
I remember my Pastor at the time, when it was in debate and it was the talk of the town. my preacher stood up in the pulpit and said "Don't worry, it will never happen, we are a godly country" To late...

Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation. Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto: "In God is our trust.". And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!

Rogar

The cost of war is the loss of life. War usually ends when one side can no longer afford the cost. What happens then when the goal of the oppressors is the loss of life? We are facing those whose stated intention is massive population reduction. Whether by war, genocide, crisis, apathy, disease, or the treatment for the disease, they are trying to set themselves up for a win-win situation where all avenues of resisting or acquiescing lead to their goal to reduce the population. They push people's backs to the wall with mandates and regulations then try to make freedoms, dissent and resistance illegal, so when the inevitable happens they can justify responding with violent force. At the same time they weaken us with the culture war that destroys us from within or makes us willing guinea pigs.

More than ever this is a battle for souls. We must have the courage to ask ourselves who are we going to die for and why. We must have the peace of knowing where we are going when we meet it. We must have the confidence that God has the warriors and the battlefield in the palm of his hand. Our time will not come until it is time. But that time may be coming soon and we must put on the full armor of God.