Former IDF chiefs: Convene security cabinet to discuss judicial reform

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Former IDF chiefs: Convene security cabinet to discuss judicial reform
Likud's Avi Dichter and Eli Dallal both stressed they would support the bill, despite Defense Minister Yoav Gallant's call to halt the legislation.
By ELIAV BREUER, YONAH JEREMY BOB

Agriculture Minister Avi Dichter and Likud MK Eli Dallal both said on Sunday that they would support the bill that would alter the makeup of Israel's Judicial Appointments Committee, despite calling publicly for the coalition to freeze the legislation in order to create broad consensus and despite Defense Minister Yoav Gallant's warning on Saturday night regarding the damage the bill's passage could cause to Israel's security.

"Dear friends, the state's security and unity of the people are always in front of me," Dichter said on Sunday. "I am acutely aware of the public's concerns, but there should be no doubt that my position is still that the reform in the legal system is crucial, and it will be completed!"

"I voted in the faction meeting in favor of the bill along with my colleagues, and this is how I will vote in the Knesset. I am coordinated with Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Justice Minister Yariv Levin," Dichter said. "My friends in the Likud know very well that I will not give my hand to replacing the Likud's rule," the agriculture minister concluded.

more............. https://www.jpost.com/israel-news/politics-and-diplomacy/article-735443

Back