Former FTX CEO Bankman-Fried arrested in Bahamas

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
Former FTX CEO Bankman-Fried arrested in Bahamas
Bankman-Fried was once known as the Jewish king of crypto
By REUTERS, JERUSALEM POST STAFF
Published: DECEMBER 13, 2022

The Bahamas police have arrested former FTX CEO Sam Bankman-Fried, the country's attorney general said on Monday, adding that The Bahamas has received formal notification from the United States of criminal charges against him. A spokesman for the US Attorney's office in Manhattan confirmed Bankman-Fried had been arrested in The Bahamas but declined to comment on what the charges were.

more.............. https://www.jpost.com/breaking-news/article-724717

DanLMP

I'm surprised it took this long.

This guy SBF has reportedly done as much as or more damage as Bernie Madoff yet has been handled with kid gloves.

A sure sign of the times when someone who has deep ties to the Dems, who currently control the DOJ, doesn’t get arrested right away. Now we'll have to see what happens next. I expect the DOJ to, at a minimum, slow walk a prosecution. I also expect them to deep six any significant news coverage.

TimeWarpWife

My gut, yet again, is telling me this guy will get what amounts to a slap on the wrist - unless he stole from someone with a lot of friends in high places who wants him imprisoned. Also, why aren't the politicians he bought off bribed donated (wink-wink) to, being forced to return all the stolen money they received? After all according to the law, they're in receipt of stolen goods, which is a crime. But then we're talking about the Democrats who aren't bound by the laws or Constitution, so I'm sure not one penny will be returned by any of them.

Back