Foresake

Andy C

One more from Jack that better answers a few questions being asked

Why Does God Intervene Sometimes And Not Others?

Question:I have been a believer for 27 years. Something has been on my mind for a long time and have never had the guts to ask. But here goes. In the case of rape, murder, abuse, etc. it seems God sometimes intervenes and sometimes He doesn’t. I know God loves both the victim and the criminal with a love we can never understand this side of eternity. Can you please help me understand why it’s OK for Him to stop attacks like this sometimes and not others?

Answer: Lamentations 3:22 says the Lord’s compassions never fail and according to Hebrews 13:8, Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. That means He’s not arbitrary, intervening sometimes and not others without any apparent reason. Therefore, there have to be other factors involved that are currently not under His control, because He certainly didn’t create the world this way.

Think about it. Jesus didn’t say we’d never be sick, but He promised we could be healed (James 5:15). He said we would have troubles in this world, then told us to take heart because He’s overcome the world (John 16:33). He also said He is working all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). I take the phrase all things to mean everything, good or bad.

So what are these other factors? Well, first of all there’s our fallen creation which is currently under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19). Because of this, we live in an evil and arbitrary world, where even the innocent are often attacked. But it’s worse than that. According to 1 Peter 5:8 the devil is always prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Then there’s our sin nature that can place us outside of God’s protective power without us even being aware of it until it’s too late. And sometimes our faith is so weak that even in asking for help we make it obvious we don’t believe we’ll get it. James called this being double-minded and said we shouldn’t expect anything when we pray like that (James 1:6-8). Put all this together and it’s a wonder God is able to intervene as often as He does.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/why-does-god-intervene-sometimes-and-not-others/

cheeky200386

Good info from brother Jack

Question: I hear a lot from people with Reformation background that God disciplines you through hardship and suffering. They claim this in the name of their definition of Sovereignty. They claim that God is in control of everything so if you are suffering he actually designed it for you to suffer for his cause. This doesn’t really sit well with me, because I grew up knowing that God is a loving God, so I never associated suffering with him, and as his form of disciplining. I always associate suffering with the sinfulness of this world, not something orchestrated by God to teach some form of a lesson. Can you please share your thoughts on this?
Answer: This is one of several great errors in reform theology and has done more harm to the body of Christ than we will ever know. First, because it has transferred the blame for all the pain and suffering in the world from sin, and therefore Satan, to God. Second, it has caused the gift of healing to be suppressed in some circles because those who teach that illness comes from God for His purposes caution their followers not to ask Him for healing.

Saying God is in control of everything is also a direct contradiction of claims by Jesus who called Satan the prince (ruler) of this world (John 14:30), by Paul who called him the god of this age (2 Cor. 4:4), and by John who said the whole world is under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19).

It’s also an attack on the character of God who loved us enough to die for us so we could live with Him. For what purpose would God afflict us after we declare our love for Him? To make us better Christians? To Him we’re already perfect (Hebrews 10:12-14), a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17) as righteous as He is (2 Cor. 5:21). All this was made so by His shed blood. And when He takes us to be with Him, no part of our earthly self will enter heaven with us.

Isaiah 53:4-5 tells us that one purpose of the Lord’s suffering and death was so we could be healed. It doesn’t make any sense to me that the same God who went through all that for us would also strike us with illness whenever it suited Him to do so.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/god-cause-illnesses-suffering/
Then I would ask my original question, why would God allow Christians and children to endure suffering? Either he protects us and keeps us safe or he lifts that for our good? Do you see what I mean?

Wally

Choose your words carefully...
Sometimes I think the reason for evil in this world is to see if anyone will do anything about it.

I suspect that its only those who fear God who will respond,
Or those who want to masquerade and make themselves look good - having knowledge, but denying the Source of Good.

cheeky200386

One more from Jack that better answers a few questions being asked

Why Does God Intervene Sometimes And Not Others?

Question:I have been a believer for 27 years. Something has been on my mind for a long time and have never had the guts to ask. But here goes. In the case of rape, murder, abuse, etc. it seems God sometimes intervenes and sometimes He doesn’t. I know God loves both the victim and the criminal with a love we can never understand this side of eternity. Can you please help me understand why it’s OK for Him to stop attacks like this sometimes and not others?

Answer: Lamentations 3:22 says the Lord’s compassions never fail and according to Hebrews 13:8, Jesus is the same yesterday today and forever. That means He’s not arbitrary, intervening sometimes and not others without any apparent reason. Therefore, there have to be other factors involved that are currently not under His control, because He certainly didn’t create the world this way.

Think about it. Jesus didn’t say we’d never be sick, but He promised we could be healed (James 5:15). He said we would have troubles in this world, then told us to take heart because He’s overcome the world (John 16:33). He also said He is working all things together for the good of those who love Him (Romans 8:28). I take the phrase all things to mean everything, good or bad.

So what are these other factors? Well, first of all there’s our fallen creation which is currently under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19). Because of this, we live in an evil and arbitrary world, where even the innocent are often attacked. But it’s worse than that. According to 1 Peter 5:8 the devil is always prowling around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.

Then there’s our sin nature that can place us outside of God’s protective power without us even being aware of it until it’s too late. And sometimes our faith is so weak that even in asking for help we make it obvious we don’t believe we’ll get it. James called this being double-minded and said we shouldn’t expect anything when we pray like that (James 1:6-8). Put all this together and it’s a wonder God is able to intervene as often as He does.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/why-does-god-intervene-sometimes-and-not-others/
Then it's probably the victim's fault for some unknown sin. I guess... Then in the case of kids, the parents. Thank God he intervened on my behalf!!

Wally

We are born into a world cursed by sin. It is everywhere. We are part of it and we are to die in it.

The last part is important. Christ delivers us from that eternal death. He quickens us spiritually and we are made alive - a new creation.

But this earth is not a fit habitation for us as new creations.

Yet God in His wisdom, does not draw us out of this world.
2000 years later, the presence of believers has brought millions more to the new creation Christ is preparing. The suffering of the church has had a profound effect on mankind. It has caused the spread of the Gospel, the chartering of governments with godly intents, and affirmed God's law.

But it also affirms the conviction of evil.
Often when persecution trails off, we become complacent, self serving, ignoring or reinventing God.

Perhaps the evil that happens is to keep our hearts fresh and feeling. To get us to respond and pray.

It also challenges our faith: Will we trust God?
Will we trust Him to know what He is doing?
Will we trust Him through obedience and growth?
Will we trust Him to defend, deliver, in His time according to His Wisdom?
Will we trust Him to sort the good and the bad, realizing we are all on the bad side flesh wise, and its our spirit that is redeemed by Christ through Faith?

Will we trust Jesus even when we don't understand?

For the Church one day flesh will be transformed, in one incredible moment. To be free of sin, worry, constraints of this world...

Oh that will be the day, when the roll is called up yonder.

cheeky200386

We are born into a world cursed by sin. It is everywhere. We are part of it and we are to die in it.

The last part is important. Christ delivers us from that eternal death. He quickens us spiritually and we are made alive - a new creation.

But this earth is not a fit habitation for us as new creations.

Yet God in His wisdom, does not draw us out of this world.
2000 years later, the presence of believers has brought millions more to the new creation Christ is preparing. The suffering of the church has had a profound effect on mankind. It has caused the spread of the Gospel, the chartering of governments with godly intents, and affirmed God's law.

But it also affirms the conviction of evil.
Often when persecution trails off, we become complacent, self serving, ignoring or reinventing God.

Perhaps the evil that happens is to keep our hearts fresh and feeling. To get us to respond and pray.

It also challenges our faith: Will we trust God?
Will we trust Him to know what He is doing?
Will we trust Him through obedience and growth?
Will we trust Him to defend, deliver, in His time according to His Wisdom?
Will we trust Him to sort the good and the bad, realizing we are all on the bad side flesh wise, and its our spirit that is redeemed by Christ through Faith?

Will we trust Jesus even when we don't understand?

For the Church one day flesh will be transformed, in one incredible moment. To be free of sin, worry, constraints of this world...

Oh that will be the day, when the roll is called up yonder.
It's unfortunate that's all we have to say. It's difficult to console someone who has been on the end of brutal evil. The best I can say is we won't understand everything on this side of heaven. :idunno

Thank God we have a hope to look forward to. That we can count on!

cheeky200386

Good info from brother Jack

Question: I hear a lot from people with Reformation background that God disciplines you through hardship and suffering. They claim this in the name of their definition of Sovereignty. They claim that God is in control of everything so if you are suffering he actually designed it for you to suffer for his cause. This doesn’t really sit well with me, because I grew up knowing that God is a loving God, so I never associated suffering with him, and as his form of disciplining. I always associate suffering with the sinfulness of this world, not something orchestrated by God to teach some form of a lesson. Can you please share your thoughts on this?
Answer: This is one of several great errors in reform theology and has done more harm to the body of Christ than we will ever know. First, because it has transferred the blame for all the pain and suffering in the world from sin, and therefore Satan, to God. Second, it has caused the gift of healing to be suppressed in some circles because those who teach that illness comes from God for His purposes caution their followers not to ask Him for healing.

Saying God is in control of everything is also a direct contradiction of claims by Jesus who called Satan the prince (ruler) of this world (John 14:30), by Paul who called him the god of this age (2 Cor. 4:4), and by John who said the whole world is under the control of the evil one (1 John 5:19).

It’s also an attack on the character of God who loved us enough to die for us so we could live with Him. For what purpose would God afflict us after we declare our love for Him? To make us better Christians? To Him we’re already perfect (Hebrews 10:12-14), a new creation (2 Cor. 5:17) as righteous as He is (2 Cor. 5:21). All this was made so by His shed blood. And when He takes us to be with Him, no part of our earthly self will enter heaven with us.

Isaiah 53:4-5 tells us that one purpose of the Lord’s suffering and death was so we could be healed. It doesn’t make any sense to me that the same God who went through all that for us would also strike us with illness whenever it suited Him to do so.

https://gracethrufaith.com/ask-a-bible-teacher/god-cause-illnesses-suffering/
I would also add that I don't believe God causes the evil that happens to us. I do believe he allows it for his good reasons. I would use the example of Job. Satan attacked Job but God allowed him to do that. I don't believe anything happens without God's knowledge. I don't believe God takes some sick pleasure in evil happening but I do believe he redeems that evil against us for a greater good. I hope that makes sense.

Kerbluey

I was almost raped as a kid when I was 6 years old by a family friend who was 15 years old. I hated being around him as he had crossed the line in another bullying behavior. I remember crying out to God in praying asking him to help me. Then one day, his eldest sister came up to me and told me I didn't have to do anything I didn't want to do.

That teen boy approached me wanting to play house and laid next to me while I was napping while grabbing my waist. I turned to him with anger and told him how his sister told me what she said. He looked afraid, got up and left.

I still wonder why God interfered on my behalf but I give him thanks every day for that. He answered my prayer that day and spared me. I don't know why he doesn't do that for other kids.

Praise God for that sister. And I understand exactly and have wondered the same. I’ve endured trauma that affects me to this day yet God has very obviously spared me of other traumas several times and I’m very thankful.

I know God loves children. These abusers are in for it on judgment day.

Wally

At times there does seem to be this cosmic game between God and satan.

Its like satan is constantly trying to force God's hand, make Him prove Himself, force a failure, and emotional outburst, something to show God has a flaw.

And yet God has intervened in this world. According to His Word. In the fullness of time.

Can God control all things? He rebuked the wind and seas.

Is He the ruler and highest authority in Heaven and Earth?
He has ascended heaven's throne, yet earth's throne has not yet to be presented to Him, but it will happen.

We need to remember, God is not constantly exercising His Sovereign rule over the earth, but He is showering it with His unfathomable mercy.
When the role changes from Savior to Judge, there will be no question as to Who is in charge.

Before then, we live in a broken world, that He has asked us to suffer in, that we might know the riches of His grace and mercy.
It's sometimes very hard to understand, but our time here is so short, and Eternity in His Kingdom is worth the wait no matter what happens here.

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
What did God have to do with the evil of Jacob being thrown into a pit and sold to Potiphar, he had very much to do with it. Because that evil happened the 70 souls (persons); of Jacobs family was saved, by having wheat to survive on during a very bad drought (spl?) as well as every one in Egypt at tat time.

ItIsFinished!

Blood bought child of the King of kings.
I understand where you're coming from.
And I could also say that about a lot of other things.
Like, why did God allow this godly woman's husband to die so young, but spared the other godly woman's husband?

Idk the answer.
Isaiah 55:8-9
For my thoughts are not your thoughts ,
neither are your ways my ways , saith the LORD.

For as the heavens are higher than the
earth , so are my ways higher than your ways ,
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Trying to figure and understand the "whys"
on this side of Heaven can make one go mad.
We walk by faith and not by sight.

Proverbs 3: 5-6
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart;
and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Very popular and wonderful verses from His Word, but also often times forgotten.
When we get caught in the "webs of whys" it
decreases our joy in the Lord and depresses us.