For Our Roman Catholic Friends

SkyRider

There are many, many misconceptions about the Catholic Church and what we Catholics believe. I have been a devout Catholic all my life, and know my faith pretty well. What is being described in this thread is not my faith. It is contrary to Catholic beliefs (for instance, it is a very serious sin to worship Mary as a goddess), and contains much misinformation about the Catholic Faith. I am prepared to defend myself against any criticisms you might have of my beliefs, and prepared to answer any questions about them. If I had more time, I would go through everything that has been brought up on this thread already, and correct, clarify, or answer various posts. However, since I don't have time to do that right now, I would appreciate taking your questions, criticisms, et cetera, as they come. Feel free to ask me and I will do my best to support my claims with Scripture, the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Church council documents, etc.

Please note that Christianity includes everyone who follows Christ and believes he is God (it can even be given a broader definition, but that one will do for now). Thus, Catholics are most definitely Christians and I find it offensive that you claim otherwise here. Our beliefs aren't all that different from yours, as you seem to think, though there are some major distinctions, of course. We worship no one but God, we believe no one besides God has God-like powers, but that God works through people. There are many other things that are commonly misunderstood about us, and many lies told about our beliefs, so I would appreciate a chance to correct them and build a greater understanding between Catholics and our Protestant brethren.

I also have a question for you to get things started:
Where in the Bible does it say that the Bible is the only source of infallible truth (if you are able to give me the actual verses, as well as the verse locations, that would be helpful since I'll be able to communicate more often and more quickly).

God bless you all and I look forward to your replies.

Proudly Catholic,

I have to ask you: is it that important to you to be a Roman Catholic? To remain a Roman Catholic? If you knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that what they believed in, what they teach, and how they practice their faith is wrong - in God's eyes - would that be enough for you to leave their fold? In other words, what would it take to convince you that what they do is in gross error and it is time to separate from them?

I, too, am a former Roman Catholic and the Lord lead me out of that organization back in 1991. It took a long time to finally come to grips with the fact that they are not what they purport to be - the "One True Church". They are anything but. And that comes after years of going to their masses, CCD classes, 6 years of their grade school, being an altar boy for about a year, and generations of our family being firmly entrenched into their system. After about 10 years of Bible study and the Holy Spirit's conviction, I finally came to the obvious conclusion that what I was reading in scripture was far different than what Rome taught.

While they do teach and believe in the Virgin Birth, the deity of Jesus, the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ, I firmly believe now that what they are is a counterfeit Christianity, complete with another gospel and another Jesus.

Instead of them appearing to be led of the Holy Spirit to point their followers to Jesus, it actually appears that it is Satan calling the shots and directing them to point to popes, dead saints, Mary, graven images, relics - anything and everything, instead of rightly keeping the focus on Christ alone for our salvation and worship.

Jesus Christ declared on the cross during the agony of His crucifixion, "IT IS FINISHED!", meaning God's wrath for our sins was expatiated by the suffering of Christ for our salvation. But Satan deceives and says no it isn't, and thru Romanism "Christ" is re-sacrificed or re-presented daily on a bloodless altar in Catholic masses. Their Jesus has to be sacrificed over and over and over again, and it will never satisfy God - as today's mass will have to be repeated tomorrow, ad infinitum.

The Bible declares that Christ paid the penalty for ALL of our sins, but the devil tells the followers of the popes, that the adherents of Roman Catholicism have to pay a penalty or penance for the sins that apparently Christ couldn't cover by His death of the cross. And furthermore, they will have to spend some time in a place called Purgatory, because again Christ was insufficient to wash us clean from ALL sin. The Catholic Church doesn't waste any opportunity to rob Jesus of His glory, or to make meaningless His atonement for sins on the cross. Instead, their Jesus comes to them in the form of an inanimate wafer - through the so-called "miracle" of transubstantiation (not much of a miracle if the wafer still looks and retains the characteristics of a gluten wafer [the Emperor is also wearing new clothes!]) - and this "Jesus" is the one sacrificed on a Roman altar. That, is of the devil - not God. Christ is physically seated at the right hand of the Father - not being continually transformed into a lifeless wafer.

Their gospel is one of works - not grace. Works, via the sacraments, and then the ultimate dishonoring, inglorious, lie of the notion of a Purgatory - again, because God's plan of salvation, since the foundation of the world, was flawed and Christ couldn't cover the penalty for all sins. It is a purely Satanic teaching, from a counterfeit Christianity, based in Rome.

They lie to their followers about the biblical Mary (Miriam) and give her attributes of God. She did not remain a virgin; she did have other children; she was not sinless; she is not a co-redeemer, nor co-mediatrix (another means to discredit Christ); she is not the "Queen of Heaven" (a pagan title as seen in the Old Testament; she is not the "mother of God" (she is the mother of our Lord in His physical manifestation - she would have to be deity herself to be the Mother of God); and we don't pray to her. How could she answer prayer, unless she is omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent? Is she everywhere at all times, to hear someone praying in Latin America, or China or Antartica or anywhere, or is able to be all powerful to answer their requests? No, it is another lie of the devil. Jesus taught us to pray to the Father; Satan would have us use other venues as part of his deceptive schemes, to nullify what Christ taught. Roman Catholicism is a clever, deceptive scheme of the enemy to rob Christ, the Father and the Holy Spirit of their rightful honor and glory.

They claim the pope is the Holy Father; only God the Father is the Holy Father (Catholicism lies). They claim the pope is the Vicar of Christ - Christ's representative on Earth. The Holy Spirit is Jesus' representative on Earth; His role is to point us to Christ. No man stands in for the Holy Spirit (Catholicism lies). The pope, through supposed apostolic succession, and in the footsteps of Peter (as they claim was the first pope) is the Head of the Church on Earth. Christ is the Rock, our High Priest and is the leader of HIS Church - not fallible men (Catholicism lies). As I said before, Roman Catholicism doesn't waste an opportunity to rob Christ of His glory nor to declare that His Word (Christ came in the flesh and is the Living Word) alone is enough for matters of our faith. They, through the persuasion of the devil, declare their tradition and magisterium. Curia, the popes teachings are on equal footing with the Holy Spirit inspired Word of God - another ill-fated attempt to make God out to be a liar. In other words, and by their system of belief, they actually nullify most of what Christ and the Apostles taught, regarding Christ, our faith and our means of salvation. Theirs is a false gospel, lead by sinful men, whose inspiration must be from our enemy.

Is it worth clinging to a false religious system, that does a grave injustice to everything that Jesus Christ went to the cross for? To set us free from bondage, and to show us He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life? One day, you and I will stand before Him; make sure that you will face Him without shame.

ebeth33

Mary Crying
The Gospel for Catholics

Catholicism Defined

Catholicism Revealed

What Every Catholic Should Know

Understanding Roman Catholicism

Dangers within Roman Catholicism

The Sacraments

Modern Catholicism

Sun Worship

Sun Blinded

Sharing Jesus with Catholics

There is one important message with many methods applied and it's in fully trusting in Jesus' shed blood for your sin covering, if you fully trust you are acceptable to God because Jesus has washed you in His sacrificial blood and you trust in nothing else for your salvation, then God will count it unto you as righteousness

Do you trust this same historical Jesus as paying the penalty for your sin? that Jesus was sacrificed in your place? that you exchanged your life with His so that when God looks at your soul your sins have been stained with the blood of Jesus, dipped and washed, cleansed and purified by the powerful work of the Holy Spirit?
true salvation is a spiritual cleansing, baptized in the blood of Jesus, not water, it is an internal work,
your external water baptism is a testimony for others, not for yourself

Reading the scriptures is where you will find truth, and it will set you free from the bonds of religion.
You must REPENT of your sins which means to turn away from them and give your life to Jesus and make Him your lord and savior, believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and follow His commands, love one another and share the gospel. He says if you love Him you will obey His commands. The transformation that takes places when you live for Christ is the fruits you display as a Christian which also manifested in the works involved in loving your neighbor. Catholics are the church in Thyratira in Rev. (that was the rise of the Catholic church age) if they do not overcome they will not be kept from the hour of testing ie; the tribulation. They will not be raptured, however, there is a multitude in heaven that no one could number who "washed their robes in the blood of the lamb" and made it to heaven after they died, these come from all the left behind Christians who found Jesus, repented and called on His name.
I was raised Catholic, and was never taught to pray to Mary or saints, only to Jesus and the Father, actually there was a whole lot I was never taught that's why I left the Catholic church when I got saved, I had a hunger for God that I couldn't satisfy in the Catholic church. I rarely went to church, I never read the bible, but yet, He (Jesus) came after me when I strayed and got caught up in witchcraft and got in trouble with spirit possession, He delivered me and saved me and I searched for Him with all my heart and all my soul and FOUND Him! I am now a non denominational Christian who Loves God with all my heart and soul and loves my neighbor as I love myself. I have a wonderful relationship with Jesus and the Father and am reassured of my salvation and rapture readiness.
There's a way that you guys are talking to Catholics that alienates them and keeps them from trusting you, if you read the Nicene creed they believe in Christ who died for the forgiveness of sins and His divineness but you have to point out how they have to be born again and how we were all in sin and in need of a savior and what we have to do in order to be born again. They are trusting in their faith in Jesus being the son of God who died for their sins instead of calling out to Him and acknowledging that they are sinners in need of a savior and surrendering their lives to Him and living for Him. The bible says even Satan and the demons believe in Jesus but they're not going to heaven. So don't think Jesus is going to let all the Catholics go to Hell because because they were taught wrong, He looks to the heart remember? I think they will wake up when the Catholic church denies Christ and forms a one world religion which embraces Islam and teaches that all they have to do is be good and do good in order to be saved. I don't believe that's going to go over very well as most of the martyrs in these Islamic nations that are being killed are Catholics who will NOT deny Christ.
during the tribulation the "saints" are called out of the harlot city before it is destroyed, if this is Rome then they are Catholics who do not deny Christ as the world religion will do, so don't think Catholics are not saved by grace too after all all they need to do is call on His name and they will be saved.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
You must REPENT of your sins which means to turn away from them and give your life to Jesus and make Him your lord and savior, believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and follow His commands, love one another and share the gospel. He says if you love Him you will obey His commands. The transformation that takes places when you live for Christ is the fruits you display as a Christian which also manifested in the works involved in loving your neighbor. Catholics are the church in Thyratira in Rev. (that was the rise of the Catholic church age) if they do not overcome they will not be kept from the hour of testing ie; the tribulation. They will not be raptured, however, there is a multitude in heaven that no one could number who "washed their robes in the blood of the lamb" and made it to heaven after they died, these come from all the left behind Christians who found Jesus, repented and called on His name.
I was raised Catholic, and was never taught to pray to Mary or saints, only to Jesus and the Father, actually there was a whole lot I was never taught that's why I left the Catholic church when I got saved, I had a hunger for God that I couldn't satisfy in the Catholic church. I rarely went to church, I never read the bible, but yet, He (Jesus) came after me when I strayed and got caught up in witchcraft and got in trouble with spirit possession, He delivered me and saved me and I searched for Him with all my heart and all my soul and FOUND Him! I am now a non denominational Christian who Loves God with all my heart and soul and loves my neighbor as I love myself. I have a wonderful relationship with Jesus and the Father and am reassured of my salvation and rapture readiness.
There's a way that you guys are talking to Catholics that alienates them and keeps them from trusting you, if you read the Nicene creed they believe in Christ who died for the forgiveness of sins and His divineness but you have to point out how they have to be born again and how we were all in sin and in need of a savior and what we have to do in order to be born again. They are trusting in their faith in Jesus being the son of God who died for their sins instead of calling out to Him and acknowledging that they are sinners in need of a savior and surrendering their lives to Him and living for Him. The bible says even Satan and the demons believe in Jesus but they're not going to heaven. So don't think Jesus is going to let all the Catholics go to Hell because because they were taught wrong, He looks to the heart remember? I think they will wake up when the Catholic church denies Christ and forms a one world religion which embraces Islam and teaches that all they have to do is be good and do good in order to be saved. I don't believe that's going to go over very well as most of the martyrs in these Islamic nations that are being killed are Catholics who will NOT deny Christ.
during the tribulation the "saints" are called out of the harlot city before it is destroyed, if this is Rome then they are Catholics who do not deny Christ as the world religion will do, so don't think Catholics are not saved by grace too after all all they need to do is call on His name and they will be saved.

There will be Catholics that are saved and they will be saved because they trusted solely in Jesus Christ, his work on the Cross, his death, burial, and resurrection. AND nothing else.

They can't add prayers to the dead, Mary, popes, prayers out of purgatory, lighting candles, saying Hail Marys, etc. etc. etc.

The RCC is a works based salvation religion that is a Christian cult. The sad fact is that the majority of Catholics are trusting in "mama church" "the pope" "RCC church membership" etc. etc. etc. to save them rather than in trusting in Jesus Christ. They put more emphasis on Mary than they do on Jesus. Mary is always displayed as "Mother Mary" and Jesus as the "baby". The RCC refers to Mary as "co-mediator" and "co-redeemer" etc. This is blasphemy. This is the road to Hell through the wide gate.

Many people on here were once Catholics and know first hand all the blasphemous things that they teach. I'm glad you were not taught to pray to Mary or the dead saints, however, many on here will testify that they were taught to do that. :ohno

If Catholics reject the teachings of the RCC and get biblically born again, then they will be saved. If they reject Jesus as the "narrow way" and jump on the wide road to destruction then they will be in for a rude awakening. Our job is to warn them about the RCC. We are here to tell them how to get biblically saved and born again.

Hopefully the articles on the main site will help the Catholics see the errors of their ways and get biblically saved. :thumbup

https://www.raptureforums.com/category/roman-catholicism/

Praying that Catholics reject the RCC and their works based salvation plan. You can see the RCC salvation plan here. I don't think God ever intended salvation to be this difficult:

https://www.raptureforums.com/roman-catholicism/the-roman-catholic-salvation-plan/

Praying that Catholics get biblically saved and born again! :pray

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
This thread doesn't attack Catholic's, we love Catholic's, this thread attacks a godless manmade religion that keeps their parishioners in bondage while ever giving them a false hope. The Catholic dogma is based on a false manuscript of the Bible, the Codex Vaticanus.

Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest who went to Rome completely enamored by all that Catholicism is, when he had spent some time in the Vatican he left disillusioned (his account of becoming disillusioned may be online). As a result: On Oct. 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed a list of grievances (95 thesis) against the Catholic Church onto the door of a chapel in Wittenberg, Germany.

seated with Christ

Come quickly, Lord Jesus.
This thread doesn't attack Catholic's, we love Catholic's, this thread attacks a godless manmade religion that keeps their parishioners in bondage while ever giving them a false hope. The Catholic dogma is based on a false manuscript of the Bible, the Codex Vaticanus.

Martin Luther was a Catholic Priest who went to Rome completely enamored by all that Catholicism is, when he had spent some time in the Vatican he left disillusioned (his account of becoming disillusioned may be online). As a result: On Oct. 31, 1517, Martin Luther nailed a list of grievances (95 thesis) against the Catholic Church onto the door of a chapel in Wittenberg, Germany.
Some of the data on this post was researched, some to refresh my memory, some not.

SkyRider

It is also interesting to note - speaking of Purgatory - that supposedly, according to Catholic dogma, that obviously the blood of Jesus Christ did not or could not cover or pay the penalty for all sins, so that a place like Purgatory is required for that soul to pay for his or her own sins in a place of torment. For how long? No one knows, not even the RCC.

However, as I was taught growing up in the RCC system of supposed salvation - CCD classes, Catholic grade school and such - that if a person died wearing a scapular of the “Virgin Mary”, that there time in Purgatory would be drastically reduced. So what Jesus’ horrific crucifixion couldn’t accomplish, a piece of cloth with “Mary”’s image on could cover those leftover sins.

Unbelievable what some people will fall for.

SkyRider

24. What is the Sabbatine Privilege?​

It is the promise piously to be believed, that the Blessed Virgin Mary gave to Pope John XXII in a vision, that She will deliver Her faithful children who have worn the Scapular devoutly from purgatory soon after their death, notably the first Saturday after death. “As a tender Mother, I will descend into purgatory on the Saturday after their death, and will deliver them into the heavenly mansions of life everlasting.” (Words of the Blessed Virgin Mary to Pope John XXII). This Sabbatine Privilege was promulgated and taught through the famous Bull Sacratissimo Uti Culmine (Sabbatine Bull) of Pope John XXII in 1322 and given definitive ratification in 1908 by the Holy See.

This is not Christianity.

crossnote

fully dependent upon His grace
For those who still struggle with the concept of Mary and the saints praying for you, I would ask, which would you rather have, interceding for you, Mary and the saints or God the Holy Spirit?
Take a look…

Romans 8:26-27 ESV
[26] Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. [27] And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.

Why settle for less?

Back