Footsteps of the Messiah

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Today, 26 Feb 22, Footsteps of the Messiah by Arnold Fruchtenbaum is discounted on Amazon if anyone was considering getting that book. Don't know how long the discount will last. I keep it in my wish list as I've purchased the book for most of my family and given it as a gift to believing friends. I'll need to check with my kids to see if any of them haven't been given a copy yet...

Last edited:

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I just ordered a copy for my youngest son. My only other child who doesn't have a copy said she didn't want it, that she only reads fiction... I just ordered myself an epub version from ariel ministries. It's the updated one from the old hardcopy that I have so I'll be able to see what's different.

Kerbluey

Andy Woods said Dr. Fruchtenbaum changed some of his book to reflect Andy’s view on the rapture, that being ”the falling away” in Thess means a physical departure. I’d be interested to know what your updated version says if you get a chance to look. My version is the older one from years ago.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Andy Woods said Dr. Fruchtenbaum changed some of his book to reflect Andy’s view on the rapture, that being ”the falling away” in Thess means a physical departure. I’d be interested to know what your updated version says if you get a chance to look. My version is the older one from years ago.

I've been interested in that too. In the preface that's mentioned. When I get to that part, and if the change is pointed out, I'll look at both books and compare the changes. It might be a while. When I read that book, I read tiny bits at a time.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
Thx!! No rush, lol. It’s a dense read!

It could be months as I don't know where the change is in the book. But I've been very interested in knowing, I guess that's why I finally bought the new version: just to compare the changes. So even though months may go by, I don't think I'll forget to share what I find because that's something I would naturally want to share here.

Andy C

This is a must have end times study book.

I was all set in 2016 to drive up to the mountains of Keeseville NY and attend a 2 week course at Arnolds Ariels School of Messianic Jewish Studies. They have a nice catalog of accredited studies, but I was going to attend a course just for my own personal info, not to be used towards a degree. Changed my mind at the last moment which I have regretted every since.

Kerbluey

It could be months as I don't know where the change is in the book. But I've been very interested in knowing, I guess that's why I finally bought the new version: just to compare the changes. So even though months may go by, I don't think I'll forget to share what I find because that's something I would naturally want to share here.

I believe Pastor Woods said it was in the rapture section or chapter if that helps. It’s been months since I checked mine, so I can’t remember how easy it was to find. Anyway, I’m in no hurry. :)

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven

On page 127 of the 2003 version and on page 128 of the newly revised version, 2020, is the section G. titled The Rise of the AntiChrist.

The new version says this: In this passage, two events are said to occur before the day of the Lord -- an expression, which always refers to the tribulation. The first is the departure of the church. The second is the revelation of the man of sin, who is also called "the son of perdition."

The old version says this: In this passage, two events are said to occur before the day of the Lord -- an expression, which always refers to the tribulation. The first is the apostacy which was discussed earlier. The second is the revelation of the man of sin, who is also called "the son of perdition."

I don't see any other changes related to II Thes 2:3