Football Playoffs January 16, 2022

Lastcall

I agree NFL has no pain due to the pads, helmets and what ever other protective gear they have strapped to their body whereas Rugby Union or league can have a plethora of impact injuries, i will concede though that some players do wear headgear in Rugby
No pain - thats hilarious. I just read a scientific paper comparing the 2 sports. A severe tackle in rugby can be approx 10gs, NFL can exceed 25. Yes, padding helps, but both sports severely bruise the body. Both leagues have approx the same average weight per player, but by far the biggest and fastest are in the NFL.

Me, I prefer watching either from the comfort of my armchair where only my back might hurt from lounging too long:biggrin

HisGloryIsPrecious

Painful loss for the Bills. They needed to play better defense all game. Would have been tougher on KC if the Bills did not kick it in the end zone and let them run it out to get more time off the clock. They said whoever had the ball last would win, that is what happened wild game. Maybe the Giants will make a run next year, or at least have a winning season.

Spartan Sprinter 1

Formerly known as Shaun
Are Rugby game ties decided by a coin toss? The NFL overtime rules are a joke. I never thought I’d see the day when NCAA overtime rules were better than NFL.

The one possession touchdown rule is worse than MLB’s last inning batter going to second base for extra innings.:giveup

In a normal game of rugby league during a season they have golden point ,however ,if it's a finals game, then it's two 10 minute halves of extra time with the winner being decided at the end of those 2 halves.

Armor of Light

Praising my Savior all the day long!
Exciting game no matter who you were rooting for. I think the loss of the Chiefs safety had a big impact on their defense and quite a few passes and scores by the Bills had the Chiefs scrambling to make up for their great safety being MIA. KC is very fortunate to win the coin toss , if the bills won the toss I think they would have scored a TD also, I dislike NFL OT scoring rules.

Lastcall

Congratulations :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks K.C. Chiefs what a game it was! Final Score Our Team Mo :fireworks:fireworks:fireworks Chiefs 42 Bills 36. :woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo:woohoo
I remember feeling sorry for you when the Bills scored, and the Chiefs only had 13 seconds left to get in field goal range. NO WAY that would happen against the normally best defense in league. WOW, shocking finish. For those who did not know, you can never count Mahomes and their offense out.

I did feel for the Bills. Twice in the last 2 minutes, they KNEW they won…….

Prediction - Chiefs and the Rams will be in the Super Bowl……Got to go with my childhood team, the Rams.

lightofmylife

Blessed Hope-Prepare To Fly!
I remember feeling sorry for you when the Bills scored, and the Chiefs only had 13 seconds left to get in field goal range. NO WAY that would happen against the normally best defense in league. WOW, shocking finish. For those who did not know, you can never count Mahomes and their offense out.

I did feel for the Bills. Twice in the last 2 minutes, they KNEW they won…….

Prediction - Chiefs and the Rams will be in the Super Bowl……Got to go with my childhood team, the Rams.
I was beginning to think we were not going to win until the end when we tied 36-36, and then we had to go into OT. I was sitting on the edge of my seat. What a game that was!

Lastcall

I was beginning to think we were not going to win until the end when we tied 36-36, and then we had to go into OT. I was sitting on the edge of my seat. What a game that was!
I think we all knew whoever won that coin toss would score a TD, game over.

The last 2 minutes of regualtion will go down in history as the greatest ending of any game, and will also be used by future defensive coaches to show what NOT to do.

are you ready

Record setting game for the Bills yesterday. They scored a touchdown on their first seven possessions they had the ball. The only time they did not score a touchdown was their 8th possession, with a minute left, and all the did was run out the game clock. This has never happend before in the playoffs.

Tough loss for New England, but I dont like their coach, so Im happy.
There is first time for everything!