Firefox and Privacy

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I've always used Firefox but started looking more into their add-ons and found some that help with putting Facebook, Twitter, and Google in "containers" so they can't follow you around the Internet. I've been happy using those add-ons.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/search/?featured=true&type=extension

I refuse to use Google's Chrome which is nothing but spyware. At least people like Mozilla don't use Google's freeware for data scheme as their business plan.

DuckDuckGo sent an email the other day telling us about a website where you get a good idea of how much data websites COULD collect on your if they wanted. Check out this link:

https://clickclickclick.click

I remember back in 1995 when I got on the Internet at first that everything was anonymous and nowadays they want you to sign in social media profiles, etc. I can see how easy it will be for people to get sucked into a situation like the one that exists in China where they control everything. It's kind of scary to watch it all play out, but we can have the hope and sure Word of God to know that nothing the PTB can do is a surprise to God.

:)

Jared

Is the newly updated Microsoft Edge safe to use? I've been using Chrome for a while due to it being better at playing videos but looking to switch to another browser. ALso like using Firefox.

Chris

Administrator
Staff member
I had to update my Windows the other day and it installed the NEW Edge browser, but I never use Edge. I haven't even taken it for a spin. I just use Firefox. I don't use anything Google except for their search engine. But I have the container for that. I really need to quit using Google Search. :nod

amystery

I had to update my Windows the other day and it installed the NEW Edge browser, but I never use Edge. I haven't even taken it for a spin. I just use Firefox. I don't use anything Google except for their search engine. But I have the container for that. I really need to quit using Google Search. :nod
It’s such a hard habit to break! Plus, I just find Google more aesthetically pleasing... I do try to use duckduckgo more often when I think about it, and count me as another Firefox user!

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Is the newly updated Microsoft Edge safe to use? I've been using Chrome for a while due to it being better at playing videos but looking to switch to another browser. ALso like using Firefox.
I don't trust anything from Microsoft, and only use their products when I have no other realistic choice. My netbook came with Windows 10 and Edge. Every time I've used Edge, I've ended up with unwanted/unannounced/sneaky changes on/to my computer. It also limits what can be done with pdf documents (it's a pdf reader) and constantly locks up, especially on Christian and conservative websites. This continued even after customizing the settings. So, I keep it only for a last resort, even after the no-longer-supported IE. Every time Windows 10 updates, it wipes out a couple of programs I have, so I have to reinstall. I'm looking for a new operating system, but on this very limited netbook, the choices of what will run on it are very limited and already/in danger of no longer being supported.

Last edited:

Cindy S.

When he comes, will he find faith? Luke 18:8
I use Samsung internet app on my phone a lot. I wonder if it's an arm of chrome? I did download firefox and have started to use it more often.