Finally introducing myself.

mphsmom

Hello everybody. I have been coming here since this past January, and I joined a couple of weeks ago. I am sorry that I have not introduced myself sooner, but I do tend to be shy. I have enjoyed reading your discussions, and it feels that so many of you are already old friends. You have given me so much fellowship and comfort already. Your insights have helped me have more confidence in witnessing for our Lord, and I thank you so much for that. Please keep doing what you are doing, because I am sure I am not the only one that has come here and stayed on the edges for a while, but ended up finding a home among fellow believers.

Ok, a little about me. I am a wife and a mother, and I was born and raised a Roman Catholic, and up until about 2 1/2 years ago, I was a very staunch Roman Catholic. But, something started pulling on me. Something wasn't right. I started searching, and I found out the truth. I stumbled along the way on my search, finding sites that I didn't realize at the time were incorrect, and I did fall into the blood moon belief for awhile. When I found Rapture Forums, it truly helped me discern what was correct and what wasn't. I started actually reading the Bible, and that was when my eyes truly started to be opened. I could not believe what I had been missing out on my whole life. I didn't even know anything about the Rapture up until about a year or so ago. It is taking me awhile to read the Bible (so far, I have read Revelations twice, the Book of Daniel, the Book of John, the Book of Mark, and I am almost done with the Book of Matthew. I started reading Genesis, but am only about half way through). I always believed in Jesus, but now I have come to know Jesus. Needless to say, I am no longer a Roman Catholic (much to my husband's dismay, but I am showing him the way as best as I can-it is hard to overcome a lifetime of indoctrination), but a Born Again Believer. I am eagerly looking forward to the day that our Lord comes and takes us home to be with Him!

Anyways, there is always so much more to tell, but I am sure over time, and through fellowship with you, you will come to know me more. But, I just want to say thank you to all of you. You have truly helped me more than you can ever know. God Bless, and Maranatha!

moosejive

Welcome to RF, from a former Catholic also....:hug I've learned a lot and didn't read my first Bible until I was in my mid 20's. My dad had told us kids "that the priest would tell us what we needed to know", I never realized how much was not being told until reading it myself!:doh You will grow a lot in the fellowship here.:)

mphsmom

Thank you all for such a warm welcome, and thank you for your prayers for my husband. :bighugWe are having an issue right now, because it is supposed to be time to start my daughter in her Confirmation classes, but I told him that I just cannot do it, knowing what I now know and believe. Because I didn't know the truth before, she had been in a Catholic elementary school (she just graduated eighth grade). I am trying to witness to her, but she is so immersed in the current teenage culture, she tunes me out and gets mad at me. I am trying to find the good in it; since she didn't really pay attention in the theology classes she had in school, there is less that she has to re-learn. But, I won't give up. I need to keep planting the seeds. :wink2

BlueRegard

Welcome to the forum!
I had never heard of the rapture either and when I did, I thought it was some kind of a cult! RR (Rapture Ready) and RF (Rapture Forums) have made a huge difference in my new Christian life and where I have found wisdom, comfort and direction to Bible study - and all before I even joined! And it's even better after joining. Glad you are here.

Rez63

A very warm welcome mphsmom!!! :bighug
Its wonderful to be able to meet more of my family before we meet in person!! I haven't been here on RF all that long myself, but EVERYONE here has quickly become my " old friends"! And Im sure you will feel the same soon also!!
I look forward to your posts and getting to know you better!!!

Lynn

Hello everybody. I have been coming here since this past January, and I joined a couple of weeks ago. I am sorry that I have not introduced myself sooner, but I do tend to be shy. I have enjoyed reading your discussions, and it feels that so many of you are already old friends. You have given me so much fellowship and comfort already. Your insights have helped me have more confidence in witnessing for our Lord, and I thank you so much for that. Please keep doing what you are doing, because I am sure I am not the only one that has come here and stayed on the edges for a while, but ended up finding a home among fellow believers.

Ok, a little about me. I am a wife and a mother, and I was born and raised a Roman Catholic, and up until about 2 1/2 years ago, I was a very staunch Roman Catholic. But, something started pulling on me. Something wasn't right. I started searching, and I found out the truth. I stumbled along the way on my search, finding sites that I didn't realize at the time were incorrect, and I did fall into the blood moon belief for awhile. When I found Rapture Forums, it truly helped me discern what was correct and what wasn't. I started actually reading the Bible, and that was when my eyes truly started to be opened. I could not believe what I had been missing out on my whole life. I didn't even know anything about the Rapture up until about a year or so ago. It is taking me awhile to read the Bible (so far, I have read Revelations twice, the Book of Daniel, the Book of John, the Book of Mark, and I am almost done with the Book of Matthew. I started reading Genesis, but am only about half way through). I always believed in Jesus, but now I have come to know Jesus. Needless to say, I am no longer a Roman Catholic (much to my husband's dismay, but I am showing him the way as best as I can-it is hard to overcome a lifetime of indoctrination), but a Born Again Believer. I am eagerly looking forward to the day that our Lord comes and takes us home to be with Him!

Anyways, there is always so much more to tell, but I am sure over time, and through fellowship with you, you will come to know me more. But, I just want to say thank you to all of you. You have truly helped me more than you can ever know. God Bless, and Maranatha!
So glad to have you as an 'official' member of our RF family. All of us will enjoy getting to know you. Thank you for sharing your testimony, as it will inspire and encourage many who read it.
Another couple of web sites that will help to strengthen your faith are Institute of Creation Research (www.icr.org) and Answers in Genesis (http://answersingenesis.org)