Fig Tree Generation allusion in Song of Solomon?

LookingUp7

Hello there my brothers and sisters in Christ!

I have been trying to focus on developing my relationship with the Lord lately. Boy, I can't tell you how God has alleviated my anxiety through just pouring through His word!

I came across an interesting verse in my recent devotions. I'm wondering if a more well-read and studied person than myself might be able to tell me if this verse could be an allusion to the Fig Tree Generation and the rapture!

I'll post the verse and then Jesus' words on the fig tree parable for reference below. :)

I'm very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Song of Solomon 2:13
The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes
Give a good smell
Rise up, my love, my fair one
And come away!

Parable of the Fig Tree
32“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.

Belle of Grace

Longing for Home
I could just be reading too much into it, but when I read it I literally did an audible gasp because I thought it was so interesting lol
Yes, I read this verse with the rapture coming to mind many years ago, so, no, I don't think you're reading too much into it at all. Since all of God's Word is written by Him, He does repeat concepts and prophecies all through His book. May be for emphasis or in case we missed it the first time.

Hiftobaf

I have heard people use Solomon 2:10-13 to argue that the Rapture will happen in the spring, but not specifically that it has to do with the Fig Tree Generation.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell. Arise, my love, my fair one, and come away.

Umbrella Girl

Now we see through a glass, darkly; (1 Cor 13:12)
Hello there my brothers and sisters in Christ!

I have been trying to focus on developing my relationship with the Lord lately. Boy, I can't tell you how God has alleviated my anxiety through just pouring through His word!

I came across an interesting verse in my recent devotions. I'm wondering if a more well-read and studied person than myself might be able to tell me if this verse could be an allusion to the Fig Tree Generation and the rapture!

I'll post the verse and then Jesus' words on the fig tree parable for reference below. :)

I'm very interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

Song of Solomon 2:13
The fig tree puts forth her green figs,
And the vines with the tender grapes
Give a good smell
Rise up, my love, my fair one
And come away!

Parable of the Fig Tree
32“Now learn the parable from the fig tree: when its branch has already become tender and puts forth its leaves, you know that summer is near; 33so, you too, when you see all these things, recognize that He is near, right at the door. 34“Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. 35“Heaven and earth will pass away, but My words will not pass away.
It’s a beautiful, touching verse, and it sure does sound like an allusion to the Rapture...

:cloud9

LookingUp7

I have heard people use Solomon 2:10-13 to argue that the Rapture will happen in the spring, but not specifically that it has to do with the Fig Tree Generation.

10 My beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, my love, my fair one, and come away.

11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;

12 The flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come, and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;

13 The fig tree putteth forth her green figs, and the vines with the tender grape give a good smell.
I made the connection as it mentioned the fig tree and the words, "arise" and "come away". All fun to ponder and think about... I love how poetic our Lord is. ❤️

Back