Fewer and fewer American pastors hold a biblical world view: new study shows!

Kerbluey

Kerbluey, I view many of Andy's teachings online at www.slbc.org. We lived 13 yrs in Houston metro area, and the traffic is too much. Sugarland, TX, is north of Houston, but most likely the traffic there is much like the big metroplex. I enjoy living where I live and can still view Andy's Sunday services as well as Wednesday evening (except for summer when Wed nights don't meet).
Over the years that I have listened to his teaching, I have gained a greater knowledge of God's Word, and I long to learn more.

It was only a pipe dream anyway, lol. I can enjoy him from my house in the woods in Nowhereville anyway.

Lynn

Longing for Home
It was only a pipe dream anyway, lol. I can enjoy him from my house in the woods in Nowhereville anyway.
This morning I went online to Sermon Audio(Andy's page) and clicked on his talk at Hermeneutic conference. You might enjoy this. His sermons are better than an academic discussion, but I learned how very important it is to adhere to a literal grammatical historical perspective when reading the Bible.

Kerbluey

This morning I went online to Sermon Audio(Andy's page) and clicked on his talk at Hermeneutic conference. You might enjoy this. His sermons are better than an academic discussion, but I learned how very important it is to adhere to a literal grammatical historical perspective when reading the Bible.

Thanks, Lynn, I’ll listen. I enjoy listening while I’m crafting and sewing and like it all, sermons and discussions. Hubby and I were discussing the subject just recently regarding Armageddon and the horses. It’s tempting to allegorize it, so we spent some time discussing why they’d be on horseback—terrain, EMPs, etc. By that point in time the planning would have to be well in place regarding not only enough horses bred and raised and trained but training for the people to do battle on horseback. You don’t just decide one week to battle God and suddenly find enough horses and riders ready. :)

Lastcall

That's really encouraging to hear. I'll be moving from Central MA and yes, the politics are extremely suffocating.
I would not make a decision to move to Florida based on politics. Yes, since 2018, Florida has an outstanding Gov. However, out of 8.1 million votes cast in 2018, Ron Desantis only won by 43,000 votes. Out of registered voters, the GOP as a little over 100,000 more voters, but the independents in Fl are several million, and they are flaky in how they vote.

Everlasting Life

Through Faith in Jesus
Thanks, Lynn, I’ll listen. I enjoy listening while I’m crafting and sewing and like it all, sermons and discussions. Hubby and I were discussing the subject just recently regarding Armageddon and the horses. It’s tempting to allegorize it, so we spent some time discussing why they’d be on horseback—terrain, EMPs, etc. By that point in time the planning would have to be well in place regarding not only enough horses bred and raised and trained but training for the people to do battle on horseback. You don’t just decide one week to battle God and suddenly find enough horses and riders ready. :)

Another place that has lots of solid biblical, rapture believing pastors teaching is on CSN International. Several have been going through Revelation which has been great.

There's the radio show or the online app.

Of course as always, use discernment.... :)

cheeky200386

I would not make a decision to move to Florida based on politics. Yes, since 2018, Florida has an outstanding Gov. However, out of 8.1 million votes cast in 2018, Ron Desantis only won by 43,000 votes. Out of registered voters, the GOP as a little over 100,000 more voters, but the independents in Fl are several million, and they are flaky in how they vote.
It's not my decision, it's my husbands. I would be happy staying in MA where my family and church are but he wants us to escape MA because of the laws they are passing that are anti-police and anti-Christians/anti-parents. I can't fault him there. I admire his willingness to make such a big change for the best of our family.

I'm praying that the Lord leads my husband. That we will be awed with how God works in this next step of our lives whether we end up staying in MA or moving to Florida.

I am looking forward to being around more conservatives. It's incredibly stifling being around blue-haired leftists all of the time.

Jaybird

I don't regret moving to Florida from New England, but I moved for other reasons and not just the politics. Granted, I was sick of the politics in New England and the governor here is wonderful. However, keep in mind that lots of people from the Northeast are migrating here and they bring their politics with them. One thing I could never understand about the liberal mind is they keep on voting for these politicians who raise their taxes to the point where they can't afford to live in their state anymore, then they move to a lower cost state, but then vote for the same type of people who will make it unaffordable for them! It defies all logic, but perhaps this is what a reprobate mind is like.

Lynn

Longing for Home
It's not my decision, it's my husbands. I would be happy staying in MA where my family and church are but he wants us to escape MA because of the laws they are passing that are anti-police and anti-Christians/anti-parents. I can't fault him there. I admire his willingness to make such a big change for the best of our family.
Cheeky, you're thinking correctly here. Your husband is the priest of the household, even if he is unsaved. God is a God of order, and when married couples each pull in a different direction, chaos and disharmony are the result. If your dh, at this time in his life, thinks a move to Florida is best for his family, then you're being obedient to the Word of God by being a godly helpmate to your husband as he fulfills his role as head of the home. (Not popular phrase right now, I know), but it's biblical and you appear to acknowledge it as such. Your husband is very blessed to have you on his team.
God will bless you both.

Jojo4124

:cry Sorry this happened to you. Lies and evil doesn't care about other people! :tappingfoot
:wolf
Ty, Lightofmylife...God has used what the devil meant for harm for good! Going thru trials isnt fun, but God is Faithful to heal and then use us to help others, to understand what they go thru, and to testify that God will heal them also as they seek Him. I LOVE how Father God smacks down the enemy by doing that!!! :)

SarahRose

I live in an a very liberal area and have tried a few churches. I liked them in general, and I believe that their hearts are in the right place. But there wasn't a lot of teaching going on...in my opinion. However, I did a little research and found a small church close by that does verse-by-verse teaching. My dad and I went together last Sunday and we both really enjoyed it. The pastor encouraged everyone to bring their bibles and said "don't just listen to me." I really hope this one works out.

But if it doesn't, I'll continue to listen to online sermons from pastors I trust. Plus I can stay in my jammies while I do that.

On the other end of it, I saw a video of a progressive "pastor" who is openly gay and teaches that God was being deceptive in the garden of Eden, and that Jesus just wanted us to accept ourselves exactly as we are, and all we really need to do is focus on expanding our own minds...Oh, and that Lazarus didn't come back to life, but came out of the closet thanks to Jesus. Listening to him it just felt like Satan was speaking right through him. Yikes.

Bethlehem57

I don't regret moving to Florida from New England, but I moved for other reasons and not just the politics. Granted, I was sick of the politics in New England and the governor here is wonderful. However, keep in mind that lots of people from the Northeast are migrating here and they bring their politics with them. One thing I could never understand about the liberal mind is they keep on voting for these politicians who raise their taxes to the point where they can't afford to live in their state anymore, then they move to a lower cost state, but then vote for the same type of people who will make it unaffordable for them! It defies all logic, but perhaps this is what a reprobate mind is like.
Feels exactly like that in North Carolina!

3 Nails 4 Given

Sinner saved by the blood of Jesus
I don’t know why all you’ll Northerners think it’s so hot here in Florida? We enjoy all 3 seasons down here. The 6 months of summer, aka as the Dog Days, the 4 months of Fall, coolish weather, and the 2 warmer months of Spring, so aptly named because the temperature can spring from 40 at night to 95 by day.

Besides the Hurricanes that come yearly and the sporadic tornadoes, the weather is great. Why in Florida you can just about walk on water, if you ain’t afraid of stepping on alligators.:chatter

daygo

I live in an a very liberal area and have tried a few churches. I liked them in general, and I believe that their hearts are in the right place. But there wasn't a lot of teaching going on...in my opinion. However, I did a little research and found a small church close by that does verse-by-verse teaching. My dad and I went together last Sunday and we both really enjoyed it. The pastor encouraged everyone to bring their bibles and said "don't just listen to me." I really hope this one works out.

But if it doesn't, I'll continue to listen to online sermons from pastors I trust. Plus I can stay in my jammies while I do that.

On the other end of it, I saw a video of a progressive "pastor" who is openly gay and teaches that God was being deceptive in the garden of Eden, and that Jesus just wanted us to accept ourselves exactly as we are, and all we really need to do is focus on expanding our own minds...Oh, and that Lazarus didn't come back to life, but came out of the closet thanks to Jesus. Listening to him it just felt like Satan was speaking right through him. Yikes.
Wow beggars belief.