Fentanyl -- Why?

RobinB

I keep seeing news reports about deadly Fentanyl being laced into typical street drugs. It's made in China. Does anyone know *why* drug dealers would do this? If it kills its users, there is less repeat business.

And why go to the cost of producing this drug just to lace it in with other drugs? (as in -- who gets paid?) Thoughts?

Bedra1958

I keep seeing news reports about deadly Fentanyl being laced into typical street drugs. It's made in China. Does anyone know *why* drug dealers would do this? If it kills its users, there is less repeat business.

And why go to the cost of producing this drug just to lace it in with other drugs? (as in -- who gets paid?) Thoughts?
The enemy wants us all dead, it's one of satan's tools to eliminate humans because we're God's creation and he hates us. While I don't condone drug abuse (the Lord delivered me from that!), it's a very sick thing to do to those who are addicts.

It's cheap, and it's said to be easily produced. While people in china want to make a buck, I don't see any china angle as important.

People spend years training to know how to use it. You've likely taken it yourself, as your anesthesiologist administered it to you. It has been a common anesthesia like propofol.

So when Johnny Joint sprinkles a little on your heroin, he may not get the dosage correct.

The life of an addict is not as people understand, and people can fall into it rather easily. Most people don't care about addicts, so it's not surprising dealers don't care either. So that's a large reason why.

alisani

It's very cheap to produce, often immediately addictive, like heroin. For every person who passes via overdose, there are still dozens newly addicted, so they aren't losing clientele at all. And they get rich fast with low overhead and high demand. The love of money is the root of all evil, truly. And more and more, as the days go darker, more people are looking for escape.

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
WARNING! :soapbox :rant

As long as BIG PHARMA and docs keep inappropriately pushing and prescribing opiates/opioids and failing to properly supervise and wean (or properly supervise and maintain for those that truly need it), and there aren't enough good detox and rehab beds (plus insurance limits and exclusions for substance abuse treatment, counseling, etc.), there will be a never-ending supply of addicts taking illicit drugs to feed the addiction. And, in many cases, committing various self-destructive and anti-social crimes to pay for it :furious :rant :mad :wild

Plus all the other reasons and ways why people get ensnared with drugs :furious :rant :mad :wild

Some dealers target customers that don't pay, and for other reasons, too :furious :rant :mad :wild

People, who are trafficked, especially sex-trafficked, are often addicted on purpose by their pimps/madams/traffickers against their will. Sometimes, trafficked persons will willingly take/seek out drugs to numb the emotional and physical pain of being used and abused.

People have been known to purposely addict their family members (domestic violence). Sometimes, schools push hard enough that parents and doctors cave in and medicate kids when they shouldn't be :furious :rant :mad :wild Some of the ADHD, etc. drugs are addictive and some the kids sell because they can produce highs and other kids will pay good money for prescription drugs (versus street drugs of unknown content and quality). This same phenomenon leads to easy sale of prescription pain killers.

Many times, people don't know the fentanyl, carfentanyl (100 times more potent than fentanyl), etc. is in the drugs they're buying. No labeling requirements, so must trust the drug dealer with one's life :eek
No different than dealers lacing marijuana with PCP, crack, heroin, LSD, etc. Addict the customer so he or she keeps coming back for more.

At some point, addicts have to use just to not be sick. Dope-sick is a term for the sickness and withdrawal effects one starts to feel when due/overdue for the next fix. People don't think or function well at all when dope-sick because the receptors in the brain where the drugs act are empty and driving the person to one purpose: the next fix, NOW :mad Most people will do almost anything for the next fix :mad Even if they decide to stop, depending on what the person usually takes, withdrawal can cause life-threatening/fatal physical problems, including heart attack, stroke, seizure, rapidly falling blood pressure, and respiratory failure. Just like taking the drugs can.

There's lots more, but far too ugly and graphic for a family forum :cry

:rant :soapbox

:pray :pray :amen :amen

RobinB

Many times, people don't know the fentanyl, carfentanyl (100 times more potent than fentanyl), etc. is in the drugs they're buying.

That's what I hear on the news reports, someone thinks they are buying a Percocet for a knee injury, and turns out laced with Fentanyl. That is what spurred my initial question-- if this drug kills off potential repeat drug buyers-- why do they lace stuff with it?

Ghoti Ichthus

That's what I hear on the news reports, someone thinks they are buying a Percocet for a knee injury, and turns out laced with Fentanyl. That is what spurred my initial question-- if this drug kills off potential repeat drug buyers-- why do they lace stuff with it?

If doctors would prescribe what is needed (and not more) and properly supervise/wean, and would consider/prescribe non-opiate/opioid drugs, supplements, and therapies, and insurance companies would cover said alternate therapies and drugs/supplements, people wouldn't be "out there" buying drugs for medicinal purposes :tappingfoot

Insurance companies will foot the bill for cheap narcotics without batting an eyelash, but will question the necessity for and deny coverage for chiropractic, physical therapy, accupuncture, massage therapy, etc. because they're much more expensive due to labor intesnsity and number of appointments required :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry And pretty much no insurance covers supplements, even when there is published, peer-reviewed clinical research showing same or better efficacy than BIGPHARMA :furious :rant :mad :wild :frust :cry

Carl

There is lots more coming across the border than is used for medicine. China is using every means possible to destroy the USA as competition for it in its global outreach.
Now how does that fit in with God giving power to China?
Lord You won't forgive us our sins unless we acknowledge them.

Ghoti Ichthus

The abundant blessings the U.S. and Canada have enjoyed for centuries due to Jewish and Christian faith are being taken away for our apostasy. We're being chastised to bring us back to God. But the Church is weak and cowardly and isn't (generally) acting as salt and light and carrying out The Great Commission. Like Eve, who violated the Command to not eat of The Tree, we are violating God's Command to take The Gospel to everyone. Adam and Eve were expelled from the Garden of Eden. I don't see Christians being taken out of Canada and the U.S. like the Babylonian exile or expulsion from The Garden, but I do see the ongoing phenomena of Jewish people emigrating from The West to Israel and increasing persecution of Christians. As anti-Semitism and islamic presence increases, our Jewish population will dwindle ever faster. Once the Jewish people are gone and The Church is Raptured, there is no Restrainer to impede evil, and the sexual perverts and their allies, the drug cartels, and the muslims will have free reign in the post-Rapture power vacuum and absence of law enforcement and administrative order. The bloodbath among the various factions will be horrific. In the U.S. and Canada's weakened positions and still having great wealth and resources (technological and natural), I can see China, U.N., islamic hordes, etc. invading, pillaging, and enslaving those, who are left. The U.N.'s excuse could easily be the chaos and violence without rule of law. The muslim military's excuse could be the U.S. is the great satan. The drug cartels after territories, ala Mexico, Columbia, etc.

:cry

:pray :pray :amen :amen