• Total voters

Ghoti Ichthus

Pray so they do not serve alone. Ephesians 6:10-20
Veal . . .

Veal scallopini
Veal Italienne
Veal piccata
Veal Parmesan (Parmigiana)
Veal hamburger on the grill (oh, sooooooo tender)
Veal chop
Veal birds
Veal roast (olive oil, black pepper, garlic, and rosemary)
More veal, please.

Rabbit can be substituted for veal

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
My husband vacuum seals our meat. Works so good.

Most folks up in my neck of the woods favor vacumm sealing. I prefer wrapping the meat with plastic freezer wrap, then paper freezer wrap. The vacumm sealed packages tend to get nicked when I move things around in the freezer looking for stuff, then the contents start to freezer burn. The way I wrap it seems to not have that problem. Either way, when done correctly, gives a pretty long lifetime to the meat product.

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

Most folks up in my neck of the woods favor vacumm sealing. I prefer wrapping the meat with plastic freezer wrap, then paper freezer wrap. The vacumm sealed packages tend to get nicked when I move things around in the freezer looking for stuff, then the contents start to freezer burn. The way I wrap it seems to not have that problem. Either way, when done correctly, gives a pretty long lifetime to the meat product.

It's nice to get meat out of the service case because they wrap it in butcher paper. That way, there's no plastic or styrofoam touching the meat. When I check out, I have them wrap each package in the flimsy plastic bags. I wrap the plastic bag very tightly aound the paper wrapped meat, label/date, and then throw in the freezer. Keeps well during the rotation time, which is not more than three months, and could be less than one, depending on what it is and weather :rolleyes When I freeze home-made waffles, I wrap in wax paper and pack in feezer Zip locs. No freezer burn, yet :smile

If I had an upright freezer, I'd likely get a vacuum sealer, but for sure a lot more freezer boxes for individual servings of stuff :smile

Last edited:

Ghoti Ichthus

I tried fixing seafod one time... but the guy at Autozone™ gave me a very strange look and backed away slowly when I asked "What kind of wrench do you use on a lobster?"

I swear... some days, people can just make you feel downright unwelcome!....

Vise grips

Wash the preservative/cosmoline off, first :wink