Favorite Kitchen Gadgets

LindaLove

I absolutely love my Breville food processor. Tonight, I had grilled chicken and sliced cucumbers. It slices up a cucumber into really thin (or thick if you want) slices so quickly and into perfectly even circles. It looks so neat. I just find I eat more vegetables since getting this and I feel like it has really helped me improve my health some. Especially red cabbage coleslaw, zucchini and cauliflower… At the end of the day, I have such horrific programmer elbow pain the last thing I feel up to doing is slicing vegetables. I look forward to hearing more about what other people find helpful...I need to order one of those jar openers.

RobinB

Years ago hubby did something out of character-- he ordered something off an infomercial. Turned out to be the best kitchen thing we ever bought. It's a Flavor Wave oven-- a round glass tub with a top that puts off halogen, convection and infrared heats. You don't have to thaw meats or any food before cooking, and it's faster than regular cooking. They don't make them anymore but there is a similar oven made by NuWave. We also bought NuWave portable electric burners, which you can take outside on hot todays to boil your ears of corn, etc.

athenasius

Besides the dishwasher? :) Probably the Instant Pot. I use it a lot.
OK kerbluey, I was going to say my automatic electric egg cooker, but now you reminded me of that other even better thing, the dishwasher. LOVE MY DISHWASHER! I run it every night regardless of how full or empty it is, and empty it every morning and it keeps my kitchen tidy all day as a result.

But my egg cooker is a close second. Every couple of days George or I put 6 eggs in it, and it steams them to hard boiled perfection. We heave them into the fridge and have an egg or two every morning for breakfast.

I'm a fan of eggs at breakfast, I don't get low blood sugar attacks if I eat them, my weight stays stable, and I don't get too hungry later in the day. I'm not keto precisely, I'm low carb ISH with an emphasis on the ISH

OH WAIT, the Coffee Maker! Yeah that comes second, the egg cooker is third.

Caffeine is more of a priority than protein!

Work4Peanuts

I like being just a Well-Known Member
OK kerbluey, I was going to say my automatic electric egg cooker, but now you reminded me of that other even better thing, the dishwasher. LOVE MY DISHWASHER! I run it every night regardless of how full or empty it is, and empty it every morning and it keeps my kitchen tidy all day as a result.

But my egg cooker is a close second. Every couple of days George or I put 6 eggs in it, and it steams them to hard boiled perfection. We heave them into the fridge and have an egg or two every morning for breakfast.

I'm a fan of eggs at breakfast, I don't get low blood sugar attacks if I eat them, my weight stays stable, and I don't get too hungry later in the day. I'm not keto precisely, I'm low carb ISH with an emphasis on the ISH

OH WAIT, the Coffee Maker! Yeah that comes second, the egg cooker is third.

Caffeine is more of a priority than protein!
I agree. Both of those answers were excellent. I just don't really think of a dishwasher as a "gadget" (doesn't mean it isn't.)

I have always preferred cold brewed coffee, it just tastes better to me. I used to wrap the ground coffee up in a filter (like a big teabag), added to a pitcher of water and refrigerated overnight.

Since cold brew has become popular, I found a cold brew coffee maker on a popular online retailer. I absolutely love it! Easy to use and clean - makes great coffee. I don't have many small kitchen appliances or gadgets, but this item has earned its space in my kitchen.

athenasius

Athenasius, what is ISH?
It's a way of saying that I don't follow Keto "rules", and I loosely interpret low carbing. I'm low carb ish like I might be tidy ish, meaning about 50% of the time I'm tidy, the other 50% I might be a total disaster zone.

I'm a loose woman, what can I say? :lol I play fast and loose with the rules, so a lot of things are ISH with me.

I'm a stickler for things pertaining to God and the Bible and right and wrong, but when it comes to diet, housekeeping or other miscellaneous stuff I'm operating in the grey zone so to speak.

athenasius

I have always preferred cold brewed coffee, it just tastes better to me. I used to wrap the ground coffee up in a filter (like a big teabag), added to a pitcher of water and refrigerated overnight.

Since cold brew has become popular, I found a cold brew coffee maker on a popular online retailer. I absolutely love it! Easy to use and clean - makes great coffee. I don't have many small kitchen appliances or gadgets, but this item has earned its space in my kitchen.
I gotta try it, our Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee chain) just started advertising cold brew coffee. I love coffee period, so I'm interested. Especially if I can make it at home.

Lynn

Longing for Home
I gotta try it, our Tim Hortons (Canadian coffee chain) just started advertising cold brew coffee. I love coffee period, so I'm interested. Especially if I can make it at home.
Marge, about a year ago, I was over the top loving cold brew coffee, couldn't get enough, especially with a little full fat cream at the top that slowly drifted its way down. The swirling pattern was pretty, and, oh! It was so good. Then, I learned the bad news about the 'way higher caffeine content. Since dh & I both have hypertension, I decided it wouldn't be wise to keep making overnight cold brew any longer. Now, I rarely have it, but it's still so good when I do.