Favorite Beach town....totally off topic of anything important....

Love His Appearing

Hello all. We are currently enjoying a month long beach vacation on the gulf coast of Mexico in Redington Beach, FL. WE have 100% agreed that we all need a little more vitamin SEA in our lives, so need a little help on our unofficial poll, Do you have a favorite Beach city and why? Texas beaches, California beaches and Hawaii beaches have already been decided against. But we are open to any other suggestions. There are pros and cons to all of them, I know. DO you prefer the white, sugary sand of the gulf coast or the bigger, bluer waves of the east? What about the pacific north west?Or Virginia Beach or something in NC or SC? I love the ocean, but I rarely get in it. I just like to watch it and hear it. It brings me such peace. We are considering selling our mountain house in exchange for a beach one but I am overwhelmed in thinking of all the possibilities.

Don't give it too much thought, just whatever comes to mind. You can vote more than once. :) What would be your happiest place if you could buy something right on the beach, I dont care how old or dumpy or small just as long as the patio opens up to full ocean view. I can fix the rest. I long to spend my morning hours with my Lord, the Word and my coffee soaking it in on my very own patio while looking at the power of the sea.

Likely a pipe dream, but my husband has aways told me that if I am going to dream, I should dream big, :) (Plus, the first bible study I d the week ws a well now prophecy teacher who literally starts his video with...""If God is telling you to move, ask him if you can go t oFlorida

Lovin Jesus

Hello all. We are currently enjoying a month long beach vacation on the gulf coast of Mexico in Redington Beach, FL. WE have 100% agreed that we all need a little more vitamin SEA in our lives, so need a little help on our unofficial poll, Do you have a favorite Beach city and why? Texas beaches, California beaches and Hawaii beaches have already been decided against. But we are open to any other suggestions. There are pros and cons to all of them, I know. DO you prefer the white, sugary sand of the gulf coast or the bigger, bluer waves of the east? What about the pacific north west?Or Virginia Beach or something in NC or SC? I love the ocean, but I rarely get in it. I just like to watch it and hear it. It brings me such peace. We are considering selling our mountain house in exchange for a beach one but I am overwhelmed in thinking of all the possibilities.

Don't give it too much thought, just whatever comes to mind. You can vote more than once. :) What would be your happiest place if you could buy something right on the beach, I dont care how old or dumpy or small just as long as the patio opens up to full ocean view. I can fix the rest. I long to spend my morning hours with my Lord, the Word and my coffee soaking it in on my very own patio while looking at the power of the sea.

Likely a pipe dream, but my husband has aways told me that if I am going to dream, I should dream big, :) (Plus, the first bible study I d the week ws a well now prophecy teacher who literally starts his video with...""If God is telling you to move, ask him if you can go t oFlorida
It's ALWAYS nice to have something on the positive side! Thank you!

pixelpusher

Gulf coast of FL around Destin, Navarre, Gulf Breeze, Pensacola are my favorite beaches hands down, in my experience, but I'm limited in picking from CT, NC and FL. I've never really been anywhere else to the beach, never seen the Pacific in real life. Myrtle Beach, but it's not even on my list. Up here in NC, it's Emerald Isle or Atlantic Beach*. Bear Island is awesome, a pristine island with nothing but a ferry landing, bathhouse and a few campsites on it. I would love to wind up back in my old stomping grounds in FL if we remain here.

@Spartan Sprinter 1, we will have to lobby for a wave pool in the River up there I reckon.

ETA: *although we've taken a couple mini-vacays to Kill Devil Hills on the Outer Banks, and Ocracoke, great places there too, just take too long to get to usually.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I grew up in a Beach town. Of the many beaches in the vicinity I preferred The Silver Strand. Good surfing waves. A rock jetty where I could go and watch crabs skitter about. I rented a house there as a young man for a while. Sometimes I'd go lay on the sand and fall asleep. I was never a very good surfer but I did a lot of that too. I had a long board I inherited from an older brother and a shorter one. As kids we would go to businesses that serviced 18 wheelers and leave with intertubes for the big trucks that had holes in them. We'd patch them up then blow them up until they were quite large and float around in those past where the waves were breaking.

I wouldn't want to live near the beach necessarily but Silver Strand would be my favorite beach just for the good memories. After I became a Believer I would sometimes go out on that rock jetty and sit and pray. It was a favorite place for me to go. Silver Strand is in California. I've yet to visit a beach on the east coast that's as nice as the beaches in Southern California... and the waves are nicer (bigger) on the west coast as well. On the west coast the beaches are pretty much open access. I was surprised to learn I couldn't even step onto the sand at a Jersey beach without paying somebody first.

ShilohRose

I love the water, but I love rushing white water and waterfalls. If I had a mountain home, I'd not trade it for a beach anywhere, including Magens Bay on St. Thomas or the island of St. John, both of which I've visited. But I'm an odd person. I know more people prefer the beach.

Tall Timbers

Imperfect but forgiven
I lived in Port Hueneme California, behind the residence across the street was the Pacific Ocean, the Ocean was so cold it turned my belly orange or was it something else. :)

The Silver Strand that I described was a sliver of land sandwiched between the Seabee Base there in Port Hueneme and the ocean. The beach named Port Hueneme had a fishing pier and that's where I went fishing most of the time as a kid. I'd somehow carry a pole and reel, a bucket, and a box of fishing supplies in my hands as I rode the few miles from our house to the Port Hueneme beach pier on my stingray bicycle. I caught a lot of perch there.

I believe the Seabee Base was kind of between the Port Hueneme Beach and The Silver Strand. A little further to the north of the Silver Strand was another beach... I'm not sure, but I think it might have been called Hollywood Beach. Sonny and Cher lived there. I'd often see them when I was riding my stingray bicycle around the area.

@seated with Christ, sounds like you and I lived in the same general area. Our family home was in Oxnard, but I later moved to the Strand for a while. As a young adult I moved around a lot. Port Hueneme was kind of a little extension of Oxnard... a little community sandwiched between Oxnard and the Ocean.

One of my first jobs was at a Dari Delight. It was kind of the precursor to fast food. It was just off the road that had the entrances to the Seabee Base and behind it was a KMart. I later worked at Sambos which was in North Oxnard, then I went to work at Sandy's in Camarillo.

pixelpusher

On the west coast the beaches are pretty much open access. I was surprised to learn I couldn't even step onto the sand at a Jersey beach without paying somebody first.
Huh. Yeah, around here, about the only way you are guaranteed to get to access the beach in the summer time is if you are renting a place, or get out there on the kayak (or other boat, I guess, if one must). Or get there super early while there's parking.

In FL, we could just pull off the side of the highway and cross the dunes. They've put an end to that free access now also I understand.

Andy C

I enjoy the beach, and I grew up going to the beaches in southern CA. NC also has a few nice beaches in the vicinity of Wilmington. However, I have on occasion enjoyed staying in a beach house rental, but I would never purchase property in close proximity to the ocean.

Andy C

I love the water, but I love rushing white water and waterfalls. If I had a mountain home, I'd not trade it for a beach anywhere, including Magens Bay on St. Thomas or the island of St. John, both of which I've visited. But I'm an odd person. I know more people prefer the beach.
I also would prefer a home in the mountains with lakes and rivers nearby.

seated with Christ

The Silver Strand that I described was a sliver of land sandwiched between the Seabee Base there in Port Hueneme and the ocean. The beach named Port Hueneme had a fishing pier and that's where I went fishing most of the time as a kid. I'd somehow carry a pole and reel, a bucket, and a box of fishing supplies in my hands as I rode the few miles from our house to the Port Hueneme beach pier on my stingray bicycle. I caught a lot of perch there.

I believe the Seabee Base was kind of between the Port Hueneme Beach and The Silver Strand. A little further to the north of the Silver Strand was another beach... I'm not sure, but I think it might have been called Hollywood Beach. Sonny and Cher lived there. I'd often see them when I was riding my stingray bicycle around the area.

@seated with Christ, sounds like you and I lived in the same general area. Our family home was in Oxnard, but I later moved to the Strand for a while. As a young adult I moved around a lot. Port Hueneme was kind of a little extension of Oxnard... a little community sandwiched between Oxnard and the Ocean.

One of my first jobs was at a Dari Delight. It was kind of the precursor to fast food. It was just off the road that had the entrances to the Seabee Base and behind it was a KMart. I later worked at Sambos which was in North Oxnard, then I went to work at Sandy's in Camarillo.
My family my family was there to be with my Seabee brother, with stayed on Ocean Drive, I believe. I had that California Dreaming experience.